• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess The Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
A different idea: Dump the destination. Looking on the Journey Planner is cheating and is usually banned from things like this. If you drop the time, there could potentially be multiple answers (e.g. PLY - PNZ could in theory be XC).

To showcase it, I'll do an easy one without the destination, but you will see the difference:

London Liv St
12:13
via Romford

What I would then suggest is that the destination becomes the answer, and not the TOC. The TOC could be added to the clues if required.

No problem. I'll go for that system!

Ivo

Established Member
Chaos has it.

Matt: Shepperton trains almost always run via Wimbledon/Kingston, except for select peak hour services.

Captain Chaos

Chaos has it.

Matt: Shepperton trains almost always run via Wimbledon/Kingston, except for select peak hour services.

Ok. Will put another one up in a minute.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Try this one:

Nottingham
06:37
via Beeston

me123

Established Member
How about...

Sundays only, 18:10 departure from Glasgow Queen Street, calling at Gleneagles ERT...

me123

Established Member
That's the one. It's the only train in the week to go from Glasgow right through to Elgin via Inverness.

me123

Established Member
Hmm... I'll give it another go and see what happens.

Service departs Glasgow Central at 15:14, calls at Motherwell, en route to where?

gnolife

Established Member
ill do one since no-one else will
15:22 departure
from Liverpool Lime Street
Calls at Warrington Central

Ivo

Established Member
Isn't that the TPE train that goes to 'Boro* and not Scarborough for no obvious reason?

(* I mean Middlesbrough, before anyone asks. Not that saying this should be necessary.)

Status
Not open for further replies.