• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

MidsMike

A quick scroll back to post 4571 will yield your answer.
I thought it would it’s just the fact it sort of implies you need to collect a voucher a week. Then there is the collect two/three conflicting message. To the average customer is must be rather confusing.

Shame about the engineering work on the West Coast over weekends.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rail Ranger

The two/three vouchers thing happens every time. As I understand it, it is two vouchers for Reach PLC papers and three for National World papers.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I thought it would it’s just the fact it sort of implies you need to collect a voucher a week. Then there is the collect two/three conflicting message. To the average customer is must be rather confusing.

Shame about the engineering work on the West Coast over weekends.
They're usable from today. As several of the papers are daily you may have several vouchers by the weekend. To use today you'd have to buy more than one paper today.

HSP 2

These are the participating papers in Reach PLC where only two tokens are needed.

Paper

Date

Hull Daily Mail

13/02/23 - 25/02/23

Stoke Sentinel

13/02/23 - 25/02/23

Newcastle Chronicle

13/02/23 - 25/02/23

Journal

13/02/23 - 25/02/23

Teesside Gazette

13/02/23 - 25/02/23

Liverpool Echo

13/02/23 - 25/02/23

Manchester Evening News

13/02/23 - 25/02/23

Paper

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Scunthorpe Telegraph

w/c 13/02/23

w/c 20.02.23

w/c 27.02.23

Lincolnshire Echo

w/c 13/02/23

w/c 20.02.23

w/c 27.02.23

Sunday Sun

w/c 13/02/23

w/c 20.02.23

w/c 27.02.23

MEN on Sunday

w/c 13/02/23

w/c 20.02.23

w/c 27.02.23

Liverpool Echo on Sunday

w/c 13/02/23

w/c 20.02.23

w/c 27.02.23

Chester Chronicle

w/c 13/02/23

w/c 20.02.23

w/c 27.02.23

Runcorn/Widnes Weekly

w/c 13/02/23

w/c 20.02.23

w/c 27.02.23

Macclesfield Express

w/c 13/02/23

w/c 20.02.23

w/c 27.02.23
Reach plc papers
I never received this info in my email only the Nation word list so where did you get this list. I'm playing catch up so I may have missed a reply.

HSP 2

YorkC

If anyone's wondering about LNER Unidays discount, they've replied to a couple of people on twitter to say it'll be reinstated next week.

ServerHoster

Speaking of LNER, they are offering 10% Perks Credit Cashback instead of the usual 2%, if you book via their app, for the next 6 weeks or so.

Silver Cobra

The only shame with that is the Nectar Connect promotion that often appears (10/20pts per £1 spent on tickets through LNER) only works through the LNER website, so can't be used in conjunction with the LNER perk credit uplift through the app.

RailUser23

Interested in buying tickets via LNER but I'm a bit confused about what I can do with the LNER App/Website.
I'd like to get cashback for non-LNER journeys (I have both Quidco & Halifax card), but will not be travelling anywhere near LNER network (mostly Midlands & SW England).
Considering a trip up to Edinburgh at some point later this year, so LNER perks could be handy for discounts on Advance tickets I guess.

Can I get cashback via LNER when buying non-LNER route tickets?
Can I use the LNER website or app to order paper tickets & pick them up at my local station ticket machine (West Midlands)?
Can I get cashback for purchasing a Family & Friends railcard via LNER?

Otherwise may consider any discounts on West Midlands, Crosscountry or GWR that might be better for me.

Any thoughts?

YorkC

Do you mean cashback on your Halifax card? If so then yes - you get paid the same amount no matter what it is you buy on LNER, so it doesn't matter whether it's an LNER service or not. If you use the website you can collect paper tickets but the app (I'm pretty sure) will only sell e-tickets. I don't think Quidco have an offer on LNER.

I'm not aware that you can even buy railcards through the LNER website. Trainline, however, have a offer on Topcashback for buying railcards if you're a new customer.

RailUser23

Do you mean cashback on your Halifax card? If so then yes - you get paid the same amount no matter what it is you buy on LNER, so it doesn't matter whether it's an LNER service or not. If you use the website you can collect paper tickets but the app (I'm pretty sure) will only sell e-tickets. I don't think Quidco have an offer on LNER.

I'm not aware that you can even buy railcards through the LNER website. Trainline, however, have a offer on Topcashback for buying railcards if you're a new customer.
Thanks for reply - that's what I was hoping to hear regarding the Halifax card cashback! I have a Network Railcard on Trainline, but not keen on using Trainline for F&F card - apparently, there's no easy way to share the online card with a second cardholder.

Edit - looks like I can no longer get the Halifax cashback (it was a 5% one-off deal) or Quidco for LNER. Will try Northern Trains instead - 2% cashback.

Last edited:

Pemberton

The Airtime Rewards cashback app has been offering 5% cashback for all purchases through LNER. Just make sure you purchase tickets with a bank / credit card linked to your Airtime Rewards account.

RailUser23

I haven't come across Airtime Rewards, but sounds like a good call - 5% cashback is great for train tickets, and money off mobile phone bill can't be bad.

YorkC

I think 8% is what everyone gets initially - for me it lasted for months - but eventually it reverts to 5

bspahh

Established Member
Interrail has a 10% discount offer until 15 March.
https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/global-pass says:
  • Travel in any of the 33 countries included in your Global Pass.
  • Start traveling up to 11 months after purchase
  • No need to choose a start date until you travel
  • Free, instant delivery – add it straight to the app

There is more discussion on a similar offer from December 2022 at

westv

Established Member
The Airtime Rewards cashback app has been offering 5% cashback for all purchases through LNER. Just make sure you purchase tickets with a bank / credit card linked to your Airtime Rewards account.
I've not noticed that offer. Do you have to register for it (I've already registered for O2 Airtime).

Haywain

Veteran Member
I've not noticed that offer. Do you have to register for it (I've already registered for O2 Airtime).
You need to have registered for Airtime Rewards (installed the app) and use one of the registered payment cards.

D1024

Speaking of LNER, they are offering 10% Perks Credit Cashback instead of the usual 2%, if you book via their app, for the next 6 weeks or so.
I only just saw this but having made a booking on the LNER website today the quoted Perks credit is at 10% as well so maybe not just through the app.

realemil

WMT offer, 1 free ticket per account for travel between zones 1-5, anytime single or return.

Booking opens Monday 13th march, with the offer being available 20-24 march.

10000 tickets available, first come first serve.

Use code CHOOSEDAY on app or website for the offer.

Pemberton

That's a great WMT offer realemil has posted, booking open today for travel next Monday to Friday. Even though the booking is just through WMT, you can get a free anytime standard class return ticket with the promotional code for anywhere within West Midlands zones 1 - 5 such as a Coventry to Wolverhampton return ticket on the direct Avanti and Cross Country services.