• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

westv

Established Member
Trip.com, whom I haven't heard of before the ad appeared on Facebook, are offering digital railcards for £5.99.
Is this too good to be true?

Edit: I just noticed is also requires you to book a hotel room.
Do people actually respond to adverts on FB?!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WikiK

Does anyone have any recommendations for cheaper first class upgrades websites besides using Seatfrog for an Edinburgh to London trip in late April?

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for cheaper first class upgrades websites besides using Seatfrog for an Edinburgh to London trip in late April?

Seatfrog is the only game in town for these kind of upgrades.

The other possibility is paying for an upgrade onboard (what used to be called Weekend First).

WikiK

Seatfrog is the only game in town for these kind of upgrades.

The other possibility is paying for an upgrade onboard (what used to be called Weekend First).
Ah that’s a shame! Thanks anyway! Would prefer to travel first class on the Azuma. My usual London-Leeds trip is the absolute limit I can stomach on those nasty seats. The first class ones are a massive upgrade over those ironing boards.

Pemberton

I see the 10% back in Uber Credits for booking train, coach and Eurostar tickets through the Travel part of their app has been extended to 30/6/2023. Useful for me as like mangyiscute posted, my Airtime Rewards has been reduced to requiring a £70+ spend on LNER to qualify for the 5% reward.

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
I see the 10% back in Uber Credits for booking train, coach and Eurostar tickets through the Travel part of their app has been extended to 30/6/2023. Useful for me as like mangyiscute posted, my Airtime Rewards has been reduced to requiring a £70+ spend on LNER to qualify for the 5% reward.
Same with NatWest rewards, needs a large minimum spend rather than no minimum spend the last time.

Capvermell

On Moderation
Uber app currently offering 10% cashback (in Uber credits) when you book Eurostar tickets through Uber.

Not tried it, and not going to, though - Uber's initial implementation of UK rail ticketing was laughable.
I seem to be buying the rail tickets that the Uber Travel section of the Uber App will sell me and getting the 10 cashback on those and then buying the ones that Uber finds it too hard to work out to sell such as those to London Overground destinations the normal way from ticket machines or train companies own websites. As the 10 per cent cash back can be used to buy further rail ticket through Uber Travel or as cashback off Uber Rides on the whole it still seems worth having.

Having said that the Uber Travel part of their App does seem to have a lot of bugs that currently make it impossible to buy some kinds of rail ticket by using it.

Buzby

My Senior Railcard expired in June ‘21 and because of Covid didn’t automatically renew it. Spin forward to last month, and I logged in to the card website, selecting renew an expired card - no luck I wasn’t found, even my old card number was deemed ‘invalid’. Phoning the call centre I was told after a period they delete cardholder details due to GDPR. They then said I would have to provide all the verification documents - the fact I still had my old card caused much consternatio, as I was clearly even older but they wanted current DL/Passport which are now expired.

after waiting for the 10 days email turnaround I found a code for 3% discount but as my renewal would be handled manuall, the £3.50 off a 3-year card was an impossibility. I gave up.

The lesson I learned was to refuse the digital card, as if I had one I doubt if I could have renewed - so I opted for a card again. Strange though you cannot use both - one as a back-up. Anyone know why?

island

Veteran Member
Strange though you cannot use both - one as a back-up. Anyone know why?
As there is no photo on the physical card it could be shared with others.

You can of course purchase a digital and a physical Railcard if you want to have both, each one will be charged for.

Markdvdman

I am gutted bought a weekly for £29.10 this am Merthyr to Bridgend (max zonal limit) and multiflexis back live on offer! Not exactly advertised with fanfare! Hope it holds for a while anyway

bubieyehyeh

Assuming you'll travel enough in the next year, just buy LNER vouchers.
Does anyone know with LNER vouchers, do you have to spend the voucher in one-go. Or can you pay for some tickets with part of it. I then say a week later use the remainder of the voucher?

Anyone have more information about the 'Transport for Wales Ticket Sale' I received a push notification about today?

Seems to be a way of offering 50% off on longer distance trips, but not entirely convinced this is the right time given the ongoing 175 situation and general overcrowding on TfW before the new stock is introduced!

Here we go...

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
10% discount on Eurostar with the code EARTH23 - good for journeys between 06.06 and 22.08 booked by next Wednesday night (23:59).

Haywain

Veteran Member
Does anyone know with LNER vouchers, do you have to spend the voucher in one-go. Or can you pay for some tickets with part of it. I then say a week later use the remainder of the voucher?
You can use them bit by bit.

gfa

12% LNER on amex.
not showing up in my app yet but i got an email about it. till 17 may

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
12% LNER on amex.
not showing up in my app yet but i got an email about it. till 17 may
Does this work on the LNER app? The Ts&C's seem to talk about the website but I would be surprised if they want us to use the website over the app.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Do you know how Perks works with vouchers? If I was to buy an LNER voucher, would I still earn Perks £?
I think you get Perks when you spend them rather than when you buy them.