• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

A Challenge

Established Member
If you know you will be spending that amount on tickets within the next year and have the available funds, you could just buy LNER e-vouchers and spend them as you go.
Vouchers like that are usually excluded from spend totals for three sorts of offers, so does this actually work?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkC

Just for reference - I bought LNER evouchers with Curve and it's tracked for 10% cashback.

realemil

aavm

Greater Anglia Offer.
Day returns (after 930 from London) : £10, 15, or 20.
Online only (can book on the day)
About 1/3 cheaper than the railcard price, much more if you're going beyond Norwich.
Book to 12 Feb.
Travel to 26 Mar.

mangyiscute

Established Member
Greater Anglia Offer.
Day returns (after 930 from London) : £10, 15, or 20.
Online only (can book on the day)
About 1/3 cheaper than the railcard price, much more if you're going beyond Norwich.
Book to 12 Feb.
Travel to 26 Mar.
disappointingly theres no break of journey permitted

dk1

Veteran Member
The fantastic ‘Hare Fares’ promotion is back at Greater Anglia…

MrJeeves

Established Member
Trainline are doing £15 off season tickets (excl Annual) through their app with code HELLOSAVINGS.

Just bought two weekly seasons for my commute for the next two weeks.

You can do sTicket (I made this mistake) or TOD season (please this one).

Appears Trainline are offering £15 off Weekly/Flexi & Monthly Seasons over £30
Ah, oops!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Trainline are doing £15 off season tickets (excl Annual) through their app with code HELLOSAVINGS.

Ah, oops!
What's an sTicket?

MrJeeves

Established Member
What's an sTicket?
Season e-Ticket. Basically an e-Ticket that regenerates (basically) every time you open it with validity of a season ticket. Was a Trainline trial in partnership with a TOC (GTR, I think?), but is now live for any retailer and TOC to implement if they wish, I believe.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Season e-Ticket. Basically an e-Ticket that regenerates (basically) every time you open it with validity of a season ticket. Was a Trainline trial in partnership with a TOC (GTR, I think?), but is now live for any retailer and TOC to implement if they wish, I believe.
Isn't it an in-app ticket? If so, a bit more mTicket than eTicket.

YorkC

Ah, oops!

Topcashback have this listed as offering "up to 31.5% cashback" as well - would be interested if anyone can find how much work "up to" is doing there in any T&Cs as that's potentially a very good offer https://www.topcashback.co.uk/thetrainline/

BenS123

Topcashback have this listed as offering "up to 31.5% cashback" as well - would be interested if anyone can find how much work "up to" is doing there in any T&Cs as that's potentially a very good offer https://www.topcashback.co.uk/thetrainline/
Appears that its 31.5% for new customers buying a railcard, however for existing customers a normal ticket which isn't London <> Manchester gets just 0.52% (from the bottom of the page https://www.topcashback.co.uk/thetrainline/)

YorkC

Yeah - but if you scroll to the bottom for "Special Deals & Vouchers" it says 31.5% about the railcard offer specifically Screenshot_2023-01-30-20-13-29-516-edit_com.kiwibrowser.browser.jpg

Mainline421

It also says "can only be purchased via the app" and "cashback not available on app purchases." (sic)

Do they charge a booking fee for seasons?

Mainline421

Looks like I may do a deal with the devil and open a Trainline account then <D
Edit: only appears to work if signed out. Trainline still shady as usual :rolleyes:

Attachments

• scamline screenshot.jpg
    scamline screenshot.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

boyaloud

Had an email from Avanti offering 75% off a single or return ticket for one journey for either one or two people. Valid for booking until 8 February and travel until the 22nd. Worth checking emails! No railcard discount on top.

Butts

Veteran Member
Had an email from Avanti offering 75% off a single or return ticket for one journey for either one or two people. Valid for booking until 8 February and travel until the 22nd. Worth checking emails! No railcard discount on top.

Is that for 1st Class as well as Standard ?

mangyiscute

Established Member
If you aren't subscribed to the email already do you think you missed the offer? Seems a weird way of doing things as you're not going to attract any new customers by running an offer behind closed doors

Last edited:

Puffing Devil

Established Member
If you aren't subscribed to the email already do you think you missed the offer? Seems a weird way of doing things as you're not going to attract any new customers by running an offer behind closed doors

Perhaps more about encouraging known travellers back?