• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Class 313 withdrawal/storage/scrapping updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
No 313s scrapped of yet.

All 455s (southern) have been withdrawn and most of not all, scrapped.

The list in one of the threads show 4 as stored but that hasn’t been updated since August so it is safe to assume they are all gone.

Every single Southern one has been scrapped

209 has been out this week

Many thanks.

paul1609

Established Member
Yes but I implied the question was asking specifically about the Southern Sets as they asked for 206/217 for their haulage.

There was also talk of a diagram being removed this month I think but does anyone have a source?

Source?

377 Brighton to Hastings? Or 442 Brighton to Hastings. The post is quite hard to follow.

Don’t 387s operate Brighton-Eastbourne now?
I often use the Brighton to Ore service enroute to Marshlink in my experience this summer youve got about a 30% chance of a 387.

that1pepfan

On Moderation
313212 has serious wheel flats I am on it right now lol

Motors sound good though

Last edited:

WesternLancer

Established Member
I used to be both of these attributes... having to part-commute on the coastway has made go from loving to utterly despising them. I don't think a single person that relies on them genuinely enjoys having to endure them.
I do think they are better than the 2 HAPs I used to commute to school on on Coastway services. I recall them being v drafty and cold in winter!

But then they were replaced by CIGs and VEPs (VEPs also drafty) so that is not dissimilar to a 377 replacement for a 313 I guess.

Yes, but only limited workings in the peaks. A 313 worked a morning peak trip to Ore and an afternoon peak trip to Eastbourne for a while.

See https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...discussion-updates.89697/page-12#post-2551445 and https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/unique-class-workings-on-services.54082/#post-835388

0752 Brighton to Ore / 1720 Brighton to Eastbourne
Many thanks - most helpful.

Bikeman78

Established Member
Did they ever work on Brighton to Eastbourne or on to Hastings services?
For a few years there was a 313 to Hastings and Ore in the morning. It did a shuttle from Ore to Hastings as well. More recently there was an evening peak run to Eastbourne.

Graham H

I was on the 22.44 to Brighton from Portsmouth last night. Seemed a big ask for the 313 to get to Brighton let alone next April. Locals audibly groan now when they approach the platform, cant go soon enough
I think we have audibly groaned since they were first introduced Groan and cross your legs is the general requirement

gmaguire

Not sure I can sense much difference between them to be honest, though the point made about the BO smell on the Connex-interior versions is fair - anyone know what causes it?
Maybe it’s the plastic outgassing. Some Dell laptops made around 2003 had that problem with the same BO smell.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member

that1pepfan

On Moderation
Wow nice work. Do you go out everyday to see which ones are in service?

The thing 206 hasn't been in service for a while, and there isn't any record of it being in service in the duration of this thread. It may well have been but I am not sure.
No - I use part time spotter website owned by @03_179

Status
Not open for further replies.