• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem at Helsby today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting for the 0649 to Manchester Piccadilly this morning when the helpful signalman at Helsby advised that there had been an 'accident' on the track between Helsby and Chester. Train was delayed (as was the 0721 apparently) so most of the passengers left and made their own way to Manchester.
I later read that the delay was caused by animals on the track. I know services are now normal but is there any updates on what actually happened?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Erniescooper

175112 hit several cows in the Mickle Trafford area while working the 05:38 Chester-Manchester Picc .

Perhaps the Driver should have used his horn!
Seriously though I hope no-one was hurt. It was a bit inconvenient but no harm done.

GB

Established Member
You don't seriously think the driver wouldn't have done that?

Tomnick

Established Member
Nah, I think it was just an udderly terrible attempt at humour ;) .

MCR247

Established Member
Oh here we go, people milking the cow jokes :roll:

TDK

Established Member
Jokes apart, for a driver it is a traumatic experience hitting a cow as it could derail the train and the train will be travelling at 75mph at Mickle Trafford. I would expect tdriver would have had to check the front of the train also and it's not the sight but the smell that makes you chuck up. Not nice at all and from a personal experience I certainly do not envy the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.