• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground/Crossrail takeover of Greater Anglia inners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Classic last week when a 'drunk' was trespassing on tracks & stopping trains on the throat just outside the station. Cue the abuse on social media that AGA where solely to blame as staff let him through etc etc. No mention that it is also a NR managed station but it turned out this utter fool had arrived on a C2C (they are the best TOC ever of course) service from Grays & when unable to rouse him, the crew went to get assistance when he wandered off :roll::roll::roll:

Dave1987

On Moderation
Classic last week when a 'drunk' was trespassing on tracks & stopping trains on the throat just outside the station. Cue the abuse on social media that AGA where solely to blame as staff let him through etc etc. No mention that it is also a NR managed station but it turned out this utter fool had arrived on a C2C (they are the best TOC ever of course) service from Grays & when unable to rouse him, the crew went to get assistance when he wandered off :roll::roll::roll:

The only good thing about that is is the more complete rubbish they tweet the less the powers that be will pay any attention to them. Amazing how many drivers they have found who know and care about a fitters overtime ban and will gladly them all about it. I really really want to see where this magic wand it that MTR/Crossrail are hiding that will suddenly make the metros run perfectly over night. Then again according to that group simply the fact they are not going to be run by Abellio automatically means it will be better and anything than does go wrong will be Abellios fault in some way :roll:

Seven Sisters station is after the bridge over the GOBLIN, it's shown as before on that LO map. Obviously the maps aren't geographically accurate but they should at least be railway line accurate!

Have had a better look at the LO route map and the ELL central section is portrayed as being to the east of the WA line from Liverpool Street, crossing over before Dalston Jcn. Very badly done.

greatkingrat

Established Member
From a passengers point of view, where lines cross in real life is irrelevant. There are similar examples on the existing tube map, eg Bow Church should be east of Bow Road, the DC line into Euston should be north of St Johns Wood.

D365

Veteran Member

Approaching February 2012 and the start of the current franchise, was not everyone pleased to see the back of NXEA and welcoming AGA with open arms? That's certainly how I remember it, until the hostilities inevitably resumed.

Class 170101

Established Member
Does anyone know why it doesn't have a connector to South Tottenham?

There is a line between Seven Sisters and South Tottenham, its juts not used by passenger trains (except for the once a week parliamentary service).

JaJaWa

Established Member
There is a line between Seven Sisters and South Tottenham, its juts not used by passenger trains (except for the once a week parliamentary service).

Sorry I mean interchange connector! It surely makes sense.

ScotGG

Established Member
Approaching February 2012 and the start of the current franchise, was not everyone pleased to see the back of NXEA and welcoming AGA with open arms? That's certainly how I remember it, until the hostilities inevitably resumed.

Of course when something disliked is replaced many are optimistic, but most passengers didn't realise the franchise system gave such a short term award and so long term planning was never going to occur. This is different of course as long term plans and investment can now proceed.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As for Metro, in my experience there's been no difference between NatEx and AGA. Neither of them seemed to spend any money on stations or trains.
I'm not sure what TfL will do any different, except splash some paint about and have some staff around.

New trains, staffing so fare evasion drops substantially and the railway is safer, cleaner and better stations, and tempting many away from congested roads.

Apart from those four big improvements, then nothing I suppose.

Anyone doubting must not suffer many non-TfL London metro routes (way below what they are capable of) and never seen the utter transformation on LO routes since taken over.

dk1

Veteran Member

Exactly, funny isn't it? Many of these commuters are supposed to be quite inteligent people so why not blame the DfT for franchise delays & lack of joined up thinking?

387star

On Moderation
When are 360s receiving new seat covers will shut up the aga complaints twitter feed

AM9

Veteran Member
Exactly, funny isn't it? Many of these commuters are supposed to be quite inteligent people so why not blame the DfT for franchise delays & lack of joined up thinking?

