• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to run BVE4 under Windows Vista x86 and x64 and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pedned

78.01? on windows vista?

Im not on Vista, but my amte ahs a similar set-up. 78.01 on vista, i copied it to flash drive form XP, and installed it on his.
Seems to work fine, not brilliant framerates on his though. A max of about 21FPS in low detailed places. Can be as little as about 8 in high detailed palces... yet on XP its alot higher

Hal9000

afaik only 9x.xx drivers upwards are vista-compatible.
anyways, if it's running so slowly, it probably means that hardware direct3d is not working so it's falling back to software direct3d, which is not good...

rob s

sorry - just to clarify, - Liam, what did you do to remedy the white screen problem?

Liam, glad it works ok! For others, for some reason after playing BVE in full screen once on NWM there is now no longer and overrun of japanese and english text-just english! :D So now its just like running on XP. I did change the scheme to Vista basic as welll, but I'm sure that was after. Frame rates wise, about 20/30 fps i think, although I don't have it showing that often.

phontanka

I tried this solution and unfortunately it didn't work. I also got the error message after clicking on the window size dialogue box. I have Vista Home Premium, 32 bit and it's Hungarian. Has anyone tried and succeded with non-English Vista? May the different language cause a problem?

The error log was this. It was Hungarian, so I translated bits of it, I hope it's clear enough.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem name: CLR20r3
01: bve.exe
02: 4.2.1947.25355
03: 42748274
04: System.Windows.Forms
05: 2.0.0.0
06: 4536f34f
07: 197d
08: 2
09: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
Operating system version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Local settings ID: 2057

thomasgholmes

So if i`m running 64 bit ultimate i save to syswow64
Well i`ve done that and when i launch the command promt and type in regsvr vb7.ddl it comes up with a box saying cannot sucseed.
Please neil could you either pm me or post on how i can get the sucseed box up.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
THANKYOU SO MUCH NEIL!
No works.
I jsut had when typing regsvr32 dx7vb.ddl
instead i typed regsvr32 dx7vb
AND IT WORKED!

Wait neil.
When i load the train my screen flashes every so often.

tubenutter

Do you have something like MSN open? The BVE screen flashes for me when MSN notifications appear in the bottom right corner.

thomasgholmes

no.
It contstantly flashes a bar at the bottom and every so often the whole screen flashes.
Also when i install things the installer always finishs haflway thorugh the bar thingy and vista says it is installed incorrect.
And all my signals are white.

Yes i closed done all the programmes and no flashing.
But all the signalls are still covered by white blotches.
The sky is also white.
And the scenery doesn`tg moved smoothly it jumps along.

ukneilw

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not been around for some time - unfortunately work has been manic and I haven't had any time to even run BVE since I posted this!

With regards to the remaining crashes relating to System.Windows.Forms or similar - those are indicating a problem with the .NET framework, and despite several attempts to fix them I have never managed to find what caused it, I can only suggest reinstalling the operating system/sticking with XP until you get a new PC in the future.

The problem in the posts just above this one sounds more like a serious problem with the OS rather than BVE. If you are getting errors saying there are problems with Vista you need to repair the installation - the first thing I would do is type:

sfc /scannow <enter>

From a command prompt window - you might need your Vista CD/DVD if it asks for it. This process will replace any damaged system files however it is not a guarantee to fix the errors. If you still have problems, reinstall your video card drivers (if it is an nVidia card make sure you read the posts further up the thread), and then reinstall BVE. If it still doesn't work you will need to reinstall Vista cleanly (i.e. format the PC and start again) - unless you know what you are doing and can safely back up all your personal data I would not recommend this as you will lose everything on the hard drive.

The blotches on signals usually means the graphics card doesn't support some advanced features - try turning off Signal Glow in the BVE options.

Hope that helps a bit - sorry I couldn't be more help!

thomasgholmes

I tried turning signal glow of before and it didn`t help.
Also the sky is white and on some lines the stations are in parts.
So i travel in a fifth of the station then into blackness then into the next part.
Any resoulutions for these other problems?
And thanks for getting back to me.

sklig

lHi all,i am trying to run BVE in Windows VISTA,i have followed all the links to the DLL Dump files webpage,but when i put a file search (es/D/dx7vb.dll) ETC....it comes back saying no files found,does anyone have any suggestions,i enjoyed using BVE in Windows XP my suggestions are to anyone thinking of up-grading to Vista is to think twice before taking the jump.......Many thanks SKLIG........:-?......................

ChampsRacing

Hi all, when trying to download the dll files it comes up saying : This file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action. Creat an association in the Set Associations control panel.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks.

rocky4427

can you help me on how and to instill BVE4 on windows vista cos i dont know on how to do this pls give me an example pls on to instill it pls;)

mbonwick

Established Member
At the risk of being told off for abck-seat moderation, please do not use txt spk and try and spell words correctly. I find it hard to understand otherwise.

Please take a look at the first post in this thread - that will tell you how to do it

paul_simpson

I have tries to do the bits you suggested so that I can get bve to run but to no avail. Please help.
hi I keep getting an error message stating that dx7vb.dll failed to load, any suggestions
can any one help. I am trying to get bve to work with vista and having no lick.

Tom B

Established Member
This is a strange one.

Followed all the instructions and all, didn't work, exception that couldn't be handled. Fiddled around with it a bit to no avail.

So I come back today determined to sort it, first try it doesn't work. So I think, whilst I'm doing it I figure I'll listen to a radio programme I recorded a while ago, so I stick that on Windoze Media Player. Try it again... and what should work fine but BVE?!

rocky4427

can you help me on how and to instill BVE4 on windows visa cos i dont know on how to do this pls give me an example pls

Tom B

Established Member
can you help me on how and to instill BVE4 on windows visa cos i dont know on how to do this pls give me an example pls

1. Please see the first page of this thread which contains simple, easy to follow instructions on how to do this.
2. Please do not write in text message abbreviations.

Tom B

Established Member
What do you mean by "it still won't work for me"? What is the problem?

rocky4427

dx7vb.dll
d3drm.dll
dv8vb.dll
thats why BVE4 wont work with windows vista can you help me on how to instill them pls in to my computer give me a example to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.