• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Group Bourdon Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Okay so on my second practice attempt at this awful test I got:

Sheet 1 - 11 rows, 5 omissions
Sheet 2 - 10 rows, 1 omission
Sheet 3 - 11 rows, 4 omissions
Sheet 4 - 11 rows, 1 omission
Sheet 5 - 10 rows, 3 omissions

If I can get omissions to 3 or less per sheet am I getting there..??!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KPS26

The Group Bourdon Tool link is not working at all, here is the file all scanned as at 31/10/2017 via online virus scanners ..all clear! Credits Chris Gresham

Enjoy
I just tried to download this,but it won't let me

pompeyfan

Established Member
Okay so on my second practice attempt at this awful test I got:

Sheet 1 - 11 rows, 5 omissions
Sheet 2 - 10 rows, 1 omission
Sheet 3 - 11 rows, 4 omissions
Sheet 4 - 11 rows, 1 omission
Sheet 5 - 10 rows, 3 omissions

If I can get omissions to 3 or less per sheet am I getting there..??!

Absolutely not, you need 0 omissions really. I’m sure there is some sort of tolerance but you should be aiming for 100% accuracy, try slowing down. 8 or 9 correct lines will see you through.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Okay, here's practice no. 3:

Sheet 1 - 10 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 2 - 9 rows, 2 omissions
Sheet 3 - 10 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 4 - 10 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 5 - 9 rows, 0 omissions

So just a couple to really try and iron out!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Aaargh this is so frustrating! Today's attempt:

Sheet 1 - 9 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 2 - 10 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 3 - 9 rows, 2 omissions
Sheet 5 - 10 rows, 0 omissions

2 bloody omissions again, and its not even like they're on the last page when you might expect to be losing concentration!!!

Pete C

Haha, I'm having very similar results to you Martin, think it's normal. On my 5th attempt I'm down to 2 omissions on the second sheet only and 10/11 rows per sheet.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Woohoo I just got my first zero omissions! Getting 9 lines on every sheet, I am very happy with that - I just need to be able to sustain it now!!! :-/

Diff

Hi, is anyone here good with computers? Got a new laptop today and tried to install this Group Bourdon tool, but after installing correctly it won't open. This is a screenshot:
4tpu9c.jpg

Also came up once with the same error message but with "File Code 1450" too at one point. Tried uninstalling and installing again and still happens.
I've Googled it and tried disabling antivirus and tried checking/scanning the disk. I have installed it correctly, the same way I have installed it on my PC, but that is Win7, this is Win10. Works faultlessly on my PC.

Cheers :)

Diff

Hi, is anyone here good with computers? Got a new laptop today and tried to install this Group Bourdon tool, but after installing correctly it won't open. This is a screenshot:
4tpu9c.jpg

Also came up once with the same error message but with "File Code 1450" too at one point. Tried uninstalling and installing again and still happens.
I've Googled it and tried disabling antivirus and tried checking/scanning the disk. I have installed it correctly, the same way I have installed it on my PC, but that is Win7, this is Win10. Works faultlessly on my PC.

4tpu9c.jpg

A little bit of a long shot but try right clicking the icon and selecting 'Run as administrator

Diff

A little bit of a long shot but try right clicking the icon and selecting 'Run as administrator

Cheers, that opened it :) Although it brings up an antivirus message, it must've been that after all then even though I turned it off and tried.

raxjcp.jpg

I selected restart later, hopefully it keeps the file and doesnt just keep deleting it automatically thinking it's a virus...

Tony43

Aaargh this is so frustrating! Today's attempt:

Sheet 1 - 9 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 2 - 10 rows, 0 omissions
Sheet 3 - 9 rows, 2 omissions
Sheet 5 - 10 rows, 0 omissions

2 bloody omissions again, and its not even like they're on the last page when you might expect to be losing concentration!!!
That should be a pass I was getting 10 to 11 rows maybe one omission and passed enhanced. ps its easier on paper

richardjeeves

I have also found it easier on paper. I tried using it on my laptop and found that my wrist was really starting to hurt after a few sheets. I am practicing the SCAAT version for an upcoming assessment. I think it will really help.

Apex

Great tool, thanks for the link! Was also wondering whether somebody would know, but in the exam does the GBT always stay at 4 dots or does it change between 3 and 5 depending on what sheet? Likewise with the SCAAT test, does the GBT also include the first of every line, as you progress further through the sheets as this doesnt appear to be in the tool. Would like to know what to practice. Manys Thanks :D

Pete C

Great tool, thanks for the link! Was also wondering whether somebody would know, but in the exam does the GBT always stay at 4 dots or does it change between 3 and 5 depending on what sheet? Likewise with the SCAAT test, does the GBT also include the first of every line, as you progress further through the sheets as this doesnt appear to be in the tool. Would like to know what to practice. Manys Thanks :D

If they change it to 3 or 5 dots then I think we're all f**ked :lol:

Established Member
If they change it to 3 or 5 dots then I think we're all f**ked :lol:

Agree with Cyclist... This always has been, and still is 4 dots. I assume the confusion may be down to the shapes test (Scaat) which for me, is a little harder. Some consider Scaat easier as it has more variety, but each to their own. By the end of the test - all you can see is dots :o

Some companies use shapes, others dots - it's effectively two very similar versions of a test to establish concentration.

Apex

You’re always looking for 4 dots
Agree with Cyclist... This always has been, and still is 4 dots. I assume the confusion may be down to the shapes test (Scaat) which for me, is a little harder. Some consider Scaat easier as it has more variety, but each to their own. By the end of the test - all you can see is dots :o

Some companies use shapes, others dots - it's effectively two very similar versions of a test to establish concentration.

Great and thanks for both of your replies, it's much appreciated! I also find the GBT a little easier than the SCAAT, so am looking forward to seeing 4 dots in my sleep for the next few weeks while I practice. At least I now know. Many Thanks :D

Spyder01

I've managed to download and install the tests. I can start them but can't find how do highlight the answers I think are right. The help function doesn't work to find out the controls, any clues please?

martin2345uk

Established Member
I've managed to download and install the tests. I can start them but can't find how do highlight the answers I think are right. The help function doesn't work to find out the controls, any clues please?

Use the print function mate, the real thing is done on paper so it’s muxh more accurate if you do too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.