• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

gtr/1404

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daly131

I passsed thank sooooo much for all your best wishes and help good luck at the next stage!!!! Soooo happy

Daly131

Thanks everyone I did mine last Friday. No date for dmi as of yet tho they told me that it's few and far between fir spaces ATM but as soon as they have one they will let me know when for

baz962

Established Member
Few and far between does that mean more applicants then jobs still lol

Goodream

Just got an email, I have been unsuccessful. So frustrating as have passed every stage up until MMI. Email was very generic. Have asked GTR for feedback.

I sent an email to them on Friday asking as I hadn't heard from them, do you think sending the email was a mistake? I read somewhere that emailing them calling them etc shows impatience which the TOCs do not like?

GMT

Just got an email, I have been unsuccessful. So frustrating as have passed every stage up until MMI. Email was very generic. Have asked GTR for feedback.

I sent an email to them on Friday asking as I hadn't heard from them, do you think sending the email was a mistake? I read somewhere that emailing them calling them etc shows impatience which the TOCs do not like?

I know how you feel. It happen the same to me last year, still with GTR. But such is life, we have to accept these sour events.

Don't expect a prompt and lengthy reply from HR. Last year I asked them for feedback again two months after my first request. The only feedback I had was 'Communications Skills'. It was enough for me , I knew where I went wrong. Obviously, we are not the only ones to have failed at this stage, lots of people on this forum have succeeded after having failed even two or three times (i.e. test, success with test but then failure with DMI, success with DMI but then failure with MMI, etc.).

All the best and good luck for your next attempt.

Goodream

I know how you feel. It happen the same to me last year, still with GTR. But such is life, we have to accept these sour events.

Don't expect a prompt and lengthy reply from HR. Last year I asked them for feedback again two months after my first request. The only feedback I had was 'Communications Skills'. It was enough for me , I knew where I went wrong. Obviously, we are not the only ones to have failed at this stage, lots of people on this forum have succeeded after having failed even two or three times (i.e. test, success with test but then failure with DMI, success with DMI but then failure with MMI, etc.).

All the best and good luck for your next attempt.

Just to clarify, is failing the DMI and MMI exempt from the 2 strikes and out rule? Also I applied at the same time for London Overground with Arriva Rail London do I have to wait 6 months with them or as I passed all the psychometrics I can go with them sooner?

Need2

Just to clarify, is failing the DMI and MMI exempt from the 2 strikes and out rule?

You can have as many DMI's as you wish, they do not count towards the 2 strike rule.
The MMI is another kettle of fish, you only have 2 chances as per the 2 strike rule.

Daly131

Did you contact them? Or they called you? Because you said you have problems with your phone. As I am still waiting to hear back.

Yeah I contacted them to update my contact details but as she was looking me up on their database she noticed I had passed and told me

info

Condutor & Billoo when did you guys have your MMI? I still haven't heard back their.

baz962

Established Member
I had mine 4th july and heard I passed on 12th if thats any help info

Garyhobbs

Gutted I failed on the dfft. Never mind always a next time. Our assessor said that the next intake of trainees would be around oct. hope that gives someone a glimmer of hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.