• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooochoooo

Just got my unsuccessful at ac1 email today :cry::cry: I thought that I had done pretty well, but oh well. Good luck to those still in the process

Hi out of interest when did you do ac1? I did it on 29th april and im still waiting to hear back

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tron81

Hopefully the rest of us will officially find out our fate by the end of today

PudseyBearHST

Certainly hope so- I'm refreshing my email page every 10 minutes. Does anyone what the subject line of the email from LU will be if successful or if unsuccessful?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In my AC1 here was an internal candidate (CSA) who did the test. They keep internals separate but he got to do it that day for some reason. I'm saying this to say they are recruiting both inside and out so yeah competition must be veryy high I guess. still hoping all you people waiting on outcomes are successful tho
An advert for full time T/Op (closed to internal staff) was also published recently, and the assessments are the same, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Lrd

Established Member
An advert for full time T/Op (closed to internal staff) was also published recently, and the assessments are the same, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
There was also a freeze on full time recruitment supposedly (as told by an RMT member so to be taken with a pinch of salt) so anyone going for full time would have had to try for part time instead if they wanted T/Op.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There was also a freeze on full time recruitment supposedly (as told by an RMT member so to be taken with a pinch of salt) so anyone going for full time would have had to try for part time instead if they wanted T/Op.
I know of a few people who applied and were offered the position, and have already started training.

Cadeby

I just called them as it's soul destroying waiting when you want something so much. They said they are waiting for hiring manager to decide final benchmark before we are all told. It has been escalated to highest level (I'm not sure what that means). Should be middle of next week.

It however still doesn't tell me if I am one of those a that is anywhere near as close to getting through or if I have no hope of a chance. From what I can gather nobody has been rejected from SJT yet.

I don't check my emails any more, just on here, as the first one of us to find out will post on here.

Sparrow

Exactly what they told me. Hope the calls they receive push them a little.
I will once once I hear anything either way

bluegoblin7

Established Member

There was a recruitment freeze for much of 2016. There is no longer a recruitment freeze. Many internal candidates went for the previous Night Tube campaign as a result. No doubt some will have gone through it this time too, but it won't be for the reasons of getting through to full time eventually.

As Mojo has already pointed out, many have already been offered and commenced training for full time, with others now being kept on ice due to the ridiculous situation engineered by the Unions for those too impatient to wait for full time to come out, meaning that Night Tube is once again proving a complete drain on the rest of the network. :roll:

Last edited:

chooochoooo

Interesting. I would be taking a paycut for this role,and having to get a second job.if im still in this position 4 years down the road then no thanks tfl. Living in london is not cheap

martin2345uk

Established Member
FINALLY got my official rejection email following the online SJT... kinda knew it was coming!

Good luck everyone else [emoji846]

chris11256

I've had nothing yet. Although checking the TFL jobs website it says my application was updated today. But I haven't had an email(and theres none showing under my application beyond the initial application ones).

Still have fingers crossed, although i'm not hopeful.

slidingdoors

I seriously doubt you were judged on the situational judgement test. It was just too easy / common sense IMHO. More likely previous lines of work I reckon. Or something even more random. I reckon what they told the people that called was lip service. Odd how those that emailed in weren't told that (just that there were a lot of people to get through).

slidingdoors

P.S I say the above having not heard / waiting for rejection myself.

Wonder how long it will take their servers to get through everyone!

Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
There was a recruitment freeze for much of 2016. There is no longer a recruitment freeze. Many internal candidates went for the previous Night Tube campaign as a result. No doubt some will have gone through it this time too, but it won't be for the reasons of getting through to full time eventually.

As Mojo has already pointed out, many have already been offered and commenced training for full time, with others now being kept on ice due to the ridiculous situation engineered by the Unions for those too impatient to wait for full time to come out, meaning that Night Tube is once again proving a complete drain on the rest of the network. :roll:
From what I understand, the people who have started their training were the ones who were offered full time before Night Tube was bought in and were held back. Now these have started their training, why should it be fair for part timers to be leapfrogged by others and essentially stuck doing part time for the foreseeable future?

When will you see that Night Tube is a busy well used service and manages to operate sufficiently as it is? It's not perfect but it was a whole new thing and we are working with the unions and management to overcome the few fairly minor issues.

chooochoooo

I seriously doubt you were judged on the situational judgement test. It was just too easy / common sense IMHO. More likely previous lines of work I reckon. Or something even more random. I reckon what they told the people that called was lip service. Odd how those that emailed in weren't told that (just that there were a lot of people to get through).

