• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Trainee Drivers at Staines, Woking and Waterloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

utternoob

Just completed the application and didn't get a confirmation email, FFS it better had gone through:{

HeelBurton

there's no email address anywhere ?
To contact our recruitment and selection team:

Please be sure to specify which position your query relates to – or, if we are currently processing your application, please include your candidate reference number.

RedAurora

I'm surprised at how long this has been left open. I thought that they usually close these things after a few days due to the thousands of applications being sent in.

HeelBurton

I wonder if Bournemouth/Weymouth will be getting any trainees soon?

Bournemouth occasionally takes trainees but they are not one of the depots that require extra drivers due to extra services or extra trains.

Weymouth have NEVER advertised externally as there’s a list of drivers elsewhere who are waiting to move There.

Alexkk

Could email them and check tomorrow. But not sure if there is an automatic confirmation mail. Can anyone else advise?
I applied for the Staines position and received an e-mail confirmation about 3 hours after I submitted with a candidate number, so you should receive something.

vikingdriver

Bournemouth occasionally takes trainees but they are not one of the depots that require extra drivers due to extra services or extra trains.

Weymouth have NEVER advertised externally as there’s a list of drivers elsewhere who are waiting to move There.

Course behind us had a Weymouth trainee driver on it....

Johnny Depot

I'm surprised at how long this has been left open. I thought that they usually close these things after a few days due to the thousands of applications being sent in.
Annnnnd still going. I am realised suprised too.

Has anyone heard anything back out of interest?

Johnny Depot

Yep I applied wednesday and got binned today.

Good luck with your other application (and sorry to raise up this thread if you just found out the news). Did you get any helpful feedback or is it simply a "we will not be processing your application further" e-mail.

baz962

Established Member
Good luck with your other application (and sorry to raise up this thread if you just found out the news). Did you get any helpful feedback or is it simply a "we will not be processing your application further" e-mail.

Oh no prob mate I don't let thing's like that get me down I am made of stronger stuff and wouldn't post on here if it made me uncomfortable.
We are all here to share experience's and help each other right. Anyhow it was the thanks for applying but on this occasion you were unsuccessful.
unfortunately we cannot provide individual feedback.
My personal thought at this time is it might be due to my location and perhap's they do not want re location's or are at least using it as a sifting method but very good luck to you mate.

Johnny Depot

Oh no prob mate I don't let thing's like that get me down I am made of stronger stuff and wouldn't post on here if it made me uncomfortable.
We are all here to share experience's and help each other right. Anyhow it was the thanks for applying but on this occasion you were unsuccessful.
unfortunately we cannot provide individual feedback.
My personal thought at this time is it might be due to my location and perhap's they do not want re location's or are at least using it as a sifting method but very good luck to you mate.

Nice one and thanks. That's a good mentality to have.

Val3ntine

My personal thought at this time is it might be due to my location and perhap's they do not want re location's or are at least using it as a sifting method

Definetly most likely location to get a rejection this quick. If you’re not within a fair distance they’re very strict. I remember applying for Salisbury depot a while back and got a rejection the very next day

baz962

Established Member
Definetly most likely location to get a rejection this quick. If you’re not within a fair distance they’re very strict. I remember applying for Salisbury depot a while back and got a rejection the very next day

Cheer's valentine.

Johnny Depot

How far were you baz if I can ask? I'm within the hour transport/40 mins driving. So hoping that's alright.

baz962

Established Member
I am Bedford so maybe 1 hr 30 but I did say I would re locate

RedAurora

I applied on the 7th and haven’t had a rejection or otherwise yet. I wonder if that’s a good thing.
Hmm... I haven't heard anything back yet either. Although I also applied to GWR last weekend and got binned for that one on tuesday. I live about 30 mins away from Paddington (GWR) and Waterloo (SWR).

Anybody know what sort of things get you binned aside from location? I really wasn't sure what they wanted on those questionnaires.

387star

On Moderation
Not sure what course you were on, but Weymouth has had about 2 trainees in last 10 years.
I always thought Salisbury was like that (must be a lovely route card) but I passed sift in Sept 15 for a interview although I was in a talent pool with two TOCS and days later got the job with one of those TOCs

I was living near Portsmouth at the time so technically outside the travel time to Salisbury I would have thought

Last edited:

theironroad

Established Member
I always thought Salisbury was like that (must be a lovely route card) but I passed sift in Sept 15 for a interview although I was in a talent pool with two TOCS and days later got the job with one of those TOCs

I was living near Portsmouth at the time so technically outside the travel time to Salisbury I would have thought

I think Salisbury used to be hard to get into, but I believe they've had a number of retirements in the last few years and it's a lot bigger than Weymouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.