• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland assessment day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman1979

I will be getting on the VT from Watford and I work for VT on the platforms at Euston up to the 7th April.If you meet me at Watford I will sort it for you with the TM.

Hi Komma;

I'm guessing you on the 8 April start.....will definitely be a big help if you can sort it with the TM mate. It will mean extra hour in BED lol.......anyways what VT train are we looking to catch? The 07:37 train would be the ideal one!!

Regards

The Iceman

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Komma

Hi Komma;

I'm guessing you on the 8 April start.....will definitely be a big help if you can sort it with the TM mate. It will mean extra hour in BED lol.......anyways what VT train are we looking to catch? The 07:37 train would be the ideal one!!

Regards

The Iceman

Yep,I am starting on the 8th and the 07.37 is the train I am getting.I will pm you nearer the date to make arrangements as to meeting up at Watford.

Iceman1979

Yep,I am starting on the 8th and the 07.37 is the train I am getting.I will pm you nearer the date to make arrangements as to meeting up at Watford.

Hi Komma

Thanks for the hook up.....as you say we'll make an arrangement near the time via here first!

Regards

The Iceman

cobbler

so its me and komma and iceman starting on the 8th anyone else?

and were all at different depots aswell , i wonder how many will be in the group or how many new people each depot takes in on every new intake , cant be many , maybe only one or 2

SJN

I know two people on your intake are coming to join us at Coventry. I won't be there on the 8th now. My retail course has been changed to next week and the week after.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There's usually a max of 12 on each training course.

Iceman1979

Hi Everyone

Has anyone who's starting on the 8th of April received their LM Train Pass??

I'm still waiting for mine! Even though they've done all the checks and references.

Regards

The Iceman

cobbler

Hi Everyone

Has anyone who's starting on the 8th of April received their LM Train Pass??

I'm still waiting for mine! Even though they've done all the checks and references.

Regards

The Iceman

yea ive had my temp pass and my actual duty pass

plastictaffy

I'm actually jealous of the fact that you lot are just starting!!!! You have soooooo much to learn, but you're gonna love it!!!! The only advice you need - you have two ears, but only one mouth, this is for a reason!!!
Further to my previous post about going to Brum on the 8th, this is now not happening, I shall be going on the 29th - hopefully by which time I will sign all the relevant routes, too.

SJN

Good luck Cobbler. Had a good day on the course today. It's sinking in. We will be there on Monday so will get to meet you after all.

cobbler

Good luck Cobbler. Had a good day on the course today. It's sinking in. We will be there on Monday so will get to meet you after all.

thanks :D ill see you monday , its been a long journey getting here so really cant wait to crack on and get started

SJN

Bet you cant. I love it, though it is a lot to take in at the moment. I've def made the right move for me. Can't wait to get out there on my own now though.

plastictaffy

Can't be that bad, SJN, surely??
Who is doing the course?? Just you and Dean?? Are you back with the same person who did our rules course??
Me and Luke are pretty much competent on Northampton - Euston, Northampton - Rugby and the Weedon route now. Had to work all the way through the BH weekend, as my instructor likes to work his rest days!!! Even got a trip to New Street on the Sunday of that weekend, too!!!

knight37

Does anyone know if there will another assesment day ?
Anyone know if London Midland or Network rail are recruiting for platform staff or trainee drivers ? :)

sd0733

Established Member
Who is doing the course?? Just you and Dean?? Are you back with the same person who did our rules course??
Me and Luke are pretty much competent on Northampton - Euston, Northampton - Rugby and the Weedon route now. Had to work all the way through the BH weekend, as my instructor likes to work his rest days!!! Even got a trip to New Street on the Sunday of that weekend, too!!!

I'm on the same retail course as SJN, its been really hard work especially if new to the industry but we are finally all getting it now, Our assesment is monday so we need to know it now!! There's 12 of us on it mostly New Street people but some of us from other west mids/west coast depots. Its a new ops trainer doing the course, she only started a couple of weeks ago, you'll be having her too as she said she is doing the next 4 courses.
Sounds like your routes are going well!

TDK

Established Member
Does anyone know if there will another assesment day ?
Anyone know if London Midland or Network rail are recruiting for platform staff or trainee drivers ? :)

Look on their web sites!

cobbler

well i have finished my last day at my current employer :) , looking forward to starting on monday , had another duty pass arrive today , thats two temp ones and my permanent pass as well lol , i think that will be enough :)

SJN

LOL. If you thought signalling was a lot to remember, just wait till the end of April. There's thousands of tickets and restrictions. I'm there with the other lot that went with Graham from the induction. Had a good two weeks but there is a lot to learn. Glad you're doing well with the training. Looking forward to getting back to mine. See you soon probably.

plastictaffy

You got your routes to look forward to next then, SJN. You gonna have a lot of those to learn, I would imagine. I guess on my retail course it will be those of us that went to Bletchley and Northampton depots, just the ten of us. At least we get free coffee at the academy.........

SJN

You've got one of the New St group as well. They had holiday booked which is why Dean and me were swapped to that group.

Iceman1979

Hi Komma;

Just reminding you about meeting up on Monday morning @ Watford Junction mate.

Let me know if you can still sort the VT hook up mate, and the time and place you wanna meet up.

Regards

The Iceman

Komma

Hi Komma;

Just reminding you about meeting up on Monday morning @ Watford Junction mate.

Let me know if you can still sort the VT hook up mate, and the time and place you wanna meet up.

Regards

The Iceman

You have mail:D

cobbler

How are you all getting on??
Think I saw some of the newbies at Northampton today with shiny boxes with their boots in, and the LM induction packs under their arms!! Was that any of you on here??

hi mate

yea were all doing well , i was one of the people you saw , but i think im the only one off here that is at npt or got off there , ive met komma and iceman , there good guys and there going bletchley

were starting track safety tommoro then in npt next week for rules training

how you guys getting on?

plastictaffy

Did Traction today on the Desiro's and Dusties. Also managed to do the "old line" through Weedon on a fast Crewe. Doing the Bedford and Willesden relief tomorrow. Also doing the 150 and Dogbox for traction tomorrow. Would have seen you about 4.20 - I just got off one from New Street.

cobbler

sounds like your getting stuck in mate , say hello next time im the ugly one with a goatee and a number one all over :)

Charmed

Hi ya I'm due to start my training on the 22nd but I haven't receive any train passes or any details on what time I start. Any help please? Why happened when u started? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.