• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The matter of the "de Gea hiatus" at Manchester United appears to have been suddenly solved very quickly indeed, with him signing a new four-year contract at Manchester United. Real Madrid will not at all be pleased with this sudden development.

At a guess it won't stop them coming back for him in January or the Summer, contracts in football aren't actually worth the paper they're printed on...

Minilad

Established Member
Does anyone really think De Gea will still be at Man Yoo in 4 years time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not just a ruse so they get a fee for him next summer rather than him just walking away for free

richw

Veteran Member
Does anyone really think De Gea will still be at Man Yoo in 4 years time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not just a ruse so they get a fee for him next summer rather than him just walking away for free

No he will be gone. I'd have a guess a minimum release clause is in that contract.

Suarez was gone in less than a year from Liverpool after signing a new long term contract,

backontrack

Established Member
Suarez was gone in less than a year from Liverpool after signing a new long term contract.

Suarez was an interesting case. He clamoured for Champions League football, but stayed when they didn't get it. He only left when they did get it!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Why did de Gea even need to sign a new contract if he could have left at the end of the season and don't forget the very lucrative lump sum joining offer that Real Madrid had made him if he saw out the existing contract and joined them on a free transfer.

Does anyone think there is any truth in the media rumour that de Gea will be on £200,000 a week at Manchester United under the terms of this new contract?

tigerroar

On Moderation
Two players that I know have been in the news this week.

Sahr Kabba has been banned for feigning injury and Jake Gosling has become Gibraltar's all time leading goalscorer!

Groningen

Established Member
When are you going to hate Louis van Gaal? You can not say tht this person is normal. Who much has he spend in his 2nd season? Needs still to improve on his speech of the english language.

zuriblue

Why did de Gea even need to sign a new contract if he could have left at the end of the season and don't forget the very lucrative lump sum joining offer that Real Madrid had made him if he saw out the existing contract and joined them on a free transfer.

Does anyone think there is any truth in the media rumour that de Gea will be on £200,000 a week at Manchester United under the terms of this new contract?

It might have been down to the Spanish national team. The coach had made it clear that if he didn't play club football he wouldn't be selected and Van Gaal was going to sit him in the stands if he didn't sign.

200K is what I've heard, probably pretty credible. I've also heard it's backdated a year so he gets a lump sum of around 8M, there's a 50M release clause but he gets a share of that. He's done well out of this as has his agent.

For todays game he's going to need insulated gloves with United lumping the ball up to Fellaini and Liverpool lumping the ball up to Benteke the ball is going to spend most of the match in the stratosphere.

backontrack

Established Member
As are Kompany, De Bruyne, Courtois, Hazard, Mignolet, Lukaku and quite a few others. Surprising to see such a small country producing so many quality players.

Yes, the last two years have had basically the whole Belgian team in the PL! :lol:

-Mignolet
-Courtois
-Alderweireld
-Kompany
-Vertonghen
-Vermaelen
-Pocognoli
-Boyata
-De Bruyne
-Dembele
-Fellaini
-Hazard
-Mirallas
-Januzaj
-Chadli
-Benteke
-Lukaku
-Origi

That's enough for a whole team including all seven subs (even a substitute keeper!)

Last edited:

familyguy99

Oldham 1-5 Peterborough

Darren Kelly who become Latics manager back in May will be sacked tonight or tomorrow from what I hear, if it does happens then I feel sorry for him but he shouldn't become Oldham manager and Oldham board should get blame for this.

I see Chelsea are now 11 points drift from Man City after Chelsea lost 3-1 to Everton, knowing only five game played surely Chelsea wouldn't be winning Premiership title this season.

Last edited:

Antman

Established Member
Oldham 1-5 Peterborough

Darren Kelly who become Latics manager back in May will be sacked tonight or tomorrow from what I hear, if it does happens then I feel sorry for him but he shouldn't become Oldham manager and Oldham board should get blame for this.

I see Chelsea are now 11 points drift from Man City after Chelsea lost 3-1 to Everton, knowing only five game played surely Chelsea wouldn't be winning Premiership title this season.