Presumably they look up to the cast of TOWIE.

dk1

Veteran Member
When are 360s receiving new seat covers will shut up the aga complaints twitter feed

Should appear very soon. I doubt they will be happy for long knowing that the INTERCITY trains frequently passing them have Wifi & plug sockets at almost every seat ;)

387star

On Moderation
Should appear very soon. I doubt they will be happy for long knowing that the INTERCITY trains frequently passing them have Wifi & plug sockets at almost every seat ;)

But livery and other pink or green internal schemes remaining

What about 317/6 and the promised small 321 refurb

EM2

Established Member
New trains, staffing so fare evasion drops substantially and the railway is safer, cleaner and better stations, and tempting many away from congested roads.

Apart from those four big improvements, then nothing I suppose.

Anyone doubting must not suffer many non-TfL London metro routes (way below what they are capable of) and never seen the utter transformation on LO routes since taken over.

When are the 315s going then? The whole reason I use LO, is because of the improved trains and more frequent service, neither of which will be coming to Forest Gate any time soon. The staffing is of much less importance by far (to me).

I shall clarify:
Improvements made to Wanstead Park under LO include - seating, lighting, public address, repainting, staffing from first to last train, new trains, more frequent service.
Forest Gate already has the first three, the next doesn't make a lot of difference, staffing is nice but I've never felt unsafe there, and the last two won't happen for a couple of years.
Sorry if I don't get mega-excited.

Last edited:

dk1

Veteran Member
But livery and other pink or green internal schemes remaining

What about 317/6 and the promised small 321 refurb

Sorry mate i only heard about the 360s & don't have any dealings with EMUs.

bicbasher

Established Member
When are the 315s going then? The whole reason I use LO, is because of the improved trains and more frequent service, neither of which will be coming to Forest Gate any time soon. The staffing is of much less importance by far (to me).

Class 345's will begin to be introduced on the 'TfL Rail' branded Liverpool St to Shenfield stoppers in May 2017. Two years later, Shenfield services will operate on the Crossrail core.

As Crossrail won't operate on the Shenfield Branch until 2019, there will be a phase when both Crossrail and TfL Rail brands will be used.

Last edited:

AM9

Veteran Member
Class 345's will begin to be introduced on the 'TfL Rail' branded Liverpool St to Shenfield stoppers in May 2017. Two years later, Shenfield services will operate on the Crossrail core.

As Crossrail won't operate on the Shenfield Branch until 2019, there will be a phase when both Crossrail and TfL Rail brands will be used.

So does that mean that the 345s will be physically branded TfLRail for a while and then change to Crossrail?

D365

Veteran Member
So does that mean that the 345s will be physically branded TfLRail for a while and then change to Crossrail?

In addition to this, will branding depend on how many units are allocated to Shenfield Metro in comparison to any other branches? As and when each route is connected to the core.

jon0844

Veteran Member

Almost every seat?

Clearly once some people realise not every seat has a socket, they'll be ranting at how pathetic a refurb the trains got, followed by more calls for Abellio to be stripped of the franchise.

bicbasher

Established Member
Exactly. So in the short-term, there'll be no difference.

Similar to the ex Silverlink NLL/WLL/DC services, however they did get Oyster PAYG before the majority of the NR network in London and increased staffing at stations.

In comparison to the Silverlink Metro area, the new trains will be ready in two years, which is less time than the 378's being introduced.

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I don't get why Romford Upminster is LO surely it wouldave made more sense to make it part of crossrail rather than have one random overground train there.

Unless you are going to provide a through service to Upminster on Crossrail, which I understand is not feasible as well as not desired, it would surely confuse the travelling public to have a Romford-Upminster shuttle branded as Crossrail. The train traveller from Grays, say, on hearing an announcement at Upminster 'change here for Crossrail' might not be too pleased to change and wait again at Romford when they can just change at Whitechapel to get to the West End. All trains from Shenfield are scheduled through to at least Westbourne Park, as are those from Abbey Wood, barring some depot runs at the beginning and end of the day, presumably, so Crossrail would be a misnomer for a shuttle.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member

A recent TfL board paper stated that the Crossrail service from Liverpool St HL to Shenfield starts in May 2017. As it is now a permanent part of the Crossrail service with 6 tph in the peak I don't see why the Crossrail 345s cannot use Crossrail livery at that stage.

(The same board paper describes the interim TfL Rail livery and is linked in a couple of earlier threads on this subject.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.