• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
@tbtc @Tom1791 @Darklord8899

I have attached my workings very much "as-is", ie there have been no efforts made to change formatting or remove rough workings. Help would be appreciated for the PVR sheet, however.

c - complete
o - omissions

Anything highlighted in yellow just means I need to tick it off on my own notes. Anything in red needs to be removed from my own notes (and subsequently the spreadsheet).

Remember this is not complete so do not be alarmed if you don't see a specific journey mentioned. My tip for finding specific journeys is to do a Find & Replace search, making sure to search the whole workbook for the starting time or the finishing time of the journey.

Any suggestions and additional information would be gratefully appreciated!

Attachments

• Master Diagram.xls
    4.6 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Having spoken to them they suggest that we only take photos at open days. Someone really needs to start getting themselves a brain and do what they are paid to do. Is anyone else aware of rules set by other companies?

overthewater

Established Member
Having spoken to them they suggest that we only take photos at open days. Someone really needs to start getting themselves a brain and do what they are paid to do. Is anyone else aware of rules set by other companies?

I think its because of the amount of pic/photos being taken.. Its actually ridiculous the amount of new stuff that appears.

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
Meanwhile. Prentices 69 starts today. Wonder what kind of vehicles they use on that service now instead of the solos?

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
Also I was just thinking, for the Hogmanay night buses this year. This will be the first year the N44 won’t run to Tranent. Will this year finally see the nighthawks running on Hogmanay? I’m very surprised they didn’t run last year

ANWP Tom

I may upload my spreadsheet here at some point in the near future if it'd be use to some people.

Morning 49s - not sure off the top of my head but will check tomorrow

Would find this interesting reading if nothing else, I work with pathing and platform docking within my project work stream so seeing it done well in another area could be useful. Plus I'm a bit of an operational geek with understand how this sort of thing works.

End must be almost here for trident only seen 696 (25 around midday on Friday) in the past 5 days

ANWP Tom

Remember there used to be a through 26/X26 into a 22 (Think it then did 21s) when our office first moved to the Gyle. Must have been around 8am as I used it to get to work a few times.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Would find this interesting reading if nothing else, I work with pathing and platform docking within my project work stream so seeing it done well in another area could be useful. Plus I'm a bit of an operational geek with understand how this sort of thing works.

End must be almost here for trident only seen 696 (25 around midday on Friday) in the past 5 days
Spreadsheet is attached to this post: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/lothian-buses-and-ecb-discussion.151391/page-35#post-3696776

Darklord8899

Remember there used to be a through 26/X26 into a 22 (Think it then did 21s) when our office first moved to the Gyle. Must have been around 8am as I used it to get to work a few times.

Yes, there was two of the inbound X26's that continued as 22's to Gyle, then returned on service to Foot o the Walk, what they did after that I don't know

Lothian_Bus

They are very rare indeed. As I write this though the evening x37 has three on service. 684, 697 and 700. 696 is on the C134.

ANWP Tom

Yes, there was two of the inbound X26's that continued as 22's to Gyle, then returned on service to Foot o the Walk, what they did after that I don't know

Oh yeah remember them short 22s heading back now, from that location empty to marine or 25s would seem the logical next although they were formed of 26 branded vehicles quite a lot so maybe not

ANWP Tom

696 out on early morning 45s (06:20ish Abbeyhill bound for Riccarton) quick ride up to the bridges for my train to Glasgow. Still surprises me the nick they are in but the amount it seems to pop up on full day jobs compared to the other remaining ones does seem to hint at it being one of the better ones

Lothian_Bus

For those not from Edinburgh who may not be aware - this song about the Lothian Service 22 was released a couple of weeks ago.

sam120

Is one of the morning x31s operated by central? as i had a ride on the x31 and it was 767 that took me to my destination this morning.

Hophead

Established Member
Can't see why there should be controversy - the earlier post referred explicitly to enthusiasts - make a music video, or hide the anorak, and you should be fine.

Lothian_Bus

Is one of the morning x31s operated by central? as i had a ride on the x31 and it was 767 that took me to my destination this morning.
I wasn't aware that any were from Central but it may have happened as a one off today.

Lothian_Bus

I took a look at what was on the x31 this morning.

488, 960, 399, 902 and 903. All Marine vehicles.

There are 6 morning journeys so the one I didn't see could be Central operated.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Can't see why there should be controversy - the earlier post referred explicitly to enthusiasts - make a music video, or hide the anorak, and you should be fine.

It was more the fact that they are trying to claim photos/videos of the interior put a risk to the safety of the vehicle... But anyway!

ejstubbs

I've noticed a new contactless reader on the number 4 these past couple of days. Could this just possibly be the herald of a new era of contactless payment on Lothian Buses? Be still my beating heart...

(Having just returned from a long weekend in That London, where the only time I used cash was to tip waiting staff and doormen, Lothian Buses suddenly feels very 20th century compared to TfL.)

Status
Not open for further replies.