• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia are recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellieharris04

Hey. Don't be too hard on yourself. I may be the guy who went in before you and then came out telling you how testing it is. Let's see how it goes and I hope you make it.

You seemed like you did good, you was in there for like an 1 hour 30mins lol really hope you get it :)

Pezza: While I was waiting for my turn, the lady from hr Claire came over and took my number and said she would ring me today but also I'd get a letter after a week.

It's not that I messed the whole thing up, as I was speaking I could tell my answers weren't good enough and it's purely due to my age, only 21 and my experiences with emergencies and procedures aren't brilliant, there just basic.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

david_VI

It scares me the most and I know its meant to be hard, but surely if the examples you use are real you can go into every detail? I thought a bit of why they grill you over things is to check you're not making it up?

I don't really have many experiences to use due to being young and not really working a proper full time job for long, mainly voluntary work but I feel I have some good situations that could be used if I can explain them well.

Pardon my lack of knowing! I've never had a structured interview before except one when I applied for station staff and they said that was a rather informal one! It wasn't bad but I had no time to prepare because didn't know there would be one!

Scotsman87

I also had my structured interview yesterday and felt it was very intense, with a lot of questions. Did anyone else get asked to provide other examples to situations? Just hope I said enough to get me through.

Scotsman87

I just had a phone call... I passed the Structured Interview :), just have to wait for the date of my managers interview. I am happy as I didn't feel as if I had done enough, fingers crossed for those still waiting to hear!!

ChristheRef: Only tells you to work through the examples in the booklet you were given in the assessment pack.

david_VI

Got examples in my pack.

How does the managers interview differ to the structured? Is it more about the actual work?

Ellieharris04

I just had a phone call... I passed the Structured Interview :), just have to wait for the date of my managers interview. I am happy as I didn't feel as if I had done enough, fingers crossed for those still waiting to hear!!

ChristheRef: Only tells you to work through the examples in the booklet you were given in the assessment pack.

Aww well done :)

I was due to have a phone call today to say whether I got through or not but nothing yet so im taking that as a no really.

bezzer

Got examples in my pack.

How does the managers interview differ to the structured? Is it more about the actual work?

The structured interview basically looks at your behaviur and how you have reacted to situations in the past will indicate how you would indicate to similar situtations in the future.

The driver manager's interview will be about you as a person and whether you will fit into Greater Anglia. They will ask about your personal skills, your attitude, when it was NX they went throught asking questions about the core values (those in big letters above the noticeboard in the breakout at Stratford). You will still need to give examples of things but it is more about you. It is quite difficult to prepare for but it is very relaxed. the managers are very good and put you at your ease. You can have a bit of a laugh and show you have character!! It willlast for about an hour slightly more of you have chatty characters.

Good Luck.

david_VI

The structured interview basically looks at your behaviur and how you have reacted to situations in the past will indicate how you would indicate to similar situtations in the future.

The driver manager's interview will be about you as a person and whether you will fit into Greater Anglia. They will ask about your personal skills, your attitude, when it was NX they went throught asking questions about the core values (those in big letters above the noticeboard in the breakout at Stratford). You will still need to give examples of things but it is more about you. It is quite difficult to prepare for but it is very relaxed. the managers are very good and put you at your ease. You can have a bit of a laugh and show you have character!! It willlast for about an hour slightly more of you have chatty characters.

Good Luck.

Ah doesn't sound too bad! Its kinda what my previous interview was like as it was rather informal. I assume the structured ones are quite formal then!

Anyone have any idea how many they let through the structured interviews? Or is it as much as they seem fit as the managers interview will filter it further?

reapz

If you passed the structured interview the managers interveiw is easy they are more intrested in you as a person at the managers interveiw.

And trust me being 21 and a women will do you no harm what so ever

Scotsman87

Aww well done :)

I was due to have a phone call today to say whether I got through or not but nothing yet so im taking that as a no really.

Well hopefully you will hear something very soon, I'm sure you have done fine.
Just want to say good luck to all those still waiting to hear back!

Botswana

Did anyone else receive a phone call today from them regarding their structured interview?

I had a missed call around 3pm. I called back and left a message, but didn't hear back. Hopefully a good sign that I was given a call. Will have to wait for the letter to arrive to know for sure. Well done on your success.

Ellieharris04

I had a missed call around 3pm. I called back and left a message, but didn't hear back. Hopefully a good sign that I was given a call. Will have to wait for the letter to arrive to know for sure. Well done on your success.

