• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

gtr/1404

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

afc

It was a week ago (last tues) so hoping to hear something this week. Have you got long to wait for your mmi?

I was given a choice of dates in October, I opted for the later part as I have some other commitments.

afc

Got my DMI tomorrow. Starting to get a little nervous.

I was the same mate, to be honest it's not nearly as bad you think. Just get there in plenty of time so that you're not rushing about and have a bit of time time to mull over your notes before you go in.

Be confident in what you are saying, and most importantly in my opinion take your time with your answers - I asked for a couple of minutes on a few of my questions before answering.

Where is your DMI?

purplejonesy

I was the same mate, to be honest it's not nearly as bad you think. Just get there in plenty of time so that you're not rushing about and have a bit of time time to mull over your notes before you go in.

Be confident in what you are saying, and most importantly in my opinion take your time with your answers - I asked for a couple of minutes on a few of my questions before answering.

Where is your DMI?

Down in kings cross, so just straight down the line for me. I've already done my MMI and assessment centre so this is the final stage

afc

Down in kings cross, so just straight down the line for me. I've already done my MMI and assessment centre so this is the final stage
Nice one, I still have MMI but am not as anxious about that to be honest, how did you find the MMI?

Good luck for tomorrow mate.

regards

purplejonesy

Nice one, I still have MMI but am not as anxious about that to be honest, how did you find the MMI?

Good luck for tomorrow mate.

regards

I done my MMI at the end of my 2nd assessment day, so I had already been there for a couple of hours doing tests and exams so the nerves had gone by that point. I found it hard to talk about myself for so long ha ha, but at the end of every example the 'How did that make you feel' question got quite annoying lol.

Cheers dude

Demonbarber

I waited mate - it was tough, but decided to just let it run its course, what will be will be.[

I’ll hang on then and hopefully hear something in the next few days. It makes me feel nervous waiting for the call.

afc

Thanks mate. Any depot in Kent really. What about you? How are you feeling about the mmi?

I'm not as anxious about the MMI to be honest, I have given examples that I am confident on speaking about in depth so hopefully that will see me through. That said, the nearer the date gets that could all change :D

I'm pretty flexible on depot's too, Kent or Cricklewood would be great,

Demonbarber

I'm not as anxious about the MMI to be honest, I have given examples that I am confident on speaking about in depth so hopefully that will see me through. That said, the nearer the date gets that could all change :D

I'm pretty flexible on depot's too, Kent or Cricklewood would be great,

I’m just trying to remember what examples I gave tho. I can remember a few. I wonder how they score it and do you think they tell you there and then weather you have passed? Seems strange that we have the mmi last as I would of thought the dmi would of been the final say as is with the actual managers.

djsmith200

I done my MMI at the end of my 2nd assessment day, so I had already been there for a couple of hours doing tests and exams so the nerves had gone by that point. I found it hard to talk about myself for so long ha ha, but at the end of every example the 'How did that make you feel' question got quite annoying lol.

Cheers dude

how did you get on?

afc

I’m just trying to remember what examples I gave tho. I can remember a few. I wonder how they score it and do you think they tell you there and then weather you have passed? Seems strange that we have the mmi last as I would of thought the dmi would of been the final say as is with the actual managers.

I wrote mine down straight after we'd been let out. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason behind doing the DMI or MMI first, both I believe are filtering stages so makes no difference which way round.

I'm not sure if you get told straight away, although I'm sure there are others on here that can help with that? I think scoring is probably based on consistency of your answers, again I could be wrong if someone can help with this too.

Last edited:

james123

I wrote mine down straight after we'd been let out. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason behind doing the DMI or MMI first, both I believe are filtering stages so makes no difference which way round.

I'm not sure if you get told straight away, although I'm sure there are others on here that can help with that? I think scoring is probably based on consistency of your answers, again I could be wrong if someone can help with this too.

You won't be told straight away, I was informed that someone else would be a part of the scoring. I was given my result a day or so after but it can be longer.

purplejonesy

how did you get on?

I have no ideas ha ha. I think it went ok, but it was a lot tougher then I was expecting. As I had already done my MMI, which is a bombardment of competencies, I was expecting the DMI to be a little more about me and info on the company eye, no lol. I think I had 8 competencies to answer, 2 questions on the company, any background knowledge I already had, and any questions I had for them. I think it lasted an hour and a half.
The people were nice enough and friendly but got I was nervous leading up to it ha ha.
My problem is I can't just look at it as just an interview. This is a new job, a new career, a new start and providing for my family. I always out too much pressure on myself.

But other then aĺl that....i think it went alright.
I just need to wait till after the weekend to hear anything.

They said more then likely, if I get it, my depot will be either Hornsey or WGC

Demonbarber

Can anyone remember the 6 questions in the mmi? As I went with about 10 possible examples but can’t remember all the questions. Much appreciated if someone could list them just so I can remember my examples that I gave. Thanks

George999

Can anyone remember the 6 questions in the mmi? As I went with about 10 possible examples but can’t remember all the questions. Much appreciated if someone could list them just so I can remember my examples that I gave. Thanks

You will get to see your examples before you answer your questions which will jog your memory. Domt panic if you can’t remember them, I didn’t was in the same boat and it all came flooding back.

djsmith200

I have no ideas ha ha. I think it went ok, but it was a lot tougher then I was expecting. As I had already done my MMI, which is a bombardment of competencies, I was expecting the DMI to be a little more about me and info on the company eye, no lol. I think I had 8 competencies to answer, 2 questions on the company, any background knowledge I already had, and any questions I had for them. I think it lasted an hour and a half.
The people were nice enough and friendly but got I was nervous leading up to it ha ha.
My problem is I can't just look at it as just an interview. This is a new job, a new career, a new start and providing for my family. I always out too much pressure on myself.

But other then aĺl that....i think it went alright.
I just need to wait till after the weekend to hear anything.

They said more then likely, if I get it, my depot will be either Hornsey or WGC

know what you mean.fingers crossed then. i wonder how long you have to wait now!

Status
Not open for further replies.