• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cletus

Established Member
You didn't pick one of the excluded dates did you?
Travel is from 5 January to 23 March 2016, excluding 30 January, 6 February and 13 - 21 February 2016 (inclusive).

Plus you do need to go through the link and not their website's normal planner.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I did go through the link - Oddly, whenever I try to book from either LDS or YRK it excludes promotional fares

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
HUL - KGX shows no specials

LDS - KGX shows no specials

YRK - KGX shows no specials

KGX - YRK DOES show specials

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
I've seen the same thing: NCL-EDB brings the fares up, but looking at NCL-KGX doesn't. Very odd.
I've managed to book a handful of Newcastle - Kings Cross journeys at 'sale' prices. The booking engine has been so slow that it gave me a 'core overload - please try later' message a few times.
You have noticed that some dates are excluded, haven't you? And some dates for the first half of Jan seem to have sold out already.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Yes, I know about some dates excluded.

VTEC said that Hull is excluded from the sale which, seeing as the offer says Yorkshire, is very unfair...

CaptainHaddock

Established Member

Class 92

John @ home

Established Member
Sale tickets between Leeds/Wakefield and the North East/Edinburgh are available via Doncaster by choosing select a route then valid only on booked VTEC services. £10 standard for Leeds - Edinburgh.

Biggus Tiggus

Chiltern have effectively reintroduced their "Just £15" tickets for journeys between London and Leamington Spa, Warwick, Warwick Parkway, Hatton, Lapworth, Dorridge, Solihull, Birmingham Moor Street, Birmingham Snow Hill, Claverdon, Bearley, Wilmcote, Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway and Stratford-upon-Avon.

Tickets are available for purchase at http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/just15 until Sunday 6th March for travel until Tuesday 5th April.

Conditions are as follows, with restrictions applying seven days a week:

• Not valid on trains timed to arrive at London Marylebone before 13:00.
  • Not valid on trains timed to depart London Marylebone before 11:00, or between 15:30 and 19:30.
  • Break of journey is not permitted in either direction.
  • Return travel must be made within a month of the date of outward travel.
  • Tickets are non-refundable.
  • Railcard discounts are available.
  • Tickets are only available for purchase online at http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/just15 for fulfillment by Print@Home or Ticket on Departure.

westv

Established Member
Why don't Hull Trains ever have a seat sale? All they've ever given me is a 400% increase in my AP ticket prices since 2014.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I see the page for SWT Weekend First has changed to be "fares from £5", but without any details of what fares will be charged if someone wishes to upgrade at weekends.

I reckon it might backfire in a way, especially for those travelling in a group who would pay extra for weekend 1st class on say a service to Bournemouth

ys123

With the current offer of Leeds-London for just 5pounds, one can buy a Northern Advance from Manchester Victoria to Leeds (Calder Valley Line) for 3pounds thereby getting from manchester to london for 8pounds compared to Virgin Trains's starting price of 20pounds... Although it would be 4hrs travelling time...