• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gateline assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Colonel

Anyone have any idea how much it will cost for a taxi from Waterloo to the place in Blackfriars court? I have my medical next week and I'm probably going to end up getting lost :lol:. That map they sent me wasn't much help.....

All the best Greaz, you'll be fine! You have the same medical time as me :D

You can walk it in less than 10 mins! I didn't even get a map - was sent another one to Viewpoint in Basingstoke :roll: Have a look on google maps or streetmap.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Google eh? Thats a really good idea :D

I don't mind walking, just don't want to get lost

To be fair, the map to Viewpoint is just as helpful....

sultanofswing

Back when I was going through the process, I was dissappointed by how slow it was, after passing the medical, I got the start date and it was 5 weeks away, hopefuly you guys won't have to wait that long!

I can trump that, passed my medical on Nov 10th, start date 6th Feb, 12 and a half weeks! This is with FGW.

Still counting the weeks now! Although it is going to turn into days very soon.

Relax! Otherwise your heart rate might be too high and you'll fail the medical

When I had mine the nurse had to take my pulse and blood pressure 3 times! it kept falling, after the third one I fell under the limits, phew! I think I was over 100 beats per minute on the first attempt.

greaz

Just done the medical was easy lol so hopefully the urine samples results come back good! Lol any one know how long I will wait until I get the results?

Liam86

Normally 24 hours so try ringing HR tomorrow or Thursday and they should have the results.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
I'd give them a call if you haven't heard anything by Friday.

Yeah I second that, because they didn't call me after 48h so I ended up calling them and then they told me I'd passed!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I can trump that, passed my medical on Nov 10th, start date 6th Feb, 12 and a half weeks! This is with FGW.

Still counting the weeks now! Although it is going to turn into days very soon.

Although yours is for a drivers position? A bit more significant than my lowly Gateline role! ;)

LCC106

Established Member
I had my medical last Tuesday and received a letter confirming satisfactory results and my appointment (driver, Northern) on Saturday morning.

LCC106

Established Member
Thanks! Start on 23rd Jan. Now frantically trying to wind up the businesses!

Last edited:

LCC106

Established Member
I'm currently doing the same with my business! :D Got my medical a week today!

Time will FLY! Medical will be fine and then it'll be a rush job for you. Not happy with BT, who want me to pay up my business broadband in full but only want 20% of my telephone line rental for early termination. <(

greaz

Congratulations to you chaps who've just been accepted.

Passed my medical guys thanfully got the call this morning,they said I'm going to get letter some time next week with details of my induction which will be in basingstoke station lol so excited!

LCC106

Established Member
Fantastic news greaz! Bet you feel so much more sure about it now! Here's to a successful career.

Passed my medical guys thanfully got the call this morning,they said I'm going to get letter some time next week with details of my induction which will be in basingstoke station lol so excited!

Good job fella! I'll be joining you soon hopefully ;).

rriley27

Yeah I second that, because they didn't call me after 48h so I ended up calling them and then they told me I'd passed!

Although yours is for a drivers position? A bit more significant than my lowly Gateline role! ;)

That beneath you is it?

greaz

Thanks guys, hopefully I will be seeing you all in the train job sectors soon :D
Its wednesday and my induction letter not come yet, they said I should get it this week, should I phone up or wait until friday?

As good as passed my medical today, just got to wait for my urine sample to come back clear then I'm good to go. Mine only lasted 10 minutes ....

The nurse only measured my height, weight and blood pressure, then asked me to wee in a pot .... :D

greaz

As good as passed my medical today, just got to wait for my urine sample to come back clear then I'm good to go. Mine only lasted 10 minutes ....

The nurse only measured my height, weight and blood pressure, then asked me to wee in a pot .... :D
Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.