• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Intermodal after trainee drivers across UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Good company to work for according to drivers I've spoke to, step on step off, no van driving, don't even think they couple train up or pull a hand point,think it's all booked work so you know what your working , it's poles apart compared to heavy haul, where it's long diagrams at all hours of the day,rostering not great, shunting and car driving duties. Plus lots of additional payments for sign on and say diagram changes, For an easier ride I'd choose intermodal any day :)

becoming more and more glad I wasn't successful with heavy haul...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
BTW I saw a freightliner loco reversing off the main line without reds lit but hear this is normal practise couldn't see if it was a blind reversal.or a loco at the other end?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rugd1022

BTW I saw a freightliner loco reversing off the main line without reds lit but hear this is normal practise couldn't see if it was a blind reversal.or a loco at the other end?

Happens a lot because going back to the rear cab to switch on the tail lights can cause more delay than necessary, especially if you're clearing a busy mainline ;).

winefarm

I've thrown my hat in the ring too! I also applied for HH last year and also think this sounds like a better move, here's hoping...

AD15

I hear there are about 20 jobs, their building a new state of the art depot in Doncaster. How true this info is, is your guess.

Established Member
Haha. Caught Freightliner with a good one here.

Assesment form test gives a question. Family of six people ABCDEF A is Bs brother... etc how many are male - question.

"A and C are a married couple"

Oh dear. It's 2015. Could that be two ladies or two men? 10/10 to FL for making a fun test, but at least get it right :)

Saltire

Haha. Caught Freightliner with a good one here.

Assesment form test gives a question. Family of six people ABCDEF A is Bs brother... etc how many are male - question.

"A and C are a married couple"

Oh dear. It's 2015. Could that be two ladies or two men? 10/10 to FL for making a fun test, but at least get it right :)

Oh Dear - think someone should have read the question properly!
Ah well that narrows down the competition :lol:

Daz9284

Oh Dear - think someone should have read the question properly!
Ah well that narrows down the competition :lol:

He has a point, as all it said was one was the son of, and something like person x isn't the son of y. That could mean the person had re-married

Saltire

It would be strange if "C" was married to their son's, "B", brother "A" Incest - a game for all the family
But in all seriousness these questions aren't there to catch you out, keep it simple.

Last edited:

kelv

It would be strange if "C" was married to their son's, "B", brother "A".
But in all seriousness these questions aren't there to catch you out, keep it simple.

Exactly

Surprised nobody has brought 'Gender Dysphoric' up the way this has gone.

reminds me of The Young Ones sketch...

Rick......"And what makes you think that your Bank Managers a Man ?"......

Neil........"His Beard"

Last edited:

mepd

A bit gutted!!

Just done the application chilled, made a coffe and proceeded with the test.

Wasn't expecting them to be as tough, flapped a bit, calmed down and battered through them.

Last edited:

Sammy h

Is it me or is there not a place to save your application? Very annoying :(

Applied. Hopefully they have a vacancy in Donny. Or maybe Northern rail will get back to me first . . .

I think I got all the questions right - though some of them took some headscratching! Especially the "B is the brother of C, how many males" one. Last time I did one of those it was in a puzzle book! :lol:
I hear there are about 20 jobs, their building a new state of the art depot in Doncaster. How true this info is, is your guess.

Hmm, how true IS this info? I hadn't heard anything, I live in Donny. It would be amazing for my chances if it were true of course.

I know they own/operate the railport in Doncaster, but I don't think they have much more to do with the town at the moment. Unless anyone can correct me . . .

Daz9284

Applied. Hopefully they have a vacancy in Donny. Or maybe Northern rail will get back to me first . . .

I think I got all the questions right - though some of them took some headscratching! Especially the "B is the brother of C, how many males" one. Last time I did one of those it was in a puzzle book! :lol:

Hmm, how true IS this info? I hadn't heard anything, I live in Donny. It would be amazing for my chances if it were true of course.

I know they own/operate the railport in Doncaster, but I don't think they have much more to do with the town at the moment. Unless anyone can correct me . . .

There is a large road and rail connected distribution centre being built near Jct 3 of the M18
http://iportuk.com/

AD15

So my info was correct. Lads at work don't usually get it too far wrong. Ha.

Ah of course. I had heard about that just forgotten it. I reckon it's a couple/few years off yet though. Wouldn't think they'd be recruiting for it yet anyway. They haven't even finished the farrrs Road yet.

AD15

Might train lads up at sturton and get them up to speed, ready for when it opens maybe.

Neonoodle

Morning all. New here so though i would say hello. I followed the last treadanaught on the heavy haul trainee scheme with great intrest even though i only found out about it agter the scheme closed. Have a friend that managed to get through the application process and started training in Jan anf told me about this scheme so thought i would throw my application into the ring and see what happens.

I'll be watching this with great intrest. If anyone w
has and hint or tips feel free to share them

Neil

leep

Hi guys, is it possible to complete application form and return to complete assessment on another date? I want to be fully prepard for the assessment and have ordered Baron's mechanical aptitude (as previoulsy stated in earlier thread). This might sound like being overly prepared but it's my last chance salon as I failed a previous assessment day at DBS (mind went blank on memory test).

Greenyeti

Hi guys, is it possible to complete application form and return to complete assessment on another date? I want to be fully prepard for the assessment and have ordered Baron's mechanical aptitude (as previoulsy stated in earlier thread). This might sound like being overly prepared but it's my last chance salon as I failed a previous assessment day at DBS (mind went blank on memory test).

You can leave the application live on your computer (put it to sleep rather than shut down) - I did all of the application before the test and had to go to work, came home the following morning and it hadn't lost my info. I don't think there is an option to save it though.

Obviously it's a good idea to get some practice of the aptitude style questions however I wouldn't leave it too long, applications can close early if there is enough interest. This doesn't count towards your 2 chances, only actual assessment day tests.

Daz9284

Morning all. New here so though i would say hello. I followed the last treadanaught on the heavy haul trainee scheme with great intrest even though i only found out about it agter the scheme closed. Have a friend that managed to get through the application process and started training in Jan anf told me about this scheme so thought i would throw my application into the ring and see what happens.

I'll be watching this with great intrest. If anyone w
has and hint or tips feel free to share them

Neil

Hi Neil, and welcome

I suppose your mate hasn't heard anything about the postponed March FLHH intake to do?

Regards
Darryl

Neonoodle

Hi Neil, and welcome

I suppose your mate hasn't heard anything about the postponed March FLHH intake to do?

Regards
Darryl

I dont thing he had. Hes never said anything about it. Next time i catch him i'll try to remember to ask him

Sammy h

Didn't you apply last year for hh

I did, passed all the tests, but failed at the testing interview stage unfortunately.

Still on the railway and have since moved to a different department and loving it, but driving is still the dream!

The tests on the application are not particularly challenging. They are logic tests. Anyone with a logical mind and good spacial awareness will get them. You don't need to practise. I did it last night at 9pm having been up since 4am and believe I got them all right.

Treadstone

The tests on the application are not particularly challenging. They are logic tests. Anyone with a logical mind and good spacial awareness will get them. You don't need to practise. I did it last night at 9pm having been up since 4am and believe I got them all right.

In the barons book, it has the answer to one of the questions regarding oil and water, oil being lighter and so will go to the top if more water added to the jug, could catch some out imo.

In the barons book, it has the answer to one of the questions regarding oil and water, oil being lighter and so will go to the top if more water added to the jug, could catch some out imo.

Perhaps. Granted I did have to think back to gcse physics lessons about levers and forces for one of the questions too.

Nic nic

hmm discussing the content of the test am I the only one finding it a little inappropriate?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.