• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Pole International

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
This has become a regular feature every year. Always raises a smile on me. :D

Merry Christmas yo all.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Isn't it always traditional for one (operational!) station to be omitted from it? Can't see it so far.

fgwrich

Established Member
Do they normally put that the service has a guard?

Should be fine as last long as it's not operated by Southern then!

As it's starting from North Pole, will it Father Christmas be borrowing a Eurostar or IEP set? Can't see one of the electrostars doing it, or there would be a trail of fallen door buttons left all over the country! :lol:

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
A seasoned Southern train planner included in the Weekly Operating Notice circa 1970 a schedule for a 24/12 engineers train a similar train "load - 1 sleigh , to work in possession
at North Pole Junction.

Trouble is a few grinches - probably the Divisional Civil Engineer - to whose budget the train was "charged" took a dim view.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Would this show up on the PIDs on any of the stations?

Nah it's inserted by the owner of RTT so it doesn't come from an internal industry system. Though it's not uncommon to see station staff putting up silly messages and (obviously) fake services around now on their stations along similar lines to the linked!

anti-pacer

Established Member
I've just seen this on RTT and was about to post the link...

...but seems I've been beaten to it. :D

It made me laugh anyway.

Class 66's

Hovering over the Guard, produces the mouseover text of, 'He needs all the help he can get'.
Very good.

Merry Christmas to you all, and Happy New Year.

kevconnor

It even calls at Denton, having worked in the vicinity of the station for the past few months I can save Santa the time and let him know that many of the folk of Denton haven't been so good this year.

Christ it's even stopping at Moston, this must be the post truth version of santa.

GB

Established Member
Nah it's inserted by the owner of RTT so it doesn't come from an internal industry system. Though it's not uncommon to see station staff putting up silly messages and (obviously) fake services around now on their stations along similar lines to the linked!

I'm sure I've seen it in internal systems before.

LeylandLen

At least there are no diversions for all the Engineering work being done cross the Network by Network Rail . I hope ALL the people working for them on Xmas Day get a suitable reward from Mr S Claus . I hear a figure for all the workers, think it was 24,000 ??

12CSVT

Established Member
How does it get through the engineering possession at Paddington ?

Suraggu

Fortunately after months of negotiations between the unions and Santa the train will be RDOO (Reindeer Only Operated) with Santa taking a non safety critical position.

Status
Not open for further replies.