• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Class 385 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

InOban

Established Member
This is the first week for months that there is no delivery path in RTT. I thought that the yard at Hitachi wsd full of 385s to be despatched? Or are the engineers trying to get to the bottom of the intermittent door issue?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mingulay

This is the first week for months that there is no delivery path in RTT. I thought that the yard at Hitachi wsd full of 385s to be despatched? Or are the engineers trying to get to the bottom of the intermittent door issue?

Was there another failure this morning ? Lot of people trying to board our short formed 2 carriage Dunblane service at Linlithgow when already rammed full , shouting from platform to get on some one said this is the third train they tried to board ??

Mulson

Yes, the E-G service before the 8:27 that normally stops at Polmont/Linlithgow was cancelled. No idea if that is normally or was a 385 this morning.

Established Member

Few weeks ago, there 15-16 out in Yard. Now since deliveries there is normally about 7-8 visible.

InOban

Established Member
I believe that there are four 385 diagrams at present - 00 and -15 in each direction, each consisting of a,385-1 and 385-0. How many units are passed for passenger use or do they use different sets each day to keep them all in use?

youngac

I believe that there are four 385 diagrams at present - 00 and -15 in each direction, each consisting of a,385-1 and 385-0. How many units are passed for passenger use or do they use different sets each day to keep them all in use?

Current diagrams require around 10 in service, but at least 18 have been observed in passenger service at some point (003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008, 009, 011, 013, 014, 015, 016, 103, 104, 107, 122, 123 and 124).

InOban

Established Member
Thanks. They'll need to bring many more into service over the next couple of weeks!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Don’t forget when comparing the recent explanations that the normal convention is that a 7 car service will be two diagrams, so what you are reporting is 8 diagrams for 4 services...

mcmad

Is there a list with numbers of 3 and 4 car sets accepted by Scotrail and those awaiting acceptance as 9th December is drawing close which will see a massive increase in the requirement for 3 car sets with SDA going live.

EMU303

The link posted by Southsider above includes the snippet below, which confirms S/D/A will not be 100% electric train operated immediately from 9th Dec timetable change...

Works to electrify the lines to Larbert, Stirling, Dunblane and Alloa are completed, and will be primarily operated by Class 385 units although some services, in the short term, will continue to be operated by existing diesel units. A full electric service will commence in 2019.

kje7812

The link posted by Southsider above includes the snippet below, which confirms S/D/A will not be 100% electric train operated immediately from 9th Dec timetable change...

Works to electrify the lines to Larbert, Stirling, Dunblane and Alloa are completed, and will be primarily operated by Class 385 units although some services, in the short term, will continue to be operated by existing diesel units. A full electric service will commence in 2019.
Probably wise until the 385s have been a) fully delivered and b) bedded in.

GLC

Saw a 385 in Glasgow Central this morning. Sitting in platform 12 at about 0920. There were maybe 3 or 4 members of staff inside at the front of it, sitting about chatting. Looks quite good I think!

InOban

Established Member
Actually no. It's coming from Tees N.Y. rather than Tyne S.S. it's just left. But whether there's a set to deliver?

Status
Not open for further replies.