• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains 802: Construction updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westv

Established Member
Hull Trains have advised that the new services will be all at seat food service.

On Moderation
Hull Trains have advised that the new services will be all at seat food service.
Is that the new train company PR line for taking the buffet out? “At seat” = trolley.

westv

Established Member
I guess it depends. If it's the same offering as already supplied at the buffet then it shouldn't be a downgrade. They say they will still offer hot food - which isn't normal trolley fare.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm not wholly convinced that the loss of a buffet on Hull Trains is going to have any particular negative impact on the quality of the service on offer but I guess we can decide on what Hull Trains new service on their new trains is going to be like before we even know anything much about it...

westv

Established Member
Should the thread title now be changed to reflect the name given to the new Hull fleet?

jfowkes

Just came in here to suggest the name "Chip Spice" for one of the new units. Hull's best creation.

NoMorePacers

Established Member
I suspect it’ll be a short amount of time between them entering the country and entering frontline service.

Neptune

Established Member
Definitely Ronnie Pickering, Hull’s most famous sportsman (me and you in a bare knuckle fight, now).

How about Dean Windass? GC could nab that name as well as he’s a Bradford City legend.

NewSt

I suspect it’ll be a short amount of time between them entering the country and entering frontline service.

I'd concur with that. The drivers have already begun to be trained on TPE's 802 fleet so there shouldn't be much downtime between them getting here and them entering service.

NoMorePacers

Established Member
I'd concur with that. The drivers have already begun to be trained on TPE's 802 fleet so there shouldn't be much downtime between them getting here and them entering service.
Just the fault-free running I assume before they can be signed off for service?

MontyP

Not looked at other suggestions...but....
Hull City Nil....?
Botanical Gardens
Paragon
Humber
Hull-Rotterdam
Zeebrugge

Amy Johnson
William Wilberforce
Norland (the North Sea ferry that was used as a troopship in the Falklands)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Any recent updates? I am mildly tempted to give Hull Trains a go for my annual pilgrimage to Hull for Christmas, but would only really consider it if there is a hint that the 802s will be out and about by then.

westv

Established Member
Any recent updates? I am mildly tempted to give Hull Trains a go for my annual pilgrimage to Hull for Christmas, but would only really consider it if there is a hint that the 802s will be out and about by then.
You would have thought they'd have some sort of provisional date by now.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I feel like HT may well end up doing what TPE did with their 802 and just drop one into service with very little notice.

westv

Established Member
I feel like HT may well end up doing what TPE did with their 802 and just drop one into service with very little notice.
That would tie in with what I was told by HTs when I asked them several weeks ago why I was unable to reserve an airline style seat after 28/10.
Their reply was that they could have any one of three services running after that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.