• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK Forums at five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The more eagle-eyed amongst you would have noticed that in June, we celebrated the fifth birthday of the forums in our current form.

June this year was our busiest month ever in terms of posts and new threads, with 13,244 new posts being made. This figure represents an increase of over 50% in comparison to last year. Additionally 9 out of the 10 busiest days for members logging in have been in the past 2 months.

Over the summer we will be having a number of meets and hope to see many of our members there and get to know many more of you. Those members on the Retro Railtours "Deltic Retro Scot II" at the end of May were all treated to a cake and we hope to repeat this over the summer (we will buy a fresh cake of course).

picture.php

picture.php

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bighat

I am sure the cake WAS nice to eat, but it DOES look as if it crawled out of somewhere and died

Edit: I too will have been a member for five years on the 19th, pity some doen't treat me as if I had! You know whom you are!

Aictos

Established Member
While the cake looks nice and I'm sure was very tasty, looks too sweet for me as I'm more then happy with a pint :)

AlexS

Established Member
Time flies doesn't it eh!

I've been a poster, then a mod, then an admin, then a poster, and now I'm just a lurker mostly :)

Still, any occasion that gives rise to cake is a positive for me!

I reckon I've probably got in the top 10 oldest accounts on here, a day newer than Yorkie :)

Jordy

Established Member
Time flies doesn't it eh!

I've been a poster, then a mod, then an admin, then a poster, and now I'm just a lurker mostly :)

Still, any occasion that gives rise to cake is a positive for me!

I reckon I've probably got in the top 10 oldest accounts on here, a day newer than Yorkie :)

Yes you are user number 6! I wasn't far behind, user 31 apparently!

Doesn't seem five minutes since I joined :shock:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Yes - Jordy you are [m=31]31[/m].

You can find out anyones by looking at their profile page - the number at the end of the URL...

member.php?u=31

I am number [m=5668]5668[/m]!

Yorkie is [m=4]4[/m].

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The oldest account currently in use belongs to yorkie.
That explains why when I changed the number at the end of the Profile Page URL to numbers less than 4 it returned a faliure massage.

Who had account number 1?

Mintona

Established Member
I haven't quite been here since the start, about 6 months behind. Congrats on a big milestone though.

Drsatan

Established Member
I've been on RailUK forums since August 2009 and I've been staggered at how many people my age (I'm 19) or younger know more about railways than I do!

CarterUSM

Established Member
I've been on RailUK forums since August 2009 and I've been staggered at how many people my age (I'm 19) or younger know more about railways than I do!

Indeed, there is a vast wealth of knowledge about a variety of subjects on here! I joined a few other forums at the same time as this and just lurked about for a while, this site was by far the best for my personal interests though.

Ivo

Established Member
My brother's is 6791. Boring! :lol:

Why has he still only posted once (and then on this very laptop, and without permission at that!)? I shall send him a hostile PM demanding a reason <D

Oh hold on; I forgot. You can't PM send someone with less than five psts a PM. I shall have to use Facebook... :roll:

Last edited:

thefab444

Established Member
Well I am number 3191, but I presume that is the number of second account which was merged into my original dormant account - hence why I have a high user number/post count but joined in 2006.

It's certainly changed quite a bit since those heady days of 2006, that's for sure.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Having looked in the archives - this from what I can tell was the second ever thread on this forum! 7th July 2005, by Tom the Guest.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2

I can not access the first thread as I do not have the neccessary account type as it must of been mooved to a admin only board.

Try editing the digits at the end of the URL of this thread to a '1' and see what you get!

Bighat

Having looked in the archives - this from what I can tell was the second ever thread on this forum! 7th July 2005, by Tom the Guest.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2

I can not access the first thread as I do not have the neccessary account type as it must of been mooved to a admin only board.

That is the ubiquitous Mr Cairns, late of this parish!

And before you ask, I am number 98!

I have not looked to check whether a number of former members, now banned at a recent 'palace coup' are still showing 'in the system'.

Status
Not open for further replies.