• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New GWR Trainee Driver Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the same boat as you WishfulThinker...just I'm 3 weeks this Thursday.... They did say it could be 4 weeks until we find out if we have passed or failed though... By reviewing the pass email in under an hour I'd assumed that the 4 week clock was now void.

A fair assumption, I was planning to leave it another 2 or 3 weeks before I made any enquiries.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ewie13

You never know it could all be bloody Brexit related same as everything else. I am currently in construction, mainly rail and highways and a fair amount of projects are on hold or slowing down due to funding uncertainty.....

beany

I've still not had any response after doing the online tests.
Anyone else in the same boat ?

beany

I Called them up after my last post,was told I had passed online tests but they were working through phone interviews for internal applicants first then processing externals,but I would be informed by email.nothing for me yet.

Validation

Had an e-mail at the start of the week about getting through to the Telephone interview.. went to book and it said no available dates or times!!

So I would suggest that if you have not yet heard anything, expect it soon.

beany

Got the email also,but luckily there were 4 or 5 slots to choose from.
First availible was 25th July.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous already.
Going camping for a few days so will be having the interview whilst away.
I really want to get to the classroom tests to give it my best shot.
My present job is getting me down so it would be the perfect time to start new.
Will they give you another slot validation ?
Good luck to everyone at this stage.

Ewie13

At least the ball is rolling again, I was starting to get concerned. I am one of the few who already passed the telephone interview and waiting to get options for the assessment centre. Good luck to everyone with the phone interviews.

KOA

I had my telephone interview with GWR this morning and even though I was told I would receive an email within 4 weeks to find out if I have been success. I got an email through stating that I've been successful and will be invited to the assessment process. Having failed on my last test before my interview with MTR Crossrail last year, I'm excited about this opportunity and hopefully wont fail this time round.

beany

I had my telephone interview and got an email a couple of hours later saying I'd passed,great relief !
But it then said only the highest scoring would be asked to come to the next stage.
Did your mail say that KOA ?

KOA

Yes Beany my email said that. That's sounds a bit uncertain so don't really know how to take that. Hopefully we are in the bracket and are called fairly soon.

leomartin125

Just give up with GWR, they are a bunch of useless morons who couldn't employ a duck if they wanted to. That's my stand on it. Waste of time, they are wasting my time now.

Economist

I've noticed on the candidate profile page it asked for a photo, have people added one. The reason I ask is that I haven't had a professional portrait or anything like that done, I do of course have pictures of me in a shirt but these tend to be "selfies" for the LinkedIn world.

Sprinter153

Just give up with GWR, they are a bunch of useless morons who couldn't employ a duck if they wanted to. That's my stand on it. Waste of time, they are wasting my time now.

I would watch what you're saying particularly in light of your other thread in which you've said enough to identify you. The good people of Swindon do watch these forums and you're coming across as a very poor choice....

Amex88

Do not give up hope guys. Don't forget how many candidates there are. They are really busy, it just takes time. It will happen eventually guys. Just keep going and it will kick in!

HAMU83

Hi All...congrats to all those who passed theor last test.
I had my Tel Interview yesterday but unlike some of you dint receive any email so guessing no luck this time. Thought I'll share to get answers ?

Regards & all the best for your next test

It is hard to not get frustrated. I spent 10 months on hold last year to be told there was no vacancies and so far I've been on hold for 3 months this year. You've just gotta get on with your life and hope an email comes out of the blue. One day it will come :)

Ewie13

It is hard to not get frustrated. I spent 10 months on hold last year to be told there was no vacancies and so far I've been on hold for 3 months this year. You've just gotta get on with your life and hope an email comes out of the blue. One day it will come :)

What stage have they held you at this time around?

Economist

Had mine recently, actually quite tough because it was squeezed into fifteen minutes. Thought I'd stuffed it to be honest but I've managed to somehow secure a pass.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I entirely forgot to say last week when I found out so apologies.
Anyway I have got to an assessment centre in Swindon in 2 weeks time.
Things are moving!

Ewie13

There seems to be a lot of us in that position, I've only seen 1 post (Wishfulthinker) speaking about the next stage. Fingers crossed anyway.

beany

Anyone else had any news on getting to classroom test stage ?
I'm still waiting.

Ewie13

Anyone else had any news on getting to classroom test stage ?
I'm still waiting.

Complete radio silence since receiving the "You've passed the telephone interview" email, on the 2nd June.

Took the assessment on Tuesday, had the dreaded email today, my feeling at the time was that I had binned the computer assessments so I'm not surprised, have emailed asking for feedback but if I'm honest I'm a little down about it.
I felt I prepared as well as I could for the paper tests but I couldn't find anything suitable for the multimedia, if anyone knows of some practice software I would love to know.
Good luck to the rest of you, the internals at the assessment reckoned there are up to 100 positions to fill. Mostly Oxford if that helps.

Where did you apply wishful? I'm an internal and applied for reading and passed the phone interview at the start of May and I've heard nothing since :(

For the computerised tests I think that playing computer games could help with your reactions, perceptions and hand-eye coordination. It sounds a bit unbelievable lol, but as a gamer all my life I feel I would do very well on the computer tests. Also I'm currently a bus driver with First and I being on the roads all day definitely improves your perception and reaction abilities, especially most over road users suffer from beat the bus syndrome :D

Last edited:

Mightyirons77

Hello all . Anyone heard from the powers that be about anything after the telephone interview ????

Status
Not open for further replies.