• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia are recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

david_VI

I didn't do anything on the phone when I went :/ how strange...

Oh no was the pc still broken so you couldn't do the reaction test?

I found out straight away after doing the reaction test that I'd passed but guess that's because i did all the test in that 1 day. Hope you don't have to wait long.

The phone test was automated and to check you can speak english from what I could tell.

I'm alright with the reaction test being another day, I get a rest and more preparation! I doubt they would stick the interview on same day as reaction test ? Aaah!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ellieharris04

I wouldn't of thought they'd be on the same day lol depends how quickly they fix the pc, hopefully won't be too long!

Only a couple days till my interview, getting more nervous everyday lol

MR_P

The phone test was automated and to check you can speak english from what I could tell.

I'm alright with the reaction test being another day, I get a rest and more preparation! I doubt they would stick the interview on same day as reaction test ? Aaah!

Don't suppose any of the invigilators mentioned that they would be doing more test days in the near future?

david_VI

Who were you David? I was the one in the red shirt who looked about 12!

The tall lankyish guy, I probably looked as young as you, but i'm 25. I believe I was next to you for the fault finding or the dots, or both :\.

Oh I was the guy who didn't have enough rest HA. (I was being honest, I thought it was just a survey! :oops:)

richmcveigh

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forums - hello! :)

I applied for this job towards the end of March about 10 days before the closing date, and didn't specifically specify which depot I would like - I wrote down all three.

I haven't heard anything from them, not even a rejection letter. Should I assume that I wasn't successful in the initial sifting stage, or should I give them a call?

Many thanks,

Richard

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
The tall lankyish guy, I probably looked as young as you, but i'm 25. I believe I was next to you for the fault finding or the dots, or both :\.

Oh I was the guy who didn't have enough rest HA. (I was being honest, I thought it was just a survey! :oops:)

Ah, I did give the guy to my right a bit of a "is he for real?" look over that :P

Stay in touch over interview dates! I can't believe so many of our group got through

david_VI

Ah, I did give the guy to my right a bit of a "is he for real?" look over that :P

Stay in touch over interview dates! I can't believe so many of our group got through

I did feel a bit stupid. But was a bit stressed after only just getting there in time due to delayed trains! I managed to get through the day fine though!

Class_317

I did feel a bit stupid. But was a bit stressed after only just getting there in time due to delayed trains! I managed to get through the day fine though!

You were lucky 3 people got turned away at the door for being late on the day I went for my assessment.

I remember feeling sorry for them but then I realised that I caught a train that was going to put me in Stratford and hour before the start time for that exact reason. Being late at the recruitment stage is a no no.

jasont

hi all

Its funny reading all your posts. I did my assessment last January and my interviews in march. I will be on the course which starts on the 16th july.

good luck to you all, its a long slow process

Ellieharris04

hi all

Its funny reading all your posts. I did my assessment last January and my interviews in march. I will be on the course which starts on the 16th july.

good luck to you all, its a long slow process

Aww well done to you :D

Wow July...wouldn't it be nice passing my interview tomorrow n then the manager one and starting in a couple months, be amazing.

Im All prepared for tomorrow, keep going over the questions and my answers so fingers crossed. Good luck to others having their interview tomorrow too :D

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Aww well done to you :D

Wow July...wouldn't it be nice passing my interview tomorrow n then the manager one and starting in a couple months, be amazing.

Im All prepared for tomorrow, keep going over the questions and my answers so fingers crossed. Good luck to others having their interview tomorrow too :D

I'm not allowed to start a course until December (due to my age) which would actually work quite nicely, giving me a few months to relocate before beginning training.

david_VI

I would need to relocate also. I hear they are put off people who say that as often people don't bother. I hope this doesn't affect me as I would actually be up for it! Aaah! Also I don't drive, but would move close enough to cycle.. I just worry that it would put me below others.. !

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
I would need to relocate also. I hear they are put off people who say that as often people don't bother. I hope this doesn't affect me as I would actually be up for it! Aaah! Also I don't drive, but would move close enough to cycle.. I just worry that it would put me below others.. !

Where do you live now David? I live in Liverpool, so I'd have no choice but to move. The "can't be bothered" option isn't really viable.

david_VI

Where do you live now David? I live in Liverpool, so I'd have no choice but to move. The "can't be bothered" option isn't really viable.

Colchester so still in the Greater Anglia network and not far at all. You must have to get up quite early for the assessment days! Make sure you get enough rest :lol:

David

Botswana

Woman's intuition...i just know..l wouldn't of even passed myself.

Hey. Don't be too hard on yourself. I may be the guy who went in before you and then came out telling you how testing it is. Let's see how it goes and I hope you make it.

david_VI

Cmon, I think the women have a better chance than us guys? :p

Do you really think you did badly? Was it the whole thing or did you mess up somewhere?

Pezza

Well today didn't go too well for me, gut feeling, find out officially tomorrow. Feel totally gutted and angry with myself.

Hi Ellie, Sorry you think it didn't go well, hope it does works out for you though. How though do you know you'll be finding out tomorrow? I had my structured interview on Wednesday and I just feel I did a terrible job and didn't do myself justice after a week of practice for it. I am just absolutely gutted (understatement). I thought they indicated the result would be passed to HR and then they will write to me which suggested it will be at least a week before I heard anything.

david_VI

Does anyone think they did well in a structured interview though?

I feel I have good enough examples for most the questions, but I suppose it more depends on how you put yourself across not just how good the responses are.

Botswana

Does anyone think they did well in a structured interview though?

I feel I have good enough examples for most the questions, but I suppose it more depends on how you put yourself across not just how good the responses are.

It's a helluva of a test. I think it is difficult for anyone to come out afterwards feeling brimming with confidence such is the intense level of questioning and detail required. Had mine today and I really couldn't say if I've done enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.