• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
One apparently failed at Sunderland this morning, blocking the lines. Metro service reduced to one every 25 minutes to South Hylton as a result.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The 1230 DID run and is hauled by 43468 (thank the lord!)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
now run into dense fog bank just north of Retford - total white out - train reduced to a crawl! I think someone is trying to tell me something!

Are GC still running regular diagrams or is everything up in the air with the MTU programme? Need to travel down to Cheshunt next week (and the week after, and probably every week in January), and GC seems like the obvious mode of transport.

Last I remember it was an HST on the up early run from Sunderland, a 180 on the 1650 down and HST on the 1918 down. Still the case?

Established Member
Not being changed due to the MTU'ing but more than likely will still be affected by the snow to some extent.

OMGitsDAVE

Things seem to be going quiet well so far.
Last nights 17:06 (N-bound) at Hartlepool was absolutely jammed and a few hundred must have got off at Hartlepool. I was an ambassador and there were quite a few confused faces by the 'No northbound on the morning' service which operated.

The first northbound actually arrived at Hartlepool 17:06, so no morning services had ran, only 3 Southbound.

Confusing, but pretty well used!

4SRKT

Established Member
Are GC still running regular diagrams or is everything up in the air with the MTU programme? Need to travel down to Cheshunt next week (and the week after, and probably every week in January), and GC seems like the obvious mode of transport.

Last I remember it was an HST on the up early run from Sunderland, a 180 on the 1650 down and HST on the 1918 down. Still the case?

Last time I went (May) it was the other way around on the evening downs. The 16:50 has been an HST turn for ages now.

wensley

Established Member
In an ideal world the 0641, 1230 and 1730 ex-Sunderland and the 0804, 1127 and 1650 services ex-London would be HSTs. Obviously this is not always possible with sets being out of traffic for any number of reasons. A 180 has been working one of these diagrams this week.

1A61 (0918 SUN-KGX) and 1N29 (1918 KGX-SUN) are always 180s due to the fact that the set will either start or end its day on a Bradford turn.

Overal things seem to have been pretty quiet today with no significant disruption. Fingers crossed the good loadings last after the festive break!

Was on 1A61 today boarded it at Eaglescliffe, 180101 was the traction in use loads got on at every station the only niggle was the errant aircon unit in coach F which was on the loud side (probably something jammed in it vibrating) arrived on time asper usual with the odd signal check into KGX. So things are looking good for the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.