• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Slight changes you would make to liveries to make them nicer

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
The angry bird with a different beak - all over red, black or white.

cSz4Rvm.jpg

I like the yellow best, followed by the white. But overall, whatever colour the front, I hate this livery with a passion.

It looks like the original "Flowing Silk" concept, but reproduced on a faulty inkjet. It's awful. They should bring back the original design.

Then, to add insult to injury, "Flowing Silk" was slapped onto Pendolinos, where it looks out of place because it was designed to fit a different train.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Doomotron

White looks best, but I think that colours on the front can't be the same as the rest of the body (correct me if I'm wrong).

Goldfish62

Established Member
White looks best, but I think that colours on the front can't be the same as the rest of the body (correct me if I'm wrong).
The TPE Class 68s and the GN 717s use the bodyside colour on the front.

It's just a matter of styling. Some operators have chosen to stick with the default black that manufacturers tend to use on the front.

DGH 1

Hi everyone, can any of you clever people out there do a Northern 319 with the yellow front wrapped around the cab like the 322's and maybe a bit lower down on the front above the coupling?. I 've been wondering what it would look like.

superalbs

Established Member
Hi everyone, can any of you clever people out there do a Northern 319 with the yellow front wrapped around the cab like the 322's and maybe a bit lower down on the front above the coupling?. I 've been wondering what it would look like.
I'd try, but there's no good source image to use in my archives.

PudseyBearHST

s1w4Qy2.png

A bit like that?

Thank you :) After staring at a for a few minutes, I think it looks pretty good actually.

Also quick question if I may: I’ve not been following the EMR threads but are they going to bother repainting any HSTs into the EMR livery? Are HSTs due to leave the Midland Mainline at the end of this year?

Domh245

Established Member
Thank you :) After staring at a for a few minutes, I think it looks pretty good actually.

Also quick question if I may: I’ve not been following the EMR threads but are they going to bother repainting any HSTs into the EMR livery? Are HSTs due to leave the Midland Mainline at the end of this year?

I don't believe any HSTs will get painted purple. The current HSTs will be replaced by ex-LNER sets within a couple of months (still in VTEC/LNER livery but with an EMR sticker) but then both they and the ex-GC short sets will be removed by the end of this year

PudseyBearHST

I don't believe any HSTs will get painted purple. The current HSTs will be replaced by ex-LNER sets within a couple of months (still in VTEC/LNER livery but with an EMR sticker) but then both they and the ex-GC short sets will be removed by the end of this year

Very helpful. Thanks :smile:

CR165022

upload_2020-2-20_7-15-41.pngsomething like this?

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member

I’m almost sure weareemr on Twitter hinted that a solo HST set will get aubergined.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Very telling that none of these livery tweaks have included the really important stuff - i.e. first class, bike and wheelchair accommodations' denotation which is clear and useful. I don't care whether a livery is sleek and pretty anything like as much as I do that it does what it's supposed to - include passenger information clearly. My preference would be the GWR green, but with broad and bright yellow, maroon and bright green (the last for bikes) stripes which can be seen as the train approaches, and which are backed up by clear legends at eye level, rather than the current crop of obscure, 'designer' schemes which mostly have no consistency or clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.