• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Group Bourdon Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oska

Hi everyone, quick question. If I am getting Zero targets omitted and zero incorrect. What figure am i aiming for in Vigilance (Row fluctuation) Many Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cyclist

Hi everyone, quick question. If I am getting Zero targets omitted and zero incorrect. What figure am i aiming for in Vigilance (Row fluctuation) Many Thanks.
That is not measured on the day because they use a printed version. I suggest that you use the print button and practice that way because it’s more realistic.

Oska

That is not measured on the day because they use a printed version. I suggest that you use the print button and practice that way because it’s more realistic.
Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Mizzmo

What is meant by 'row fluctuation' and 'Targets omitted? I would've thought you just get observed on incorrect answers and how many you have done ??

Harbon 1

What is meant by 'row fluctuation' and 'Targets omitted? I would've thought you just get observed on incorrect answers and how many you have done ??
Row fluctuation I believe is consistency such as getting 10 rows down each time (low number), or anywhere between 7 and 13 (high number).

Targets omitted are the groups of 4 dots you've missed. On the computer version I'm not sure if these include the ones you didn't get to on the last line. You get marked on consistently getting all of the groups of 4 dots over a high number of rows. Obviously missing them is a sign of waning concentration, as well as incorrect ones.

For my practice I printed out loads of sheets using the tool and for two of them, just went through and crossed groups of 4 to familiarise myself with them, then went onto 2 minute blocks using around half a page a time (to save paper).

Mizzmo

Row fluctuation I believe is consistency such as getting 10 rows down each time (low number), or anywhere between 7 and 13 (high number).

Targets omitted are the groups of 4 dots you've missed. On the computer version I'm not sure if these include the ones you didn't get to on the last line. You get marked on consistently getting all of the groups of 4 dots over a high number of rows. Obviously missing them is a sign of waning concentration, as well as incorrect ones.

For my practice I printed out loads of sheets using the tool and for two of them, just went through and crossed groups of 4 to familiarise myself with them, then went onto 2 minute blocks using around half a page a time (to save paper).
Thanks for clarifying.. am I the only one to find the scraat really hard as it progresses.especially as some of the lines and squares looks familiar ..i have been going over and over but with some shapes I get bamboozled

Harbon 1

Thanks for clarifying.. am I the only one to find the scraat really hard as it progresses.especially as some of the lines and squares looks familiar ..i have been going over and over but with some shapes I get bamboozled
When I knew I wasn’t going to be assessed on it, I left it well alone :lol:

DaveB

Can someone please explain exactly how you print off the GBT sheets? I can see what appears to be a "print" icon (between the "Defaults" and "Help" buttons located on the right hand side), but nothing happens when I try and press print. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Can someone please explain exactly how you print off the GBT sheets? I can see what appears to be a "print" icon (between the "Defaults" and "Help" buttons located on the right hand side), but nothing happens when I try and press print. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Have you got a default printer set up on your PC and can you check there are no notifications being hidden that you need to acknowledge?

Diff

I’ve also tried to print, seems my laptop has to be on the same network as the printer for it to work, so there’s no way of simply saving a file of them to a memory stick and taking to a library because I have no printer...

Mizzmo

I’ve also tried to print, seems my laptop has to be on the same network as the printer for it to work, so there’s no way of simply saving a file of them to a memory stick and taking to a library because I have no printer...
I took mine to a local internet cafe, the guy let me download the tool and then print from there

Mizzmo

How many sheets will have to be done for the bourdon on the day, will it be 5 as per the tool?

Pete C

Select "Microsoft print to PDF" as your default printer and it'll generate 5 pdf files that you can then save and print elsewhere. This is how I did it at work.

Kalpesh

Thank you everyone for your practice results
Mine is
Sheet 1-12 rows- 0 omission
Sheet2- 13 Rows 0 omission
Sheet 3- 12 rows -0 omission
Sheet 4 - 13 rows -0 omission
Sheet 5- 13 rows - 0 omission
None incorrect .
Hope this should pass me on enhancements level ..
I practice on about 400 sheets

Dynamonic

Mine is
None incorrect .

Those should be great for Enhanced Standard, and they’re consistent too! (I was getting 10-11 rows and passed to Enhanced on the day)
The actual tests will be on paper, so have a go at printing paper practice tests out if you haven’t done so already.
Other than that, start looking into the other tests as I think you’re pretty much there for Bourdon. :)

Good luck Kalpesh!

Kalpesh

Those should be great for Enhanced Standard, and they’re consistent too! (I was getting 10-11 rows and passed to Enhanced on the day)
The actual tests will be on paper, so have a go at printing paper practice tests out if you haven’t done so already.
Other than that, start looking into the other tests as I think you’re pretty much there for Bourdon. :)

Good luck Kalpesh!
Thanks
Yes I have printed another 500 pages for test !

Static65

Mine is
None incorrect .

I was getting 10 or 11 rows, averaging 1 omission on every page and passed to an enhanced standard so you should smash it with those scores.

As Dynamonic says, it's probably time to put any further practice hours towards the other tests.

Kalpesh

Great so nice of you thank you
I am looking for more materials about Drivers fault finding tests, I am good at the one I bought from OPC website

richardjeeves

I past this test last week but where do you get your results,? Ie enhanced or whatever?

Thanks
If it was done through the opc, you might be able to get the results from them. Google "the opc". When I last did the test plus a few others they said they could give feedback if they have the time.

Andrew Higgins

I was consistently getting 0 errors and 0 omissions, getting about 10-11 lines down on each page, with a row fluctuation of about 2.5. I got an enhanced pass last month with EMT.
Try to use paper printouts for your practice, as this is what you'll likely be using on the day. :) Print off 5 sheets, and give yourself 2 minutes for each sheet. You want to strike-through from top right to bottom left, every group of '4' dots. Make a 'cross' for the ones you mark by accident, as you would do in the real test.

Good luck!

Hi there

New to this trainee game and trying everything I can to prepare myself for when a job comes up. So with this test just complete as you have stated and aim to get as efficient as possible?

NorvernRob

Great resource, thanks for posting it up. After half a dozen attempts I’m on a consistent 11 rows with zero omissions/errors. Strangely the more steadily I work the more rows I seem to get!

Status
Not open for further replies.