• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Liveries Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchester77

Established Member
Hopefully when 2016 comes along most of the Greater Anglia fleet will be in the white livery with either red or blue doors.

Yay that buffet car looks good in GA livery, it'll be nice to see uniformity.

Do we think the 90s and DVTs will join the coaches and be painted into GA red?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ash39

Established Member
A white 90 would look good. Needs something to set it off though otherwise it'll just look like undercoat!

SprinterMan

Established Member
Locos & stock will be painted starting later this year. Exact livery being finalised.

That is excellent news!

I do hope they get this livery:
JLzi8.png

Thanks for this, I hope for one that the existing stock is refurbished.

Adam :D

387star

On Moderation
brilliant news! they must be LOVING the franchis extension what a chance to prove themselves

oliMw

Personally I would like to see the MK3 and Class 90's refurbished to chiltern quality instead of new Class 444 trains, or equivalent.

Last edited:

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Presumably "childern" was a phone autocorrect for "Chiltern"?
I'd like to see them done to a high standard as well- but the problem right now is that it means having to weite into the franchise specification for the next competion that the franchisee will take on the financial burden.
I'd also suggest that all the sets be formed identically at nine carriages...

oliMw

Another thought, when were Greater Anglia's mk3's last refurbished, it cannot be since they left the WCML?

Manchester77

Established Member
I think when ONE inherited them I think they might have put new seat covers on but then again, it might have been Virgin..?

Sleepy

Established Member
<( Yes it was Nx/ One that did the cheap & nasty job and introduced TSOB conversions - the Mk 3 stock looks very threadbare now (being polite):oops:

SprinterMan

Established Member
I think when ONE inherited them I think they might have put new seat covers on but then again, it might have been Virgin..?
<( Yes it was Nx/ One that did the cheap & nasty job and introduced TSOB conversions - the Mk 3 stock looks very threadbare now (being polite):oops:

Correct :P

ONE "refreshed" the Mark 3s when they first arrived, which consisted of an external repaint, new seat covers, and some miner mechanical mods to undo the damage VT's lack of maintenance had done. That was it. A GA Mark 3 is as damn near as original as you can get to BR coaches.

TheEdge

Established Member
It is the disabled area. There are actually two on that table. Some of the TSOs also have 4 of them (the HC ones I believe). I think they are meant to be better for the less mobile but I've not noticed people using them specifically over any other seats.

SprinterMan

Established Member
There's a picture of a first class GA with a 377 style seat. Why is this there?!

Picture - http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2872065

Is that a wheelchair space by any chance with no seat on the other side of the table?

This is correct, that is a wheelchair space. Althoth with that being said, ONE dotted 376 seats at the ends of several 1st and standard class carriages to increase seating capacity, and IC70 seats wouldn't fit so they used the cheapest thinnest seat that would fit. Depressing really.

oliMw

When arriving into Norwich Yesterday around 15:30 an EMT Class 158 passed the train from Sheringham on the way to Gt. Yarmouth/Lowestoft. Are stock shortages really that bad?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
When arriving into Norwich Yesterday around 15:30 an EMT Class 158 passed the train from Sheringham on the way to Gt. Yarmouth/Lowestoft. Are stock shortages really that bad?

There is a booked morning service to Lowestoft and a booked evening service to Great Yarmouth operated by EMT 158s with Greater Anglia (Norwich top link AFAIAA) crew.. there was also a dubious 158 working to Sheringham yesterday. I'm not sure of the circumstances around this.

TP

ash39

Established Member
That is excellent news!

I do hope they get this livery:
JLzi8.png

Thanks for this, I hope for one that the existing stock is refurbished.

I'm not a fan - works on coaching stock but they'd have to have a think about how to do the loco and DVT as it doesn't work for me...

27688863.jpg

oliMw

There is a booked morning service to Lowestoft and a booked evening service to Great Yarmouth operated by EMT 158s with Greater Anglia (Norwich top link AFAIAA) crew.. there was also a dubious 158 working to Sheringham yesterday. I'm not sure of the circumstances around this.

That sounds about right

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I'm not a fan - works on coaching stock but they'd have to have a think about how to do the loco and DVT as it doesn't work for me...
Nice work. Also, actually, I quite like that. But do you have an idea for how the 90 and DVT could look instead?

ash39

Established Member
It's not my forté to be honest, its a bit rough round the edges hence the small size ! I may have a go at my own version later in the week if i have some spare time.

TheEdge

Established Member
There are two booked EMT 158 workings but they are not specifically top link jobs. The 158 to Sheringham was very rare. T&T 47s are returning as of today, doesn't necessarily mean they are running today though!

Established Member
For those interested, the full diagram for the EMT 158 is:

05:36 Norwich - Lowestoft
06:35 Lowestoft - Norwich
07:57 Norwich - Liverpool Lime Street
13:52 Liverpool Lime Street - Norwich
19:33 Norwich - Great Yarmouth
20:17 Great Yarmouth - Norwich

oliMw

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/trains_cancelled_between_norwich_and_great_yarmouth_1_2007671

Train services between Norwich and Great Yarmouth have been disrupted this morning

The Great Yarmouth to Norwich services scheduled for 7.32am and 8.47am, and the Norwich to Great Yarmouth trains at 6.50am and 8.09am have all been cancelled.

The 6.41am Lowestoft to Ipswich service was also cancelled.

Operator Greater Anglia said the cancellations were due to a “shortage of serviceable rolling stock”.

Looks like the stock shortages have become so severe that trains are now being cancelled due to 'shortages of serviceable stock'

SprinterMan

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.