• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Cletus

Established Member
Don't think its the re-introduction of the lowest tiers of advances - at least not from Dover :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
Nice idea I think.

Would be better if it included metro-cards !

They are claiming you can 'win back the cost of your ticket' but the maximum value is £100. I paid more than that for a weekly season for a 17 minute commute in 2019 and there's been multiple fare increases since!

They actually did something similar pre-COVID but it was just for those who bought season tickets on smart cards, probably DfT backed to encourage people to switch to the new method of buying tickets.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
They are claiming you can 'win back the cost of your ticket' but the maximum value is £100. I paid more than that for a weekly season for a 17 minute commute in 2019 and there's been multiple fare increases since!

They actually did something similar pre-COVID but it was just for those who bought season tickets on smart cards, probably DfT backed to encourage people to switch to the new method of buying tickets.
They also refer to daily, weekly and annual season tickets.

I'm wondering if monthly and longer ones are a deliberate omission and what daily season tickets are.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
They also refer to daily, weekly and annual season tickets.

I'm wondering if monthly and longer ones are a deliberate omission and what daily season tickets are.
Suspect monthly tickets would cost them too much :lol: and my guess would be daily refers to flexi seasons

Pemberton

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, however I've just received an email from Uber with a link to their Uber Travel app which is offering 10% back in Uber Credits for train ticket bookings so I assume if I book tickets there costing £30, my Uber account will be credited with £3 within 10 working days. The offer is valid until 31/12/2022.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220928_112124_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220928_112124_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 28

island

Veteran Member
Another round of 5%/10% rebates on LNER and 5% on Avanti bookings is making its way to selected banking apps. As ever, you may book any TOC, you just have to use the relevant website/app.

mrmartin

Will they extend the LNER 12% AMEX offer?
Another round of 5%/10% rebates on LNER and 5% on Avanti bookings is making its way to selected banking apps. As ever, you may book any TOC, you just have to use the relevant website/app.

mangyiscute

Established Member
Some absolute bargains to be had across the East of England on Greater Anglia services for travel between 12th October & 2nd December. Most routes (Stansted Express excepted) are permitted & the promotion appears on any enquiry as the ‘cheapest’ fare.

Just seen this mentioned in a thread - looks pretty good

Pemberton

Trip.com are advertising a £9.90 digital railcard deal as part of their '5th Anniversary Flash Sale'. It says there only 100 available, app purchases only and the sale starts at 10 a.m. on the 27th October. I don't know the website and I can't see that it makes it clear what Railcard(s) are included.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024_160955_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024_160955_Chrome.jpg
    819.4 KB · Views: 53

dk1

Veteran Member
As predicted the GA Hare Fares promotion is causing overcrowding issues on several routes. Being so unrestricted the public in general are all going to travel at a time that suits them (which tend to be the same trains) for a day out rather than being quota controlled.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Who has the highest % cashback at the moment? I have some tickets I need to book tonight

lyndhurst25

Established Member
Dales Railcard Winter offer is back again. 50% off fares, instead of the normal 33%. In previous years wasn’t it a flat fare, which was a more generous offer than this for longer journeys?

The Dales Railcard, Northern Winter Offer is back, allowing our passengers with the Dales Railcard to travel the Settle-Carlisle line and the Leeds-Morecambe line (The Bentham Line) for a great price.

This year’s offer gives a huge 50% off your entire journey along the Settle-Carlisle line and the Leeds-Morecambe line – even better, the offer runs until 1st April 2023. The Winter Offer is available 7 days a week, including bank holidays.

Bentham to Leeds via Skipton
£9.40 return

Settle to Carlisle
£12.00 return

Appleby to Carlisle
£5.05 return

Carlisle to Leeds
£16.75 return

The Dales Railcard costs just £10 and is valid for 12 months. When the winter offer is not running, your railcard provides savings of 1/3rd on the cost of tickets between all stations on the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle and Leeds-Bentham-Lancaster/Morecambe lines.

Offer available to Dales Railcard holders only. Available on all trains with the exception of the 05.51 Carlisle – Leeds via Settle and 06.48 Lancaster to Leeds via Clapham services Mondays to Fridays. Valid all day weekends and bank holidays.

Buy or renew your Dales Railcard at https://bit.ly/3U4Jiie

bspahh

Established Member
Who has the highest % cashback at the moment? I have some tickets I need to book tonight
Topcashback.co.uk offer 1% cashback for tickets bought from Transport for Wales. For tickets from Chiltern Railways, the rates vary, depending whether you are a new customer with them, and if its a ticket on their trains. It is 0.85% for tickets on other trains

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld

I must admit this has confused me a little. Didn’t know any did on rail tickets but then I have never used anything that involves a cashback so have no idea how it works.

If you or anyone else banks with the Bank of Scotland and have their app on your mobile phone, I know that they sometimes have cashback offers with LNER.

EDIT: Fixed typo caused by autocorrect.

Last edited:

_toommm_

Established Member
Trainline are currently offering £15 off digital season tickets of at least £20:

£15 off a digital Season Ticket in our app*
If you do the same journey 2+ times a week, make it cheaper with a digital Season Ticket or Flexi Season. They save you time and money, so you can skip past the ticket machine queues and start your day as you mean to go on. Just tap, scan and go.

Select Flexi & Seasons when you search for your usual journey in our app, and copy and paste the code at checkout:

SeasonEgowU