• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FTPE Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaxmanVP185

Your not the only one AndyB19 , I aint heard anything of yet. I applied for the FTPE trainee drivers vacancies last time round in March and got pretty far all the way to the 2nd stage, from 1200 down to the final 6 but made a stupid blunder on the final assessment!! Kicking myself ever since! Its quite a process to go through and certainly a rollercoaster of waiting, high and lows. I was told by the assessor I would only need to do the one assessment again as I have passed all other assessments to the TPE standard. That makes it even harder for me! But hey ho not to worry. Good luck to everyone else whos applying :) I'm intrested to know what happens 2nd time round having got so far into the process previously.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ST

I am waiting too, completed both on line tests, which depots are people being called for telephone interviews for? I have applied for York and was wandering whether they are taking it in turns and York is yet to be interviewed for - at least I hope!

MiltonTheFrog

Applied for the Sheffield position and have my phone interview on Monday.

Would just like to say a big thanks to all forum members. This site has been very helpful!

BKHH

I too have completed both online assessments and have my telephone interview on Friday... In all honesty when i have applied for other jobs and passed all the crutial assessments, this is the part i always fail! I have worked as a conductor for over 9 years and i want to move forward...

Anything else apart from customer service amd motivation questions??

ANY help would be appreciated!!!!!

Last edited:

MiltonTheFrog

I too have completed both online assessments and have my telephone interview on Friday... In all honesty when i have applied for other jobs and passed all the crutial assessments, this is the part i always fail! I have worked as a conductor for over 9 years and i want to move forward...

Anything else apart from customer service amd motivation questions??

ANY help would be appreciated!!!!!

Best of luck BKHH. Don't regret past failures, think of them as practices for this!

ST

Hello all

I have been invited to a telephone interview, when I have clicked on the link to book a time, the system is displaying the words "no entries so far" anyone else had the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

Hprice1099

Phone interview now complete, she said it will take around 4 weeks to hear back. Fingers crossed :)

387star

On Moderation
Got my telephone interview coming up if pass go straight to managers interview im applying internally with fgw

Riks1186

I have my phone interview tommorow (26/9/14) was wondering if anybody had some pointers?

Grafter

Good luck to you all that have applied for these roles. It seems that this recruitment 'train' is moving at a very fast pace...

If I could offer one bit of advise to those that have telephone interviews, is just be yourself. You may find it easier than trying to be one step ahead of the interviewer.

I'm just gutted that these roles weren't a bit closer to home

BKHH

Best of luck BKHH. Don't regret past failures, think of them as practices for this!

Thanks Milton!! I'm all prepared and raring to go... Not!! Haha! I've had alittle help and feeling much more confident :D
Good luck for Monday :D

Hprice1099

How did it go? Any pointers for those who haven't done it yet?
Good luck and fingers crossed for you. :D

I thought it went well but you never know, to be honest there's no useful advice I could give. I say that because it was all customers service questions relating to your own experience.

iWanabee

Yeah I had my telephone interview yesterday. It wasn't what I was expecting after completing a telephone interview for a guard a few weeks earlier. I 'think' it well, but time will tell I suppose. Good luck to all.

graeme.h

Hi all, just signed up as I also have my telephone interview today, good luck to all!

Stilltrying

I've applied for the Conductors vacancies with FTPE and the drivers vacancies.
Waiting to book the assessment centre for the conductors job.
Just completed the drivers telephone interview, they said it would be upto 4 weeks until we hear the result of that.

JohnC

I've applied for the Conductors vacancies with FTPE and the drivers vacancies.
Waiting to book the assessment centre for the conductors job.
Just completed the drivers telephone interview, they said it would be upto 4 weeks until we hear the result of that.

In the same boat but a bit behind you. Had the conductor phone interview but still not heard back. Completed driver assessments but no word about phone interview yet. Fingers crossed still.

ant2000

Does any one know if FTPE conduct the Railway Verbal Communication Exercises (RVCE) at the assessment stages? For Train Driver vacancies

Riks1186

Good luck all, anyone heard for Manc Picc?

I had my phone interview on Friday. They said it can take up to 4 weeks for a response. From other posts I'm guessing that's the general response. All depends on numbers and results.

AndyB19

I had my phone interview on Friday. They said it can take up to 4 weeks for a response. From other posts I'm guessing that's the general response. All depends on numbers and results.

Thanks mate. I completed both assessments following the application form on 16th September, not heard anything since. I'm guessing I didn't get through.

Gary312

Thanks mate. I completed both assessments following the application form on 16th September, not heard anything since. I'm guessing I didn't get through.
In the same boat as you Andy still waiting to hear back about Manc. Contemplating sending them an email but surely they'd let us know if unsuccessful.. surely :roll:

Hprice1099

In the same boat as you Andy still waiting to hear back about Manc. Contemplating sending them an email but surely they'd let us know if unsuccessful.. surely :roll:

Yes, I was told I'd be informed either way within 4 weeks. Long patient wait lol

Riks1186

Yes, I was told I'd be informed either way within 4 weeks. Long patient wait lol

I can't see it taking 4 weeks as they will need to fit organising assessment & interview days, medicals, checks etc in to a 3 month gap that also includes the Christmas and new year period which I imagine would be quite difficult. Would be interesting to know how many got threw to the phone interview stage.

AndyB19

I would have thought so mate, I know Northern Rail do, perhaps FTPE just had far too many though. I'm sure I read somewhere, those that complete the online assessment go through to phone interview automatically. I'm going to give it a few more days and then send them a polite email, suppose if nothing else it shows enthusiasm. :)

ant2000

Can Any one tell me if the Group Bourdon Test for FTPE is done on computer or paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.