Agree.5000+ applicants they are not going to read everyones application properly IMHO. They probably only look for keywords from ur cv and cover letter before going into your suitablilty further. I was suprised for a job like this there wasnt even any questions to answer i the application form

Tron81

FINALLY got my official rejection email following the online SJT... kinda knew it was coming!

Good luck everyone else [emoji846]

Whaaaat... dammit sorry to hear. I guess I have to wait till next week to hear about my sjt. Keep trying and conside the csa route.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
From what I understand, the people who have started their training were the ones who were offered full time before Night Tube was bought in and were held back. Now these have started their training, why should it be fair for part timers to be leapfrogged by others and essentially stuck doing part time for the foreseeable future?

When will you see that Night Tube is a busy well used service and manages to operate sufficiently as it is? It's not perfect but it was a whole new thing and we are working with the unions and management to overcome the few fairly minor issues.

So I used Night Tube tonight. I saw less than 50 people all night. I saw no staff, and I saw many barriers left open. I saw lots of vomit, lots of vandalism, and lots of people who were a danger to themselves and others. This tallies with everything I have seen whilst working Night Tube, and that of pretty much every member of staff I've spoken to (including staff who work just Night Tube).

The people who have started training are people who passed the most recent campaign; one is my best friend who is currently road training. Another close friend passed the latest campaign but is now on ice because of the farce that is Night Tube recruitment. Both of these have been with the company for a number of years. How is that fair? It's not.

If Night Tube operators are so keen to work full time, they should have taken he same route that the vast majority of others take: through CSA, get the grounding and knowledge and then move up. Night Tube was recruited on a part time basis and frankly the company are silly to have backed down on that point. It is inherently fair that the part timers are "leapfrogged" on that basis. These are people who *specifically did not* apply for Night Tube because they wanted full time work and could be patient in waiting for it, not trying to game the system like the vast majority of NT operators.

Anyway. We're never going to see eye-to-eye on this, so I will leave this here.

Tron81

So I used Night Tube tonight. I saw less than 50 people all night. I saw no staff, and I saw many barriers left open. I saw lots of vomit, lots of vandalism, and lots of people who were a danger to themselves and others. This tallies with everything I have seen whilst working Night Tube, and that of pretty much every member of staff I've spoken to (including staff who work just Night Tube).

The people who have started training are people who passed the most recent campaign; one is my best friend who is currently road training. Another close friend passed the latest campaign but is now on ice because of the farce that is Night Tube recruitment. Both of these have been with the company for a number of years. How is that fair? It's not.

If Night Tube operators are so keen to work full time, they should have taken he same route that the vast majority of others take: through CSA, get the grounding and knowledge and then move up. Night Tube was recruited on a part time basis and frankly the company are silly to have backed down on that point. It is inherently fair that the part timers are "leapfrogged" on that basis. These are people who *specifically did not* apply for Night Tube because they wanted full time work and could be patient in waiting for it, not trying to game the system like the vast majority of NT operators.

Anyway. We're never going to see eye-to-eye on this, so I will leave this here.

So the current night tube drivers are jumping the que to get a full time role? Or they are on hold to allow csa through?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Night Tube drivers are not jumping the queue, they are now able to accept a nomination to go full time after a shorter period of time than previous, in order to fill a vacancy. This benefits the company in that there's already a group of staff ready to go to cover full time immediately without the need for training should they stay on the same line, to plug the massive gaps in the daytime service which has been really struggling because before the groups that started to pass out in the last fortnight, we didn't have any newbies in over a year.

Tron81

Night Tube drivers are not jumping the queue, they are now able to accept a nomination to go full time after a shorter period of time than previous, in order to fill a vacancy. This benefits the company in that there's already a group of staff ready to go to cover full time immediately without the need for training should they stay on the same line, to plug the massive gaps in the daytime service which has been really struggling because before the groups that started to pass out in the last fortnight, we didn't have any newbies in over a year.

Wow, this may have been asked earlier but are night drivers allowed to cover day duties in the week providing it doesn't clash with there rest requirements to do nights on the weekend?

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Wow, this may have been asked earlier but are night drivers allowed to cover day duties in the week providing it doesn't clash with there rest requirements to do nights on the weekend?

No they're not. LU drivers cannot do any voluntary overtime. Base hours only.

AJirde

No they're not. LU drivers cannot do any voluntary overtime. Base hours only.
Still waiting, misuse failed SJT!!

Also, one of the main reason am applying is the part time nature, full time detrimental to my work life balance, so no thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.