• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSegat

I' not gonna lie but if I dont get this job I'll be gutted, I dont think I've wanted a job more than this.
The part I dont get is why they'd make you wait that long.
I'm no longer as confident as I was before.
I hope that you get it. Because I'm feeling exactly as you said. I worked as CSA on Sao Paulo Underground for 5 years. I don't get the waiting too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGreatISA

Hey guys I got the call today. I done my AC2 last week Tuesday and within 4 working days they've offered me the job!
Buzzing! Hopefully for those waiting it's good news.

MMC87

Hey guys I got the call today. I done my AC2 last week Tuesday and within 4 working days they've offered me the job!
Buzzing! Hopefully for those waiting it's good news.
Congratulations.nice one.
What time did they call you?
I had a missed call from withheld number about 4ish, I missed it was the only time I've put the phone down today. I'm hoping it was them.

TheGreatISA

They called me at 3pm from a private number. So chances are they might try calling you again tomorrow.

RandomGuy

Hey guys, I got the call too today. Called me around 16:50. No training dates available though but have to complete the usual pre employment stuff.

MMC87 hopefully they call u back tomorrow and I'm sure it's goods news as rejections get emails.

MMC87

I checked my email about 7ish and I had an email from tfl waiting for me,I assumed the worst.it turns out I got the job:D

I can't thank you guys enough and I also can't help feel sorry for all those who never made it,over the years I've had more than my fair share of failure so trust me I know exactly how you feel. Hopefully your luck will change. Mine did.

Good luck to all those waiting for results/assessment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171204-230557.jpg
    Screenshot_20171204-230557.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 64

jellybabyj

Got my medical on the 19th from
The email is it in just one place as I read that people
Been sent to two places

Mikel

I checked my email about 7ish and I had an email from tfl waiting for me,I assumed the worst.it turns out I got the job:D

I can't thank you guys enough and I also can't help feel sorry for all those who never made it,over the years I've had more than my fair share of failure so trust me I know exactly how you feel. Hopefully your luck will change. Mine did.

Congratulations. I'm hoping to receive this email sometime in the next few days.

DARK CHOC

Anyone got their medical next week? I heard it consists of a 2 hour examination? What do they do?

Salesy

Anyone got their medical next week? I heard it consists of a 2 hour examination? What do they do?

Prostate exam, penile swab, beep test...

Nah, just kidding. You do eyesight (including colour vision) and hearing tests, pee in a cup for the drugs/alcohol screening, get measured (height only) and weighed, and talk through your medical form with the doctor.

I may have missed something out but that’s pretty much it.

DARK CHOC

Prostate exam, penile swab, beep test...

Nah, just kidding. You do eyesight (including colour vision) and hearing tests, pee in a cup for the drugs/alcohol screening, get measured (height only) and weighed, and talk through your medical form with the doctor.

I may have missed something out but that’s pretty much it.
Lol I read the first sentence and readjusted myself on my chair to read properly..then I saw the ' just kidding' looool I did laugh...thanks

RandomGuy

They called me at 3pm from a private number. So chances are they might try calling you again tomorrow.

you guys get dates for medical?

jellybabyj

You normally get medical after back round checks are done from what I heard from people I no I am near the top of the list for training date but not sure how many go in to a group for training.

TheGreatISA

Not had my medical dates come through yet. Chances are I might get emailed about it tomorrow or come Monday.
Any idea when training might be?

oz220

Received a missed call and then email to arrange my medical. Sadly no dates until after Xmas now.

But looking forward to start training early next year.

baz962

Established Member
I wonder when it will go up I will be checking tfl site daily now.

Jetlagged

Thanks so much Jambo. Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel after all. No pun intended. After the massive response to the last public campaign, I never imagined they would undertake another and certainly not so soon. Great news.

baz962

Established Member
Thanks so much Jambo. Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel after all. No pun intended. After the massive response to the last public campaign, I never imagined they would undertake another and certainly not so soon. Great news.
Did it say a date I have clicked on the link, but cannot see anything about dates.

Lrd

Established Member
Couldn't say really. 2016 intake was in-between Christmas and New year's eve 2015. 2017 intake was March time...

Lrd

Established Member
There'll be a lot of talk on this thread when it does open

chris11256

Definitely applying when applications open. First time round I failed at stage 2(Don't know for certain, but I suspect 1 or 2 of my interview answers were weak). Second time around I couldn't make any of the assessment dates, as I'd ran out of annual leave.

You know what they say, third time is the charm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.