• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Giant Subaru pop up adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
a quick one - is anyone else seeing a giant full screen Subaru pop up advert on logging on?

I have chrome based ad blokers running but it seems to have happened almost every time i log in today

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tony_mac

Established Member
I haven't seen it.

I also exclude railforums from my ad-blocker.
1) The ads are quite unobtrusive
2) They need the money!

mbreckers

Whats with the full screen adverts on the forum when viewing in mobile or a tablet?

Its rather annoying, the close box is tiny compared to the rest

dgl

Established Member
Yep, had it on my W10 laptop this morning. Been using tapatalk since so don't know if they are still point up.

Gutfright

I don't have an ad blocker. I've seen the Subaru ad once yesterday, and never since. I stay automatically logged in to Railforums and don't log in each time I visit.

Lrd

Established Member
Yep, got it on my tablet a few times last night.

Clip

Established Member
Nope not me. However are they from AdChoices with a little green triangle in the corner? If so click on that and then click on 'Ad covers screen'.

sometimes theyre not quite formatted correctly but letting them know this sorts it out from their end.

Using win10 Chrome with ABP and I never get anything like this ;) I blame your football team.

Lrd

Established Member
Just had a massive one from The Living Wage with no little green triangle in the corner, only an X.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We're aware & on the case - seems to be caused by one of our third party ad suppliers

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
I view the site on the standard version on my mobile with no pop-ups ever.
I don't have adblock, but I'm considering it for the local news site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Indeed! Incidentally I can't recreate the issue on my phone, which was popping up a large format ad seemingly every other page earlier today, so I'm going to cautiously say this is likely resolved. (though would be nice for them to reply to confirm for certain...)

mbreckers

I just got a fullscreen VIDEO of a dog pulling a man on a bloody couch. I can see the advert and dont really know what is advertising

8p9kLh7.jpg

Image fullscreen cause im seeing it fullscreen

headshot119

Established Member
Still getting them now.

Adblocker turned back on, and I don't think I'm going to turn it off again this time!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I had the Achieve Lazy one last night and the Subaru one 24 hours earlier even with Adblocker on.

If the next one to pop up like this is a dangerous one and gives me any kind of virus, my solicitor will be in touch with the host and provider at the first opportunity.

Clip

Established Member

Theyre advertising pulled pork! Ive never understood the reasoning for advertising it.

Also given the last round of forum ad issues Im struggling to understand why you lot still dont use adblockplus.

Steveman

I'm now getting continuous full page HM Govt. adverts for the living wage.

Last edited:

Railops

I only joined recently but these adverts are making me think I've made a mistake.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I can't recreate the issue now (I could yesterday) - could the next person to see these do me a favour? Basically, when you close it, does a 'normal' banner ad appear on the page? Thanks!

Clip

Established Member
I only joined recently but these adverts are making me think I've made a mistake.

No its not they just are having issues with the sponsored ads(again). Its normally a safe forum

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I can't recreate the issue now (I could yesterday) - could the next person to see these do me a favour? Basically, when you close it, does a 'normal' banner ad appear on the page? Thanks!

Wasn't for me yesterday Mike, nothing where the banner would be. Not seen it today.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member

It just happened to me, twice.

The Subaru advert appeared full page, with an X in the corner. Clicking on the X made it go away. It didn't go into a banner advert. I'm on a PC with Google Chrome.

The banner advert at the top was showing an advert for SAS Scandinavian Airways, and was displaying underneath the full page ad for Subaru.

I use AdBlock but have railforums on the safe list so the website can get income. I hope the full page ads don't continue, as I'll have to take it back off the safe list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.