• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Webcams

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dave59

Intermittent today (wed). It seems Both cam and sound feeds are not very robust (as are most webcams) but I suspect there will be improvements as broadband speeds increase. It's a well run site so I'm sure they'll be on the case.

pnemickey

Imporovements have been made to stabilise all 3 live feeds. The broadband at our Euxton site will be upgraded during the following week once BT get their backsides into action which will improve the WCML feed at least thricefold.
We are currently trying to upgrade the entire site which will require a log in to view the cams, but this will be free and will include the chat, forums and gallery.

SouthStand

Imporovements have been made to stabilise all 3 live feeds. The broadband at our Euxton site will be upgraded during the following week once BT get their backsides into action which will improve the WCML feed at least thricefold.
We are currently trying to upgrade the entire site which will require a log in to view the cams, but this will be free and will include the chat, forums and gallery.

Great, just what the average internet user needs, another login and password to remember!

themiller

elakenn628

Hi all Just to say that the Churnet raiway is not working/
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Churnet valley not working here.

Quince99

Hi all Just to say that the Churnet raiway is not working/
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Churnet valley not working here.

They are not indeed - their website has had a complete redesign (some drop-down menus not showing across some older browsers) and a considerable number of sections are awaiting content.

I did drop them a brief mail from the Contact section asking tentatively about when the webcams would be available once more but have received no reply.:(

BRCN

British Railway Cams Network

Broadcasting live from The London Tilbury & Southend Railway 24hrs a day

Find us here at www.brcn.co.uk

You will need to register to access the site but its 100% free and definately worth it. :D

bnm

Established Member
Not strictly webcams, but close. The various cameras around the Reading Station Improvement works can be accessed from the link below. Pictures are updated every 15 minutes and time-lapse from each camera can be viewed over the entire period that work has been going on.

There's a total of nine cameras based on three main worksites. Go to www.lobstervision.tv and enter one of the following in the 'username' and 'password' box:

For the new northern entrance and transfer deck: nrreading01
For the new western gateline by the Three Guineas: nrreading02
For the new maintenance depot and associated buildings: nrreading03

Enjoy!

Ironside

For the new northern entrance and transfer deck: nrreading01
For the new western gateline by the Three Guineas: nrreading02
For the new maintenance depot and associated buildings: nrreading03

Enjoy!

nrreading04 also works. But 05 does not.:D

williamus

Had a fright when I watched it at 2am this morning - a very long rail grinder went through !!

How good is this :D I've only just found it... I've got it on my iPhone now... I just love the sound of the sea lapping on the sand. Can't wait for a rough day!

Rich McLean

Established Member
How good is this :D I've only just found it... I've got it on my iPhone now... I just love the sound of the sea lapping on the sand. Can't wait for a rough day!

Today is a rough day down there if you want to watch. There were delays earlier at High Tide, but all seems to be ok now, but still rough none the less

brillopad

Today is a rough day down there if you want to watch. There were delays earlier at High Tide, but all seems to be ok now, but still rough none the less

The 4 foot south of Dawlish station has steel covers and the cess is wire caged to stop the ballast being washed away.

Skimble19

Established Member
Can't seem to get the new WCML cam site working, anyone else having troubles?

Last edited: