• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Glasgow Non-Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I think they've had it, they needed to maintain early running because of the early start. Even allowing for the fact that RTT works to the nearest 1/4 min I think they are going to arrive at about 3 hours 54-3 hours 55.

The Planner

Veteran Member
I think they've had it, they needed to maintain early running because of the early start. Even allowing for the fact the timetable works to the nearest 1/4 min I think they are going to arrive at about 3 hours 54-3 hours 55.
Quarter of a minute? errr...

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Don’t forget this is working off TRUST timings, it shows a 1min early departure but it may well have been on time due to berthing offsets.

The Planner

Veteran Member
It will be down to the platform approach, the SRT will be rounded up more than likely and based on a conservative approach.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Agreed. Makes you wonder how many other services have been delayed to make sure this one gets through?
About 5 trains were altered (looped, turned slow line, or held while overtaken).
I doubt if any were late at their destination.
Not sure about around Glasgow (the most difficult bit).

The train was essentially using the path of the pre-Covid 1030 Euston-Glasgow, accelerated at the northern and southern end of its journey.
It also helped that the current timetable has fewer trains in it.

Last edited:

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Someone on Twitter is saying 21s behind the record. No idea of the source of that though.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Arrived 1429. I make that 3h54m and a failure.
Bearing in mind all of the modern safety systems that stop the 390 getting above a certain speed - all that being not-present on the 370, I think the fact this comes down to seconds certainly proves the 390 is faster

RailWonderer

Established Member
We will have to know if the train adhered to all linespeed limits, and ask whether or not some speeds could be raised in some areas (sensibly after a review) if they were to attempt it again.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Arrived 1429. I make that 3h54m and a failure.

Berth offsets come into play. Trains leaving Euston exactly on time (rolling at 00) will show in TRUST as departing 1E. This could well have happened here.

Agreed it will be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.