No I think our hopes of retaining the title are gone already, us Chelsea fans accept these blips from time to time, the last time we started badly we ended up winning the champions league, but three defeats in the opening five games really is concerning!

richw

Veteran Member

Get as much money out of United as possible, for the year he stays. Massively increased weekly wage, signing bonus he'll probably for 1 year be a minimum of 10-15 million better off

No I think our hopes of retaining the title are gone already, us Chelsea fans accept these blips from time to time, the last time we started badly we ended up winning the champions league, but three defeats in the opening five games really is concerning!

Three losses and a draw even worse.

I don't see anyone stopping City at the moment. Joe Hart has 7 consecutive clean sheets now in the league!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oldham 1-5 Peterborough

BBC Sport reporting Darren Kelly has gone (18:15)

CC 72100

Established Member
For todays game he's going to need insulated gloves with United lumping the ball up to Fellaini and Liverpool lumping the ball up to Benteke the ball is going to spend most of the match in the stratosphere.

Correct, it's been a yawnfest so far. Fellaini can't do intricate passing, needs wingers to feed him crosses.

So we play Herrera and Mata, who like little intricate balls, and leave true wingers Valencia and Young on the bench.

Because that's taking into account how people play... :|

familyguy99

BBC Sport reporting Darren Kelly has gone (18:15)

Confirm.

Oldham Athletic (2004) AFC Limited can confirm that first team manager, Darren Kelly, is no longer in charge of first team affairs at the club.

The Board of Directors would like to place on record their thanks to Darren for his contribution to the development of the club during his tenure and wish him well for the future.

The club will not be seeking any applications for the role of first team manager at this time and can also confirm that all the current coaching staff will remain in their respective roles.

The club will not be making any further comment on this matter at the present time.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-2683849.aspx#lpBWqh540eJ3uISF.99

Really really hope Oldham don't appoint Holden as our new manager but rumour have it that former Leeds boss Redfearn could be new Oldham manager, if it is Redfearn then I'm happy as he did good job at Leeds and feel he get players going again.

richw

Veteran Member
The club will not be seeking any applications for the role of first team manager at this time and can also confirm that all the current coaching staff will remain in their respective roles.

So either an internal promotion or someone already hired.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
F A Cup....1st qualifying round

Darlington 1....Hyde United 3

Not in a month of Sundays did I see that one coming. I wonder what DarloRich thinks of this result.
English Premiership

Manchester United 3...Liverpool 1

Manchester appears to have teams in both first and second place in that league tonight.
Really, really hope Oldham don't appoint Holden as our new manager but rumour has it that former Leeds boss Redfearn could be the new Oldham manager If it is Redfearn then I'm happy as he did a good job at Leeds and feel he gets players going again.

Is this the same Neil Redfearn who played in midfield for Oldham Athletic in the early 1990's?

SS4

Established Member
Two great goals from Benteke and Martial respectively closed a much better second half at Old Trafford (it wasn't hard to be more exciting than the first 45min)

Drogba11CFC

Swindon Supermarine 0...Winchester City 4 (Bentley 12, 75, Barron 47, Cann 85)

For the second season running, Winchester City march into the second qualifying round of the FA Cup. Despite a nervy spell in the second half, Swindon Supermarine were unable to finish in front of goal, and ultimately paid the price. One Chelsea fan on twitter has called for Chelsea to sign Warren Bentley...!

familyguy99

F A Cup....1st qualifying round

Darlington 1....Hyde United 3

Not in a month of Sundays did I see that one coming. I wonder what DarloRich thinks of this result.

Looking on Hyde twitter page it mention that it was only second time in 10 years that Hyde United have won FA Cup game :shock:

Is this the same Neil Redfearn who played in midfield for Oldham Athletic in the early 1990's?

Yes I believe so.

Given Oldham owners like to do thing on cheap side I wouldn't be surprise to see David Dunn become our new player/Manager plus when we sign Dunn back in July lot of our fans believe he be our new manager before xmas as quite lot of them thought Darren Kelly will get boot by xmas, we wait and see who become new Oldham boss.

12CSVT

Established Member
For those addicts of bizarre statistics

Both Norwich City and Ipswich Town are eighth in their respective leagues with a minus goal difference.

Clachnacuddin are fourth from bottom of the Highland League (two wins, seven defeats) with a plus goal difference.