• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jellytots898

Why are weekends more draining than weekdays. Plus you only do two day's a week for a full time salary.

I'm unsure where I said I was complaining about the salary or the amount of days that I do. My personal circumstances makes the night shift work more draining. no where have I said I don't like my role nor that I am not lucky to have the position so many are desperate for.

baz962

Established Member
I'm unsure where I said I was complaining about the salary or the amount of days that I do. My personal circumstances makes the night shift work more draining. no where have I said I don't like my role nor that I am not lucky to have the position so many are desperate for.

And neither did I say you were complaining . Just stating a fact . Plus was wondering why weekend night's are more draining than weekdays night's .

Jellytots898

And neither did I say you were complaining . Just stating a fact . Plus was wondering why weekend night's are more draining than weekdays night's .

I didn't say there was a difference between weekend nights and weekday nights there's a difference between working day shifts than working nights be it two days or not. Like I said it's frustrating being told 12-18months to then be told 3-4 years. I'm grateful for my role its just harder now than when I first started circumstances change

baz962

Established Member
I didn't say there was a difference between weekend nights and weekday nights there's a difference between working day shifts than working nights be it two days or not. Like I said it's frustrating being told 12-18months to then be told 3-4 years. I'm grateful for my role its just harder now than when I first started circumstances change

Ah , fair enough. Just that your post said that weekend work is so draining , rather than night's.

KCJones

12 Months and the rest, they've still got to get all the internals on their waiting list through. We need them to open a couple of Night Tube Lines.

Jon1993

I am not even on the waiting list - passed everything up to the interview stage - not officially heard what’s happening - was told we would get an update end Jan
I am happy to wait as the role is a really exciting opportunity but wish it wasn’t such an extended process

See the other lines might come on in 2023 - that’s a long wait!!

Would be really interested to understand the internal / external routes and is there still internal recruitment

Would hate to be offloaded out the process

Jon1993

There’s ‘a review in Feb’ - last few updates were done as promised - maybe they forgot they said we would be updated end Jan

jellybabyj

Tempted to pull out of the wait list can’t wait much longer tbh they should of never advertised the roles if they new this situation would happen it not fair on any of us

Jon1993

What would help is how the process works
External v internal
It’s not a competition but clarity would be fair

Jellytots898

Out of interest anyone been called up for night tube I've heard there are some going through training at the moment?

Halfway Boy

I have not heard of any further planned recruitment.

Tbh I personally don’t think there will ever be another external campaign after the current waiting lists are exhausted - there is sufficient internal interest that to run one would be a breach of TOPRA.

KCJones

I might get round to doing a FOI and get some figures off them, be interesting to see.

Halfway Boy

I might get round to doing a FOI and get some figures off them, be interesting to see.

If you know anyone who works for LU just get to them ask on yammer what the current waitlists are, ops resourcing are on there and usually get back to questions within a day or so.

I would offer to do it but I don’t link my work self to any of my online activity - different usernames, throwaway emails, etc.

Jon1993

By whom, if I can ask?
I called the number - even though I was told there was ‘no need’ I called as I had been expecting a late Jan update
I was told nothing had changed and they would have more news August - it sounded more encouraging mind

Mikel

I called the number - even though I was told there was ‘no need’ I called as I had been expecting a late Jan update
I was told nothing had changed and they would have more news August - it sounded more encouraging mind
I sure hope so......would love to start training this year

Griffsam

Hello, I have been following this thread for some time now and I am like some of the contributors here on the waiting list as an external, my question is; with the wait to start training taking so long to come around, if we applied to a different role within TFL, and were successful, would we then be placed on the internal list ? Just a thought.

Mikel

Good morning people, I've got some some-what-good-news! The Internals are starting their training in August! A person whom I work with has a partner that works at Tfl in another capacity. This person is number 50 on the Internals waiting list for the Part time, night time, tube operator roll. They got a message from the recruitment team to inform their current manager to hand in their notice in July because they have given him a training date for the 1st August.

I can't remember how many people are on the Internal waiting list (It's in the thread a few pages back) but hopefully they can clear it soon then start on us poor souls on the External waiting list!! I believe I'm number 56 or somewhere around that mark. Hopefully we can start towards the end of the year.

Last edited:

oz220

Hello, I have been following this thread for some time now and I am like some of the contributors here on the waiting list as an external, my question is; with the wait to start training taking so long to come around, if we applied to a different role within TFL, and were successful, would we then be placed on the internal list ? Just a thought.

Unlikely, unless you are employed by them and have signed t+c’s already.

KCJones

With 152 Night Tube Ops needing to move to get more into training the old waiting list must be on it's 2nd Birthday by now :cake:

Jon1993

It would be interesting to know how many of the full time vacancies are filled by night time drivers and if there is a similar wait for them

Status
Not open for further replies.