Leeds Station Improvement

Discussion in 'Infrastructure & Stations' started by Leedslad_, 8 Oct 2018.

1. JaJaWa

JaJaWa Established Member

Looks like the S&B clear gates are being replaced with London-style Cubic gates (as used by the new Northern franchise)? Will the Southern entrance gate line also be replaced?

The re-re-refurbished First Class lounge also re-reopened today (image source: Twitter.com/sambeth0310).

Attached Files:

2. johntea

johntea Established Member

They’re still in the bubble wrap this evening, this morning the idea seemed to be exit through the normal barriers then out through the new area, coming back I was guided by a member of staff to go via the WHSmith bit instead!

I would imagine it is a fairly simple job to switch over to them anyway as the infrastructure is already in place for the existing barriers

Don’t think the roof is that far off either! They do seem to have been cracking on with the job despite the challenges of having to carry it all out whilst passengers go about their day to day business!

3. anti-pacer

anti-pacer Established Member

My friend told me the new ticket gates are located in the main concourse before all the shops. Does this mean the shops will only be open to rail users? Also, can somebody confirm whereabouts the new ticket gates will be located?

4. asharpe

asharpe Member

5. asharpe

asharpe Member