• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains 802: Construction updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
Tomorrow would make my post 112 prediction of a November launch correct.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

capital12

That looks awful if I'm honest.

Yeah, I agree! The blue base coat didn’t look too bad, but those vinyls don’t compliment it very well at all!

And what’s the point of the stupidly small logo stuck in the front?!

Oh, and the daft Paragon name?! Who’s going to bother calling them that!

NoMorePacers

Established Member
Yeah, I agree! The blue base coat didn’t look too bad, but those vinyls don’t compliment it very well at all!

And what’s the point of the stupidly small logo stuck in the front?!

Oh, and the daft Paragon name?! Who’s going to bother calling them that!
I prefer the name Mouldy Cucumbers. :lol:

samuelmorris

Established Member
I actually quite like the HT logo being applied on the front. The 'location' vinyls would look better if they didn't have the stark horizontal edges to them. If the image was of varying height it'd blend into the blue background a lot better.

57Tonic

I think the lower station band will get people looking for the coach going to their destination and not the coach number, at speed it will look like graffiti just like the 365 did.

I think the lower station band will get people looking for the coach going to their destination and not the coach number.
I hadn't thought of that!
Yep, there will be plenty of people, especially given HT's more leisure-oriented customer base, who will do just that.
Should be fun for the staff to sort out.

On Moderation
First unit unveiled at Hull today, livery features images and names of each station called at. Rumour at the station is that it’s out in service from tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/phillipnorton/status/1199000986867654661?s=21
So reading the reply to that tweet tells us what we need to know. WorstGroup Director tells us that we shouldn’t be bothered about the interior. So it is - as we long suspected - company policy not to give a stuff about the punters. At least she’s honest.

samuelmorris

Established Member
So reading the reply to that tweet tells us what we need to know. WorstGroup Director tells us that we shouldn’t be bothered about the interior. So it is - as we long suspected - company policy not to give a stuff about the punters. At least she’s honest.
That's an official company reply? Never mind people's feelings about the TOC, it's unprofessional to say the least. There are ways to write social media-friendly responses without sounding quite so infantile...

NoMorePacers

Established Member
Sounds about right.

CptCharlee

The livery is certainly very busy and I'm personally not a fan. Looks a cluttered mess! But each to there own I guess.

northernbelle

That's deeply unfair and it's regrettable you feel it necessary to seize upon this for yet another irrational anti-First swipe. She is more bothered about customers than most directors. For one, HT not being a franchised operator means she has to be.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

Her reply is outrageously unprofessional. I bet it won't stay there long when FG PR department give her a kick in the morning.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
That's deeply unfair and it's regrettable you feel it necessary to seize upon this for yet another irrational anti-First swipe. She is more bothered about customers than most directors. For one, HT not being a franchised operator means she has to be.

The reply is not becoming of a senior member of staff and I'm sure it won't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.