• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Priv Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom C

I think with the sleeper its the other way around. PRIV is valid for the berths but is not valid on the Caledonian Sleeper in the seated section. I think you can use the First box pass in the seated section on the Cornish Riveria.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dan, regarding FCC and NXEA, yeah it is just Cambridge - Lynn that we're valid on although they're only 2-3 a day, although you do have the ex-Anglia Cambridge-Norwich as far as Ely too!

Also regarding EMT, I had previously been told, and had seen it written down that the agreement was Bedford-London only, however, I have further had it confirmed, that the residential agreement stretches over the entire network. Now, I'm not sure if this is the ex MML network, or the entire EMT network, but it is residential only.

Sleeper:
No Staff Travel Facilities may be used whatsoever in the seated portion of the Caledonian sleeper.
This does not apply to the FGW Night Riveria, where there much greater availability of seated accomodation.

dan_atki

Established Member
Ah thanks for clearing up about the sleepers - I'd assume that there is an 'E' in the facilities barred column for the Caledonian Sleeper then (being too lazy to check it now :oops:) - admittedly I checked ATOCs site but forgot to check that part!

Restriction A and E with the cavet that it only applies to Seated Accomodation though.

First class

Established Member
Avantix returns PRV fares for both seated and berths, one is CAL SLEEPER and the other is SCOTRAIL ONLY, the latter being seated.

SOR - ANYTIME R FSR
00094 - SCOTRAIL ONLY
Non-standard discounts apply
1 Adult @£ 23.75 = £ 23.75

Standard Class Return
To : 0433 GLASGOW CEN/QST

SOR - ANYTIME R
00345 - CAL SLEEPER

1 Adult @£ 40.50 = £ 40.50

Standard Class Return
To : 0433 GLASGOW CEN/QST

I have used PRV tickets on the sleeper before, regardless of restrictions and FSR staff have always been ok with that. RJIS also allows you to reserve a seat, (cant use the quickbook method though), on prv discount tickets.

I bet the staff don't even know the restriction exists.

Incidentally I now intend to use my ME Priv to go KIRKDALE-ORMSKIRK-PRESTON-BARROW-CARLISLE-HEXHAM-NEWCASTLE-MIDDLESBROUGH-DARLINGTON-(YORK)-LEEDS-SHEFFIELD-MANCHESTER-WARRINGTON-LIVERPOOL-KIRKDALE in a day all by Northern & Merseyrail... whether I can do it in a day- I don't know, but guess I can always get a cheap ticket home by another operator...

(If anyone knows any Northern routes which are really worth going on, but not really advertised much- it would be great...i've done S+C, Whitby and Cumbrian Coast...)

Has anyone else really used their travel facilities, i.e. doing the entire network? I done the ATW one, then XC came along and I did everything except Aberdeen... then went to Merseyrail...

Gizmogle

Established Member
Has anyone else really used their travel facilities, i.e. doing the entire network? I done the ATW one, then XC came along and I did everything except Aberdeen... then went to Merseyrail...
I'm working on it. almost 20,000 miles this year and my coverage is in my sig :)

First class

Established Member
Just been on your site gizmogle - very good :)

Take it you have a Northern PRIV then?

Also, how do you decide where you going to go? Everytime I go out for a wander, I just get random trains until it gets a bit late and head back...

Also liked that million number thing, I now own 507001...

Gizmogle

Established Member
No, I'm on a BR PRIV.

Most of the time I either go to see people, or go out on meets and stuff. Or sometimes I'll go out to get coverage. It's quite rare that I just go out randomly anymore.

1D53

Established Member
With a couple of exceptions I've done pretty much the whole Northern network this year!!

First class

Established Member
The EP-Helsby line is adopted by my rail user group- Ince & Elton keeps getting smashed up though :(

The one route I haven't done for the Northern network in the NW is the Summer Chester-Runcorn (Mainline) service over the Halton Curve... next train isn't due for a year :(

1D53

Established Member
All I'm missing this year is Ellesmere to Helsby, Newcastle to Chathill, Whitby and the Brigg line and maybe a few little bits. Pretty good to say its such a big network

First class

Established Member
All I'm missing this year is Ellesmere to Helsby, Newcastle to Chathill, Whitby and the Brigg line and maybe a few little bits. Pretty good to say its such a big network

Was the Chester-Runcorn train busy this year do you know? 0825 from Chester...

I really would go to Whitby in Winter, not as busy, and the landscape looks great. You may find yourself on a pacer though.

When have you done the Durham Coast or Tyne Valley line this year?

1D53

Established Member
ok and those two as well.... Still time! Will need Nottingham too!

t0ffeeman

Was looking at Avantix today and saw that there are some Priv Rate Advance tickets on NXEC flows. Anyone know any more...?

Gizmogle

Established Member
I'm not sure what that's about, but I know that you cannot buy advance tickets with a BR PRIV.

glynn80

Established Member
Was looking at Avantix today and saw that there are some Priv Rate Advance tickets on NXEC flows. Anyone know any more...?

Only ticket valid with PRIV discount are the following as the FRPP states:

FD, FO, EF
(only available if card is endorsed ‘First Class’)
75% adult
88% child (maximum £2.00)

SD, SO, EO.
75% adult
88% child (maximum £2.00)

FO (Route 345 - Caledonian Sleeper)
(only available if card is endorsed ‘First Class’)
75% adult only

SO (Route 345 - Caledonian Sleeper)
75% adult
88% child

Some Rover and Ranger products
see individual product entry

t0ffeeman

That's what I thought!
Ticket type is BPS or BXS. London - Edinburgh is only £3.95!! Restriction is GC

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That's what I thought!

There are loads of these, Virgin West Coast have some and so did Virgin XC, but these seem to have vanished under XC.

glynn80

Established Member
That's what I thought!

BPS and BXS are the cheapest and most expensive STD "Advance" fares sold by NXEC on their KGX to EDB flow

The discounts on the FRPP state the following under their conditions:

Standard Class: Child discounts, 16-25, Family & Friends, Senior, HM Forces and Disabled Persons Railcards discounts apply.

- First Class: Child discounts, Senior, HM Forces and Disabled Persons Railcards discounts apply. In addition a 16-25 Railcard discount is available on Advance tickets for First Class travel on CrossCountry, East Midlands Trains, First Great Western, National Express East Coast and Virgin Trains services.

Condition GC states:

Valid on National Express East Coast (TOC Code: XEC) and connecting services

Seat reservations are compulsory

This anomaly I can only assume is an oversight in the fares database. I doubt you'd ever actually be sold this ticket at any ticket office as most know the Priv rules seeing as they are Priv holders themselves.

Thewanderer

Established Member
Hi Guys,

In December I will be travelling from Gatwick Airport to London Victoria. Can anybody tell me the cost of a 1st Class Priv Single with Gatwick Express?

Thanks in advance.

The Wanderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.