Paddington Station 24/7 - Channel 5

Discussion in 'Memorabilia, Media & Publications' started by GodAtum, 25 Sep 2017.

1. hexagon789

hexagon789 Established Member

Tonight'sepisode was quite interesting from the almost spy thriller hype with the roof trespasser to the failed EMU.

Is it wrong of me to chuckle about the IET failing to beat the Paddington-Reading timing set by an HST in 1988? ;)

2. Dhassell

Dhassell Member

As they mentioned, There are alot more speed restrictions now then there was. I expect the slow 40mph and then 50mph crawl out of Paddington probably was the reason they failed, considering the limit used to be 100mph from Royal Oak years ago.

3. Mag_seven

Mag_seven Established Member

Progress. :(

4. hexagon789

That and ATP interventions.

5. LondonJohn

LondonJohn Member

Just caught up on Episodes 2 and 3 and it’s a bit alarming that the security seems to be pretty lax/nobody knows or claims to know what is happening.

Whilst this is clearly pre the Salisbury incident, the way that they treated the unknown chemical situation was a farce treating it like a pile of dogs mess that you don’t want to get on your shoes.

As it was genuine, surely someone somewhere should be able to say oh yes I put that there for xxxx.

Secondly the roof intruder. Was he or was he not staff, again station manager not initially knowing if the second person was staff.

If it was a terrorist with a bomb chemical or otherwise the effects could Unthinkable. On an equally sad note the tv presenter Mark Speight committed suicide on the roof of Paddington. Makes a mockery of see it say it sorted as it’s like an episode of Keystone Cops with these 2scenarios.

6. Requeststop

Requeststop Member

They keep mentioning the "Western Route". I suppose that is the route out of Paddington and the 'Eastern Route' are the lines into Paddington. I know I'm totally wrong. Are they meaning the 'Western' routes in and out of London?

7. hexagon789

I assume they mean most of the GWR system as they mention "the Great Western route to Bristol, the West Country and South Wales".

8. ShwervinMervin

ShwervinMervin Member

Not been watching that! Need to...

9. hexagon789

Should be available on Demand 5 ;)

10. GodAtum

GodAtum Established Member

Looking forward to next week's royal cock-up. I bet that wouldnt happen to the Queen!

11. GodAtum

GodAtum Established Member

I wonder what gift he gt from the Princess?

12. rebmcr

rebmcr Established Member

I am quite disappointed in the lack of mental health assistance messages during the section dealing with the fatality.

Given the in-depth nature of the segment, I reckon a small static message at the bottom of the screen throughout the whole thing would have been appropriate — but not even a message on the credits nor advert breaks!

13. transmanche

transmanche Established Member

There was a voiceover during the end credits on the live broadcast.

14. rebmcr

rebmcr Established Member

Ah, then unfortunately the My5 web stream is lagging behind the broadcast's capability. :(

15. alxndr

alxndr Member

My5 either takes a while to show subtitles or they aren't available, which I find frustrating as I much prefer watching with subtitles when I can. BBC iPlayer manages to display subtitles immediately after upload in my experience.