• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia are recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR_P

I second that, Even if I'm not successful this time I'm gonna work on the parts of my CV I think are my weaknesses so when the next opportunities come up my application will be even stronger.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
If it helps I applied for the position at Chingford and have not heard anything either. I have since found employment with another TOC (not driving unfortunately).

Pezza

The 'Dots' and MT4.1

Been practicing GB now with the free download software for 5 days in preparation for the assessment day this Wednesday. Constantly getting 9 or 10 rows completed now with around 4 -5 omitted across the 5 sheets in total, none marked incorrectly. Anyone have any feeling if this is a level required for a pass. I know from searching the forums it's been said 8 rows is okay but not sure on the error rate. Also if done on computer do they allow you to choose the colour of the background/dots like in the software, I seem to be better with the black dots on the light grey background.

Anyone been to the Stratford Greater Anglia test centre that can confirm if the GB test is computer or paper?

Also been studying how2become, Barrons Mechanical aptitude book and the testing series books for the mechanical comprehension test but I read now they are more based on MT4.2 and the Greater Anglia practice guide states it will be MT4/MT4.1. I've searched for study material on this but cannot see anything so far.... any suggestions?

Mark7081

Hi all,

I specified Cambridge as my preferred and have not heard anything either way.

To be honest I was beginning to think I had failed the paper sift after reading on here that the assesment day was so close, but after then reading there usually is at least a "sorry you havn't been considered" email or letter I am now happy to wait :D

By the way, thanks to everybody on here for their comments and info (across the board not just this jobs section) which i have found very interesting and useful. I have been a invisible guest for a while now and as it seems such a friendly place I thought I should "show" my face and make a contribution where I can.

Alan1310

i applied for cambridge but no response yet it sounds depot by depot i am aware that cambridge is 8 drivers down so i think they will need a whole day to themselves so fingers crossed and good luck all

Hammerdave

I've applied for Cambridge not heard anything yet. I've got a bad feeling that's it otherwise we would of heard of other dates by now. I hope iam wrong.

Class_317

Don't be so defeatist lads and laddettes... I got an invite this morning. I never once let my head go down, and I wish you all the best of luck. But you need to stay positive otherwise your nerves will be shot by the time you hear something.

MR_P

Don't be so defeatist lads and laddettes... I got an invite this morning. I never once let my head go down, and I wish you all the best of luck. But you need to stay positive otherwise your nerves will be shot by the time you hear something.

Well done! What date have you got for the tests?

Class_317

Well done! What date have you got for the tests?
Thank you so much. I wish you all the best and to everyone else that applied also. If any of us are good enough the process will weed the suitable ones out... Be it at application stage or assesment stage.

My date is Friday 11th of May in Stratford. I also received some example test papers and directions.

shirleyd286

Does anyone have a contact number for GA recruitment? If so would they be so kind as to PM me? Working away from home so If I am lucky enough to have a pack I aint gonna see it till next week <(

Gareth43

Does anyone have a contact number for GA recruitment? If so would they be so kind as to PM me? Working away from home so If I am lucky enough to have a pack I aint gonna see it till next week <(

Oh that's gutting you could have a pack and not even know ;)

david_VI

Quite worried, always things out of my control mess things up... Letter says you need to take ID (passport) and your NI number. I lost my wallet recently and have no NI card but know the number, applied to get the number on a letter when I sent off the application for the job but haven't got anything yet.. So phoned HM rev and customs today asking for it again. 7-10 working days wait for it.

I don't have any payslips with the number on, but do have student finance letters with it on..

Any idea if that will be okay? Letter claims without proof of NI and passport you will not be able to take the assessments.

May have to give them a ring I suppose!
David

shirleyd286

I would suggest you give them a ring. Student finance letters may be OK but be absolutely sure. Do you not have your P60? You should have one for last years tax from the last employer you had/have, they are legally obliged to give you one. Hope it all works out!

reapz

Quite worried, always things out of my control mess things up... Letter says you need to take ID (passport) and your NI number. I lost my wallet recently and have no NI card but know the number, applied to get the number on a letter when I sent off the application for the job but haven't got anything yet.. So phoned HM rev and customs today asking for it again. 7-10 working days wait for it.

I don't have any payslips with the number on, but do have student finance letters with it on..

Any idea if that will be okay? Letter claims without proof of NI and passport you will not be able to take the assessments.

May have to give them a ring I suppose!
David

The most important thing here is not to stress out before your tests as you will fail.

I belive as long as you have photo I.D that matches any documents with your N.I you should be fine.

Once again dont worry , ring them and dont stress!!!!!!!

david_VI

Well i've never had a 'real' job, been in full time education. I phoned up and seems any letter with it on is okay, just hope that's correct, i'm always worrying!

Turns out my student finance letters don't have it on, but I found a bank letter from 2005!! with it on.

Really grrr's me how you can't get replacement NI cards anymore and further Grr's me how Greater Anglia couldn't be clearer on the letter.

reapz

Well i've never had a 'real' job, been in full time education. I phoned up and seems any letter with it on is okay, just hope that's correct, i'm always worrying!

Turns out my student finance letters don't have it on, but I found a bank letter from 2005!! with it on.

Really grrr's me how you can't get replacement NI cards anymore and further Grr's me how Greater Anglia couldn't be clearer on the letter.

Thats our tight goverment , they think people dont need them and i qoute

"People only need there N.I number , so if they lose there card its not really important"

Really really out of touch

Status
Not open for further replies.