• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adx

From my own experience, the internal list seems to have averaged around 18 people a month starting since Christmas.

MXT

36 more with training booked so down to 52 internals
Curious as to your source of information - this seems to be very precise. Will all the internal be trained and then straight on to the externals?

KCJones

Curious as to your source of information - this seems to be very precise. Will all the internal be trained and then straight on to the externals?

TfL via FOI, easy ask them and they will tell ya takes seconds !!

Jon1993

I have passed up to interview stage as an external until the process was put on hold - I have put in an FOI request to ask how many others are in the holding pattern - specific to me as in passed the first stage
It’s really interesting to see the numbers now going through training although I am still unsure of the internal / external divide
I also understand there is an update coming out August
I hope it does as the promised Jan one never came out
I am still really excited about the role and hopefully any updates will keep everyone motivated despite the slow down
As KC Jones says the FOI requests are so easy to do and TFL are perfectly cool with them
The process is long and hard so my advice is just ask and here’s hoping August will bring us all answers

Jon1993

Just to share my FOI reply - it’s out there on the public domain so not a secret
There are 51 candidates in the ‘waiting interview’ stage - ie passed first stages
Looking forward to the August update

Jon1993

Oh my!!

interesting that ‘only’ 3 externals passed AC/2 at the date of the request

Hoping it’s because the mix going to AC/2 was more internals rather than externals finding it more difficult to get through

We answered

TfL Ref: FOI-0162-1920

Thank you for your request received by Transport for London (TfL) on 15th April 2019 asking for information about the recruitment of Night Tube train operators.

Your request has been considered in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act and our information access policy. I can confirm that we hold some of the information you require.

Your questions are answered in turn below. Note that the correct reference for this recruitment campaign was 026620.

Question 1) how many people applied (internal and external)?

Answer: There were 10,291 applications (1489 internal and 8802 external).

Question 2) how many people passed assessments stage 1 (internal and external)?

Answer: 471 candidates passed AC1 (369 internal and 102 external).

Question 3) how many people passed assessments stage 2 AC2 (internal and external).

Answer: 196 candidates passed AC2 (193 internal and 3 external).

Question 4) how many of the hired people have so far completed the training and how many have not yet started training?

Answer: 115 have not yet started training. We do not have an exact record of how many people have completed the training, as once on the training programme people from different recruitment campaigns can be trained together, and the training team do not keep a record of which campaign each trainee was recruited from. Given the overall numbers referenced above (and noting that 191 people were ultimately hired), then the maximum number of people currently in training or who have completed training is 76, although the actual figure could be less than this if any people have since left TfL.

6) What is the current waiting list?

Answer: 115.

adx

Just a heads up, apparently they are opening this for recruitment again in September.

Jon1993

I don’t want to be that annoying person on HRs case - has anyone had an end of August update?

jellybabyj

I just been emailed asking my current notice period and fill out new health questionnaire as there some training come up

KCJones

Had this come today

Thank you for your patience whilst we wait for training slots to become available. You are currently on our Night Tube Train Operator waitlist.

We are now seeing some small movement with the waitlist, however the business have provided us with very limited training places until the New Year.

We are committed to ensuring that you receive regular updates and messages from our Recruitment team so look out for their emails.

KCJones

I just been emailed asking my current notice period and fill out new health questionnaire as there some training come up

Great news ! How long have you waited must be over 2yrs ?

Seems the waiting list figures TFL gave out on the FOIs in June have dropped a lot since then !

Jon1993

Thanks for updates

Don’t want to be too much of a moaner but I do wish there was some sort of cross on their calendar that meant - in six months time we will send out that update we promised

I have chased the Feb and the Aug reminders and probably been marked down as Mr Annoying

Jon1993

Got an email saying the process is resuming - no mention of how long the list is but at least it’s progress

Status
Not open for further replies.