Priv Oyster

Mag_seven

Established Member
Associate Staff
General Discussion
Ah, that makes sense. I read the Hot Issues bulletin and it's basically as per the RDG brief, along with the step by step procedure for doing it while maintaining social distancing.
So is the actual procedure they invoke when they log into the ticket machine the same or different? Could you PM me a copy of the Hot Issues bulletin as I would like to take a copy along with me to show the staff if they don't know what to do?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So is the actual procedure they invoke when they log into the ticket machine the same or different? Could you PM me a copy of the Hot Issues bulletin as I would like to take a copy along with me to show the staff if they don't know what to do?
I must admit as I said above I can’t see what is different about the “new” procedure compared to the “old” one, aside from social distancing and having the customer handle their own Oyster rather than staff member.

greyman42

Established Member
I must admit as I said above I can’t see what is different about the “new” procedure compared to the “old” one, aside from social distancing and having the customer handle their own Oyster rather than staff member.
When i had my Oyster updated there did not appear to be any difference in the procedure and the member of staff handled all my cards.

Mag_seven

Established Member
Associate Staff
General Discussion
Ah OK :)

When i had my Oyster updated there did not appear to be any difference in the procedure and the member of staff handled all my cards.
Can I ask you at what station you got it updated?

I updated mine atEuston a week ago. Member of staff didn’t touch the cards (visual check of card numbers etc) but other than that, the same procedure as previous years.
All painless & done in quick time.

Mag_seven

Established Member
Associate Staff
General Discussion
Managed to get my Oyster card updated at Paddington. Thanks to all who have recorded their experiences. (and to @RJ for looking into the TfL Intranet).