• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FTPE Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameshammond

When I applied earlier this year they took hundreds for phone interview and assessments but only picked 4/5 for interview with only one vacancy at each depot

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AndyB19

Even if there is only 1 vacancy, they could well be holding people in a talent pool. People pull out of these things for sorts of reasons.

dazjam

If you sit the FTPE assessment having already passed with another TOC (but waiting in a pool) and fail with FTPE does it affect your original scores.
Been invited for FTPE assessment but unsure if this will affect my pool place
Thanks

Louby

If you sit the FTPE assessment having already passed with another TOC (but waiting in a pool) and fail with FTPE does it affect your original scores.
Been invited for FTPE assessment but unsure if this will affect my pool place
Thanks

It shouldn't , it's just they have an " enhanced" pass rate , if you fail I don't think the data base will change your scores as it's just ftpe that wants the enhanced pass, your results will show the same

dazjam

Thanks Louby for the reply,have you applied for FTPE or just waiting for Northern

Hprice1099

Hi all,
Has anyone done there assessment? Just wondering how many you do? It says you only do 3 on the email. Anyone staying in York tonight? I've made a weekend of it and brought the the ball and chain and kids lol :)

Louby

Hi all,
Has anyone done there assessment? Just wondering how many you do? It says you only do 3 on the email. Anyone staying in York tonight? I've made a weekend of it and brought the the ball and chain and kids lol :)

Depends how they do it, you should start with the bourdon and dials then do the teaocc , then stage 2 is Vienna and mmi

Hprice1099

Did it not say on your email?
Mine wasn't but it was for northern not ftpe

It did say the first 3 but I wasn't sure, I'm going on the basis that when I done the tests with northern a while ago it was meant to be the same but ended up doing them all.

Louby

It did say the first 3 but I wasn't sure, I'm going on the basis that when I done the tests with northern a while ago it was meant to be the same but ended up doing them all.

Some have had theirs today , maybe they can shed a bit of light on it

quagmire

Some had theirs yesterday too, and did the following;

Group Bourdon.

Learn some stuff from some text and answer questions on it afterwards, without notes.

Dials/Cables thing.

Count certain tones while various tones play.

Look up symbols while listening to some bleeps.

Hope that helps. Good luck to everyone involved.

Cheers,
Quagsy.

Louby

Group Bourdon.

Learn some stuff from some text and answer questions on it afterwards, without notes.

Dials/Cables thing.

Cheers,
Quagsy.

Yep,stage 1 to a tea ( pardon the pun !)

Hprice1099

Group Bourdon.

Dials/Cables thing.

Cheers,
Quagsy.

garlic bread

Well garlic bread had his stage 1 at York this am. Brought back fond memories of the old tests , oh how I missed mech. Comprehension 😝. Good luck to rest of the group (25 in one go , shoulder to shoulder Cramped into a too small room . OPC must've thought we were sardines)

Louby

Well garlic bread had his stage 1 at York this am. Brought back fond memories of the old tests , oh how I missed mech. Comprehension 😝. Good luck to rest of the group (25 in one go , shoulder to shoulder Cramped into a too small room . OPC must've thought we were sardines)

30 in mine! And a conference next door ! ( thought it was part of the test at one point!)

garlic bread

Need help with my maths. Checked with bloke from opc this am. Ftpe sent 220 for stage 1 tests. If tocs working on ratio of 8 applicants per post (to test) then that's 27 posts , conversely if they send 12 per post then that's 18 positions. Are ftpe really that short, because if those numbers are right that's a big herd. Or am I missing the obvious (maybe massive cull for stage 2 with the infamous higher standard?)

Louby

Need help with my maths. Checked with bloke from opc this am. Ftpe sent 220 for stage 1 tests. If tocs working on ratio of 8 applicants per post (to test) then that's 27 posts , conversely if they send 12 per post then that's 18 positions. Are ftpe really that short, because if those numbers are right that's a big herd. Or am I missing the obvious (maybe massive cull for stage 2 with the infamous higher standard?)

Few might fail at this stage , stage 2 tends to filter out even more , especially the MMI and the DM interview, Northern do that first not last.
can't see that many jobs going but they probably going to pool the rest.
If you get on straight away then it's good, but reading the other threads my 8 months in the pool is very short a comparison to their wait.

garlic bread

Yep had the joy of the northern way. Just reading some previous posts , 1200 applications, ?4 positions. (Based on Average 300:1 applications per position) so if 220 get stage 1 tests then that's 55 per post . Me is expecting a v. Big cull of hopefuls. Hoping my maths is wrong but can't see ftpe that short of drivers . Or are they having to up the numbers before handing in the keys at toc change over?

peak_46

There are only 4 posts according to the HR department. One at each of Man, Liv, Sheff and York.

Riks1186

Just got back from York. There was 23 in our session. Overheard that there was 5 positions at Manchester.

Good luck and well done to the people who make it to stage 2.

garlic bread

Guess that was am session . Not sure what to make of numbers . I was 2nd to last row next to door.where was you?

Riks1186

Guess that was am session . Not sure what to make of numbers . I was 2nd to last row next to door.where was you?

Ye AM session. 3rd seat front row.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Seems silly if it's only 1 at each depo. If 1 person drops out in training then they will be short again.

Status
Not open for further replies.