• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Query regarding Victoria line 1967 stock and Metropolitan line A stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertclark125

Established Member
Aren't Bombardier trains designed to last around 12 months before needing to be refreshed/repaired/rebuilt? If one lasted that long, it's pretty impressive and maybe we should give them more contracts!!

Well when Bombardier made buses, epsecially the KD double deckers for CIE (now Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann), they had a habit of losing panels in the street, and boot lids failed to shut sometimes.......

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Both, believe it or not, have been "recycled" as it was apparently cheaper and easier to do this than to modify them to standard and as yet it is not known if the two replacement pairs will carry the same numbers as the originals or if they will be added on to the end of the numbering sequence.
It now looks like the last new trains will be 'new' T1 (11001-11002) & 'new' T2 (11003-11004), instead of numbering these as T47 & T48.

Crossforth

Established Member
It now looks like the last new trains will be 'new' T1 (11001-11002) & 'new' T2 (11003-11004), instead of numbering these as T47 & T48.

So this jist of it is that the original T1 and T2 will be scrapped and new ones will be built?

I assume the original T1 and T2 then were just prototypes?

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
So this jist of it is that the original T1 and T2 will be scrapped and new ones will be built?

1) Already have been sent back and "recycled" some time ago, from what I've been told.

2) Yes, that is correct - though I believe the official term was "pre-production" or "pre-series" which is more or less the same thing anyway.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
some people get rather upset at the difference- try (off topic) calling the Concorde at IWM Duxford a "prototype" within earshot of the museum staff that look after it if you want to know the difference!

Dstock7080

Established Member
To update my previously posted info:

Saturday, Sunday and Monday 27/28/29 August
Victoria Line
No service between King’s Cross and Walthamstow Central.
Reduced services throughout the Line.
Signalling Work at Finsbury Park and Saturday only, Station Works at Blackhorse Road.

Saturday and Sunday 17/18 September CANCELLED
Victoria Line
No service throughout the line.
Engineering work between Brixton and Walthamstow Central.

Sunday 18 September Postponed, effective Sun 25 September
Victoria Line
NEW WORKING TIMETABLE 23.
(Off-peak services on Mondays to Fridays will be enhanced by 2tph between Brixton and Seven Sisters. A 23tph service will operate on this section.)

Saturday and Sunday 22/23 October confirmed
Victoria Line
Engineering work between Brixton and Walthamstow Central

Saturday and Sunday 19/20 November
Victoria Line
Engineering work between Brixton and Walthamstow Central

tom1649

Only prototype T2 ran in passenger service I believe. I don't think prototype T1 even had a proper interior fitted.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
For info, 2009 stock pair 11089 / 11090 was in traffic today. And on the Met, also today, S stock 21049 / 21050 was observed carrying passengers.

12CSVT

Established Member
21049/21050 has been in traffic for a couple of weeks - there's about 15 sets of 'S' stock in traffic. I've been told that the 'A' stock is expected to be around for about another 6 months.

12CSVT

Established Member
5064 was working less than 2 weeks ago. The attatched photo was taken at Chalfont & Latimer as I was waiting to phot Sarah Siddons on Sunday 11th

Attachments

• 377.jpg
    377.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.