• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4SRKT

Established Member
I thought Pontefract Monkhill was double track through the station? When was this changed?

It is double track.

Looking at that shot again, the word 'Knottingley' on the blind kinda gives it away a bit.....

bradders1983

It is double track.

Looking at that shot again, the word 'Knottingley' on the blind kinda gives it away a bit.....

Post #58 makes reference to a disused track. I'm confused now because there isn't one at Pontefract Monkhill. Is there?

Crossforth

Established Member
If you look to the very right of the photo there are some disused lines (running or sidings I do not know)

My photo will be up in a mo

4SRKT

Established Member
It is Pontefract Monkhill. The 144 has come off the line from Wakefield (it's the 11:31 Kirkgate > Knottingley). You can see the line to Castleford branching off to the right.

Here it is

Have a guess

Fitzwilliam

Last edited:

Crossforth

Established Member
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...304205&spn=0.000756,0.002642&t=h&z=19&iwloc=A

That is an overview of Pont M

To the top is the disused line and to the bottom are the two running lines

I do believe it is still signalled though
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It is Pontefract Monkhill. The 144 has come off the line from Wakefield (it's the 11:31 Kirkgate > Knottingley). You can see the line to Castleford branching off to the right.

Fitzwilliam

Correct

Your turn again

4SRKT

Established Member
Looks a bit a fix when two West Yorkshire lads are correctly answering each others' West Yorkshire posers!

4SRKT

Established Member
Here goes the next one:

Attachments

• SDC10541.jpg
    SDC10541.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 213

4SRKT

Established Member
Hmm, good picture, Dorking

Nope. It's SWT for sure, but the other two guesses were on the right lines.

Posters who read my blog earlier in the year may recognise it as somewhere I have to go with my job sometimes.

4SRKT

Established Member
Peter Mugridge has it with Byfleet & New Haw! One of the most unpleasant stations it's ever been my misfortune to visit.

<hopes he doesn't take all day with the next pic. I quite like this game ;)>

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Ha ha - I'm still here and here is my offering.

I'll be offline shortly, but should get a chance to check the thread around mid morning.

Attachments

• Picture 7736.jpg
    Picture 7736.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

4SRKT

Established Member
Ha ha - I'm still here; going to pick out and scan a picture now.... Check back in ¼ an hour and it should be up...

Will be in bed in 1/4 hour. Unable to sleep for fantasising about trying to wangle a trip on the WAG express under the guise of working ;)