• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
I am going on the 10.15am from York to Sunderland tomorrow(Saturday) but what i wanted to know is 2 weeks ago on the sat i travelled on the same train but it lefted at 10am so why do they changed the times leaving from York?

It seems like there is a new time each weekend.

They were going to Cambridge some weekends due to work on the ECML, maybe that was the reason?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DannyBoy

any news on 43067? I heard it failed yesterday at York with serious problems

It failed?!

I saw it leave Sunderland just fine at 1230. It arrived at 1225 though (not 1150 :lol:), and it just came in, and went straight back out again.

I must say it was a great sight seeing it leave Sunderland for the first time yesterday! Who was driving lads?

Dan

It failed?!

I saw it leave Sunderland just fine at 1230. It arrived at 1225 though (not 1150 :lol:), and it just came in, and went straight back out again.

I must say it was a great sight seeing it leave Sunderland for the first time yesterday! Who was driving lads?

Dan

I was on it and yes we didnt get into Sunderland till 12.25pm as we had to wait outside Sunderland for a platform but it was all ready 25 late from York.

They said on board that the 1st 2 seating units had oil all over them from the power unit!!!!

martyn29

I think he meant he doesnt know anything about 43067.. Has anyone else seen it in their travels since saturday?

Royston Vasey

Established Member
I think he meant he doesnt know anything about 43067.. Has anyone else seen it in their travels since saturday?

I read it as reply to devon_metro. A seating unit can only mean a coach - how would oil enter the coach and coat precisely 2 sets of 6 seats??

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
One of GCs diagrams was on one power car today, currently on the 1820 KGX-SUN, doing 100mph on the incline toward Stoke summit. The noise from the front is immense, and the lack of TGS is a bonus. Hellfire!

SqUaShIe P

What is up with GC?
every time ive looked at the RTPPM, they have had like 25%, except for one time I looked, they had 50%
am i just checking it on GCs bad days or are they always that bad?

GNERman

Established Member
What is up with GC?
every time ive looked at the RTPPM, they have had like 25%, except for one time I looked, they had 50%
am i just checking it on GCs bad days or are they always that bad?

no they're not always bad
they're a good company who has or is having problems with their rolling stock...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Assuming they don't catch on fire...:lol:;)

It is dreadful for GC, I hope whatever's gone wrong majorly is fixed pronto. It does seem everything is out to cause setbacks for them, but they did have a rather long spell with virtually everything going to plan which is good.

Flyboy

....Should the 180s resolve that issue for them then?

The 180s currently under test are for the new Bradford services commencing in December 2009 and not at this stage to provide technical backup for any failed Sunderland services, so in short it won't resolve their current problems. It's unfortunate as I know how much IY cares, the Company deserves to prosper.

andylloyd

Either way up until the recent/current issues the HST sets have been performing fault free ;) They have sounded rather good at that too ;)
I'm sure the GC team will get the issues fixed as a matter of urgency so these fine beasts can roam the ECML & Durham Coast again ;)

1D53

Established Member
GC's powercars have been very reliable until recently. Today they seem to be running the old contingency timetable which is 1A60/1N26 to York/1A62 from York/1N28 with 1N25/1A63 CAPED.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Gen floating about on HSTgen is that 57005 is to drag 43065 and 068 with some trailer to EC tonight. So it must have been some pretty major problem with both of them...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.