• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Long Term Out of Use Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

HA25322

333009 which was long time out of service but then came back has again failed to turn a wheel I believe since 21/06. Not sure why. Currently at Neville Hill.
155346 has been back at Neville Hill since 03/06 after spending 14 months away at Brodie's. Since then again it has not turned a wheel in passenger service.
Also not sure if 150244 is on the list? Believe this has been at St Phillips Marsh since the beginning of March and not been out to play?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
333009 which was long time out of service but then came back has again failed to turn a wheel I believe since 21/06. Not sure why. Currently at Neville Hill.
155346 has been back at Neville Hill since 03/06 after spending 14 months away at Brodie's. Since then again it has not turned a wheel in passenger service.
Also not sure if 150244 is on the list? Believe this has been at St Phillips Marsh since the beginning of March and not been out to play?

150244 is at Wolverton and has been all along.

Latest estimate for 150244 to return is end of August due to the corrosion problem. Watch this space, though.

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Do TPEs mk3s count? Sat at Laira for over a year and still not turned a wheel for TPE...

Still in VTWC livery too as of only a few days ago too. Weren't they meant to have been getting done up for TPX at Laira with another set on trials/crew training on the other half of the set by now?

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Do TPEs mk3s count? Sat at Laira for over a year and still not turned a wheel for TPE...

November last year it went down. Around a month prior to Xmas. I'll be going past Laira tomorrow on a train so may be able to give an update

capital12

321448 seen (well half of it! A driving coach and intermediate which were both separated) from Doncaster platform when passing through earlier.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

155346 out today, details on the Northern Refurbishing thread.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Is it too soon to add 5901 following the explosion at Guildford?

If it's a known batch of defective components (as reported in the relevant thread) I expect it will be back in service too soon to be a consideration for this thread/topic. Also, should you include the other 5 units now reported taken out of use while awaiting replacement of the same component?

bnsf734

If it's a known batch of defective components (as reported in the relevant thread) I expect it will be back in service too soon to be a consideration for this thread/topic. Also, should you include the other 5 units now reported taken out of use while awaiting replacement of the same component?

Any idea of the numbers of those units?

TEW

Established Member

5901 was reported as being back at Eastleigh elsewhere. I don't know if that's simply for replacement of the equipment or perhaps for investigations to take place. Units simply having the new traction equipment fitted have not been out of traffic for long, so I would agree it is too soon to add 5901 yet.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
What was the plan for these? Will they ever enter service with TPE now the Mark 5s are under construction?

No apparently, management internally are still talking about using them, both for training and in service as a crowd buster

Kite159

Veteran Member
Reference 332014, isn't that the one which had cracks appearing which grounded the 332 fleet last year for checks to be carried out?

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Are there any further updates regarding 150219?

I am aware that was the train that was involved in the Plymouth collision last year.

I believe coach 57219 was coupled to the end of 150238, with the train carrying the number 150938. However, 57219 seems to have been removed with 150938 reverting back to 150238, as I had that on the 14:48 Filton Abbey Wood - Worcester FS (ex Southampton Central - Great Malvern) on Monday 14 August.

Geeves

Established Member
Im not sure if this is the right thread. I was pretty surprised to see an UID class 321 (looked to be in First livery) hiding amongst all the demics in the yard at Leicester yesterday. I am guessing it is not being used. Anyone know why it would be there?

Roast Veg

Established Member
Leicester is commonly used to stable EMUs on route to works in the midlands (Derby/Doncaster etc.), the 321 is probably on its way to a repaint for GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.