• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is there likely to be a Valenta HST farewell tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wensley

Established Member
How could there be times and locations if no-one knows for a fact if its actually running?!

I was thinking the same thing!!

At the moment there will probably be a valenta farewell that will most likely be in mid December. Starting at one station and calling at others at some time between 0001 and 2359 ;)

Details will be online as soon as they are available!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Drimnagh Road

I know it is not confirmed yet but I may take a chance with this one and look at flights for that weekend.

If it is that weekend, with it been so near to Christmas, flights go up in price like there's no tomorrow on all Ireland-UK routes so if I do wait to to get the "definitly happening" then I could be looking at extortionate costs to get across, and this is just one event I can't miss.

If it doesn't happen, well it will be a loss but I'll still make use of the flights, there's a few 90s I still require on GEML:roll:.

4SRKT

Established Member
I know it is not confirmed yet but I may take a chance with this one and look at flights for that weekend.

If it is that weekend, with it been so near to Christmas, flights go up in price like there's no tomorrow on all Ireland-UK routes so if I do wait to to get the "definitly happening" then I could be looking at extortionate costs to get across, and this is just one event I can't miss.

If it doesn't happen, well it will be a loss but I'll still make use of the flights, there's a few 90s I still require on GEML:roll:.

I've got a similar, if slightly less expensive predicament. I'll need to book advances to position myself for this ASAP. Not knowing any times or even if it'll happen at all is therefore a slight issue! If it goes ahead I'm planning to kip in a colleague's hotel room in Glasgow on the Monday night, before taking the 04:28 Pendo to Lancaster for a solid bit of pacer bashing to Leeds, which will enable me to be at my desk at work for 09:30! Currently this move is £19 advance which is ideal.

How many people overnight in Glasgow before putting in a full day's work in Leeds I wonder?

4SRKT

Established Member
How many people get up at 4am to go pacer bashing? :D

Only the hardcore! I'm planning a day of pacer-only action in the new year if you fancy it. Reaching into every corner of West Yorkshire, the rules are that if a non-pacer turns up we have to flag it and wait for the next one! One positioning move each way on non-pacers is allowed.

Any more news on a solid diesel railtour in Ireland next year? Something like the Tralee do? That was without question the highlight of the year for me. Now that the Irish scene is so pants, and that I no longer have any living relatives in Northern Ireland, I need good excuses to be enticed over. The wife's folks are in Raheny, but they are the most normal of normals and any mention of bashing or rail enthusiasm is likely to result in uncomprehending disapproval. Thumpers will provide just such an excuse to visit in spring, when I'm planning a three day blow out all over the railways culminating in a day on the Larne line. I'd like to think that won't be all though, and provisionally I've interested a kettle veg friend in the Portrush Flyer if it runs (always a good do IMHO). If there's still any thumper action to be had in August obviously we'll cash in on that too.

Plans could be changed if 500+ miles of 071 and/or 111 haulage came on the scene tho.........

Last edited:

Crossforth

Established Member
Only the hardcore! I'm planning a day of pacer-only action in the new year if you fancy it. Reaching into every corner of West Yorkshire, the rules are that if a non-pacer turns up we have to flag it and wait for the next one! One positioning move each way on non-pacers is allowed.

Sounds good to me :lol::lol::D

Established Member

Well, the earliest I've done is 5. Admittedly this was to drive to the first station, but still rather early.

4SRKT said:
At the moment it's me and 142094. DayRovers at the ready and a few pints en route! No date yet, but sounds like a good thing to enliven to post Christmas doldrums!

I'm actually quite looking forward to this, bored of sitting in the house most days.

Aictos

Established Member

Hah, try being up all night then although I was out and about I was nowhere near Pacers even though I did pass though some areas which had them operating.

beatbox

43084 requires a new piston,this should be done in a couple of days. not heard of any probs with 43123

alanf

I don't know if this is good or bad news but 43468 is paired with 43480. It sat outside the back of my house tonight (Norton South) for those who know it. It left at 21 20 heading north so im presuming it was the 16 50 of the Cross about 2 and a 1/2 hours late.

Alan

Royston Vasey

Established Member
480 was with 123 when I used it Friday and Sunday, so they've swapped it out since then. 123 seemed to have no problems either way though, although 480 had a transient fault south of Doncaster that cost 10+ minutes on Sunday afternoon (southbound)

Jordy

Established Member
43480 and 43468 have been working together today, if the MTUs can work alone it now means that it is theoretically possible to have a Valenta farewell trip...doesn't mean there will be though!

beatbox

43123 has had a B exam and will swap back onto the set with a MTU powercar tonight.
43084 had its B4 piston renewed today,had been waiting for parts.should be available soon.
I also understand both powercars will be named prior to working last valenta powered train.

wensley

Established Member
I don't know if this is good or bad news but 43468 is paired with 43480. It sat outside the back of my house tonight (Norton South) for those who know it. It left at 21 20 heading north so im presuming it was the 16 50 of the Cross about 2 and a 1/2 hours late.

Alan

Yep they were working a delayed 1N28 (which wasn't their diagram).

They worked A60 as booked in the morning and the N26 to Darlington (no calls at EAG, HPL or SUN) before turning round onto A62 (again no calls before Northallerton) running late throughout and then, subsequently, a late running 1N28

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
So let me get this right

43065 is now 46465
43067 is now 43467
43068 is now 43468
43080 is now 43480

which just leaves 43084 which we think will become 43484 and 43123 which will become 43423????

Either way, why didn't they just keep the numbers the same?

Crossforth

Established Member
So let me get this right

43065 is now 46465
43067 is now 43467
43068 is now 43468
43080 is now 43480

which just leaves 43084 which we think will become 43484 and 43123 which will become 43423????

Either way, why didn't they just keep the numbers the same?

43123 will become 43523

spark001uk

Established Member
So which is it?????????

Well i've no concrete evidence, but going on logic i would say that if 430xx have been getting renumbered 434xx, then would it not follow that 43423 has been/might be given 43423, and consequently 43123 couldn't be given the same number???

Status
Not open for further replies.