Fingers crossed it's the answer u want. I'll just be waiting for the letter now I reckon.

Pezza

Did anyone else receive a phone call today from them regarding their structured interview?

Yes I did and I passed!! :D amazing, sooo happy. I was really shocked as was convinced I hadn't passed. I thought it was really good of them to phone the confirmation though.

She said it would be a local Interview next and then asked for confirmation of the depot I applied for, I presume that then means the managers interview will be at the applied for depot, anyone know?

Ellieharris04

Yes I did and I passed!! :D amazing, sooo happy. I was really shocked as was convinced I hadn't passed. I thought it was really good of them to phone the confirmation though.

She said it would be a local Interview next and then asked for confirmation of the depot I applied for, I presume that then means the managers interview will be at the applied for depot, anyone know?

Congrats, pleased for you :)

Guess she forgot to ring me lol would be nice to know some feedback anyway.

Scotsman87

Well done mate :). I thought the same, I found the interview very difficult. I believe the whole stage is the managers interview, I could be wrong. What depot have you gone for?

Pezza

Congrats, pleased for you :)

Guess she forgot to ring me lol would be nice to know some feedback anyway.

Thanks Ellie, hope you get the news you want. You know though that if it hasn't worked out this time that you can pass the assessments. You've done the tests and now you know the questioning in the structured interview.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What depot have you gone for?

Thanks Scotsman, I applied for Bishops Stortford but said Chingford is my 2nd choice but I'd also be happy with Cambridge if that was the only option. I'll be relocating for any of them. I wonder though if we now get defined into a specific depot for the managers interview and then that is the only one we get considered for.

How about you?

Scotsman87

Thanks Ellie, hope you get the news you want. You know though that if it hasn't worked out this time that you can pass the assessments. You've done the tests and now you know the questioning in the structured interview.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Thanks Scotsman, I applied for Bishops Stortford but said Chingford is my 2nd choice but I'd also be happy with Cambridge if that was the only option. I'll be relocating for any of them. I wonder though if we now get defined into a specific depot for the managers interview and then that is the only one we get considered for.

How about you?

I have also gone for Bishops Stortford, but would consider either depot if I was to be successful. Im not too sure how it will work, will look out for the letter in the post. I to will be relocating for the role.

Paul.S

Hi all, thought i would join the site and add my congratulations to those that have got through so far and comiserations to those that havent...

I attended the assessments on 10th May and passed the tests. However we didnt do the reactions do to a broken machine. Im still waiting to hear when my reaction test and structured interview will be. Has anyone else that attended that day or week heard anything yet? Hope they havent forgotten about me...

Also who else is applying for Norwich Depot Driver?

david_VI

Hi all, thought i would join the site and add my congratulations to those that have got through so far and comiserations to those that havent...

I attended the assessments on 10th May and passed the tests. However we didnt do the reactions do to a broken machine. Im still waiting to hear when my reaction test and structured interview will be. Has anyone else that attended that day or week heard anything yet? Hope they havent forgotten about me...

Also who else is applying for Norwich Depot Driver?

Was still out of action on the 14th, so most of us from then are waiting too!

Ellieharris04

Yeah, i knew the interview was what id struggle on so Ill need to try and get some more experience before i try again after 6 months, maybe ill try and move around in the company see if that helps.

If i stay in GA and try and second time within 2 years, would i have to do the assessments again or do i just go straight to the structured interview stage?

GadgetMan

Yeah, i knew the interview was what id struggle on so Ill need to try and get some more experience before i try again after 6 months, maybe ill try and move around in the company see if that helps.

If i stay in GA and try and second time within 2 years, would i have to do the assessments again or do i just go straight to the structured interview stage?

I believe you just retake the part(s) you fail on.

david_VI

It's all a bit unclear because I was under the impression the structured interview was part of the assessments so if you fail that it counts. But I was told by someone else it isn't and aslong as you've passed the tests you can go straight back in to the structured interview stage next time.
Does anyone know for sure?

reapz

It's all a bit unclear because I was under the impression the structured interview was part of the assessments so if you fail that it counts. But I was told by someone else it isn't and aslong as you've passed the tests you can go straight back in to the structured interview stage next time.
Does anyone know for sure?

If you fail the interveiw part of the assesment you fail the whole thing and it counts as one try,

However some companys only require you to resit the bits you failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.